Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2016, 10:26:00 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2016, 10:18:41 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2016, 10:12:26 PM
I think twenty nine counties will get behind Mayo after today (sorry Tipp). Whilst it wasn't a vintage performance, I seen enough to suggest that Mayo have a chance against Kerry or Dublin. The fact that they came out the right side of a one point game against a good side will give them extra belief and impetus. With the greatest respect to Tipp, Mayo can tailor their program now to peak for the game of their lives on the 3rd Sunday in September whereas Kerry and Dublin will have to hold this level for 6 weeks. They are still outsiders but this team looked buried all season until today and now they are alive and kicking again.

What? Are you actually from planet Earth, yellowcard? Everyone will want Tipp to win.

Yes, that particular match of course my instinct would have me support Tipp. However I meant the All Ireland title of course which I think most people accept is a 3 horse race. I think it's fair to say that Tipp have very little chance, these are the top 3 teams in the country left.

You have gone from a Tyrone 1-18 v Mayo 0-12 prediction to now saying Mayo could win the All Ireland. Thats some turnaround after a one point quarter final against a Tyrone side that aren't a patch on their All Ireland winning teams.

kerryforsam16

Excellent display from keegan, took one for team getting Cavanaghs first yellow card. Great teamwork

saffronandblue

Some good performances today. Experience definitely helped in the end. For the life of me I cannot see what Jason Doherty brings to the table? He hardly touched the ball and he certainly won't go out of his way to get it. 

yellowcard

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 06, 2016, 10:42:26 PM
I think twenty nine counties will get behind Mayo after today (sorry Tipp). Whilst it wasn't a vintage performance, I seen enough to suggest that Mayo have a chance against Kerry or Dublin. The fact that they came out the right side of a one point game against a good side will give them extra belief and impetus. With the greatest respect to Tipp, Mayo can tailor their program now to peak for the game of their lives on the 3rd Sunday in September whereas Kerry and Dublin will have to hold this level for 6 weeks. They are still outsiders but this team looked buried all season until today and now they are alive and kicking again.

What? Are you actually from planet Earth, yellowcard? Everyone will want Tipp to win.

Yes, that particular match of course my instinct would have me support Tipp. However I meant the All Ireland title of course which I think most people accept is a 3 horse race. I think it's fair to say that Tipp have very little chance, these are the top 3 teams in the country left.

You have gone from a Tyrone 1-18 v Mayo 0-12 prediction to now saying Mayo could win the All Ireland. Thats some turnaround after a one point quarter final against a Tyrone side that aren't a patch on their All Ireland winning teams.

That was how highly I rated Tyrone and hands up I got it wrong. On all known form before the match Mayo had done nothing to suggest they had that performance in them, hence the reason for the re-evaluation. You don't rate Tyrone that highly, that's fine. You also have to factor in the draw, they have a relatively easy semi final team and I've never stated I think they will win the AI, merely get to the final. Clearly the winner of the other semi will be the expected winner but I give Mayo a punchers chance based on 2 close fought replay defeats against either county in the last 2 years. I do believe Dublin are over hyped and have seen enough to think they are far from the shoe ins that people think. Just my opinion.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 06, 2016, 05:51:41 PM
Peter Harte is some footballer, absolutely outstanding.
If Tyrone had a free taker they'd be through.
Fair play to Mayo though ground it out.

Sean Cavanagh STARTED on Keegan coming out after half time and they both got a yellow

The second yellow for Cavanagh was probably deserved, although O'Shea's antics where once again disappointing but it's simply not true to say that Cavanagh started the bother before the second half began. Keegan was at it all the way through the first half and the linesman stood and watched it and did nothing about it.

Better team on the day won although Tyrone kicked themselves out of it. For those lamenting about the ref I thought he was excellent and most of all consistent. Mayo's tackling was very poor and they where penalised for it but not fully punished as the lack of a good free taker came back to haunt Tyrone.

mrhardyannual

I thought Rochford and Co got there calls right today to a huge degree. Didn't see Alan Dillon starting and he had a great half, intelligently finding space. Andy continued from last game..won nearly every ball kicked in to him. Harrison continues to grow in the position and Keith was at home. Leave him there. AOS was immense and COC continues to return to form. Parsons added enormously in second half. I was a bit disappointed that we started keep ball towards the end but have been more disappointed in the past when we gave ball away through reckless shooting and lost as a result.

We were sitting among Tyrone crowd and neither ourselves or Tyrone fans were overly happy with Mr Gough and the banter was great. Since I stopped believing that I can fairly judge a ref when Mayo are playing, I guess this means he wasn't too bad ( though I dont know yet why he pulled on Clarke's kick-out). Sean Canavan,( like Connolly in the second game ) can have no complaint about the red card. He, Keegan, Connolly & McHugh picked up soft yellows for off the ball messing. Had he not gotten the first he would have seen out the game. A little disappointed with Mayos who cheered his dismissal. Hope its not the last time we see him... a true great.

A one point win is a narrow margin. It doesn't make one side great and the other useless. However it will build Mayo confidence and determination. Tyrone will have better days . Five hours on I still have a grin as long as the motorway. In other circumstances I'd love the Tipp story to continue ... but not this year. Two weeks to the next installment. Rio can fill the gap.

TabClear

Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 06, 2016, 11:07:52 PM
I thought Rochford and Co got there calls right today to a huge degree. Didn't see Alan Dillon starting and he had a great half, intelligently finding space. Andy continued from last game..won nearly every ball kicked in to him. Harrison continues to grow in the position and Keith was at home. Leave him there. AOS was immense and COC continues to return to form. Parsons added enormously in second half. I was a bit disappointed that we started keep ball towards the end but have been more disappointed in the past when we gave ball away through reckless shooting and lost as a result.

We were sitting among Tyrone crowd and neither ourselves or Tyrone fans were overly happy with Mr Gough and the banter was great. Since I stopped believing that I can fairly judge a ref when Mayo are playing, I guess this means he wasn't too bad ( though I dont know yet why he pulled on Clarke's kick-out). Sean Canavan,( like Connolly in the second game ) can have no complaint about the red card. He, Keegan, Connolly & McHugh picked up soft yellows for off the ball messing. Had he not gotten the first he would have seen out the game. A little disappointed with Mayos who cheered his dismissal. Hope its not the last time we see him... a true great.

A one point win is a narrow margin. It doesn't make one side great and the other useless. However it will build Mayo confidence and determination. Tyrone will have better days . Five hours on I still have a grin as long as the motorway. In other circumstances I'd love the Tipp story to continue ... but not this year. Two weeks to the next installment. Rio can fill the gap.

Good report

under the bar

Tyrone beat themselves by a poor performance, poor shooting options and terrible free taking. Even with 14 men they had several chances to draw even.    If you'd given Mickey Harte a Mayo 13 point total with zero goal chances before the game he'd have taken it without question. 

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2016, 10:57:07 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 06, 2016, 10:42:26 PM

That was how highly I rated Tyrone and hands up I got it wrong. On all known form before the match Mayo had done nothing to suggest they had that performance in them, hence the reason for the re-evaluation. You don't rate Tyrone that highly, that's fine. You also have to factor in the draw, they have a relatively easy semi final team and I've never stated I think they will win the AI, merely get to the final. Clearly the winner of the other semi will be the expected winner but I give Mayo a punchers chance based on 2 close fought replay defeats against either county in the last 2 years. I do believe Dublin are over hyped and have seen enough to think they are far from the shoe ins that people think. Just my opinion.

It was only an ok performance. Patchy like they have been all year. Both teams done nothing to suggest they can beat the 800 pound gorilla the whole year.

JoG2

Quote from: under the bar on August 06, 2016, 11:15:55 PM
Tyrone beat themselves by a poor performance, poor shooting options and terrible free taking. Even with 14 men they had several chances to draw even.    If you'd given Mickey Harte a Mayo 13 point total with zero goal chances before the game he'd have taken it without question.

Dear jesus

king of leon

Can someone explain why Sean Cavanagh doesn't hit the longer distance frees for Tyrone? A 50% conversion rate would have won the game for Tyrone.  Morgan shouldon't be anywhere near the frees,he's far too over confident in my opinion

sam03/05

Tyrone had enough chances to win two games.
Missed 17 scoring chances over the game which is shocking.

A lot of celebration from Mayo - but they looked a poor enough team.
They will probably get to the final but it will be the same old story again im afraid
A team that can take their chances (Dublin/Kerry)- will beat them by 5/6 points.

SkillfulBill

Firstly congratulations to Mayo. It was a poor enough game and I felt Mayo found it easier to get their scores. Tyrone are missing a free taker and at least 2 top quality forwards. I would really fear for what Mayo have ahead of them when they most likely will face the Dubs in September could get a real hammering. I am almost happy enough that Tyrone won't be facing them. Any way best of luck to Mayo.

longballin

Quote from: jp2020 on August 06, 2016, 08:53:09 PM
Quote from: Disillusioned on August 06, 2016, 08:32:10 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/its-a-shame-that-hed-be-a-victim-to-someone-else-enticing-him-like-that-mickey-harte-on-sean-cavanagh-red-card-34944332.html
Cringe!! Sean has mastered getting cards for other players by whatever means and we've never complained, sometimes what goes around comes around. In the past few years he has started to get involved in things he shouldn't, even in club games Mickey should know that there are players in the current team and in past teams that have targetted big players on other teams and he hasnt condemned them!
Mickey really should do whats right and congratulate the winning team, this just stinks of sour grapes!
Typical begrudgery... McNamee spent whole match goading Moran and O'Shea. Swings and roundabouts

intoDwest

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 06, 2016, 11:39:03 PM
Tyrone had enough chances to win two games.
Missed 17 scoring chances over the game which is shocking.

A lot of celebration from Mayo - but they looked a poor enough team.
They will probably get to the final but it will be the same old story again im afraid
A team that can take their chances (Dublin/Kerry)- will beat them by 5/6 points.

Would you have felt that way if Tyrone won by a point? A load of lemons