American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Raiders selected for this year's Hard Knocks - should be some craic.

Hound

Quote from: Ball Hopper on June 11, 2019, 07:58:30 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 11, 2019, 04:42:45 AM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on June 11, 2019, 04:40:03 AM
Warriors win in Toronto...trail 3-2 with game 6 in Oakland on Thursday.

Wasn't pretty but they managed to get over the line. KD limping out on crutches and Looney injured again. Backs to wall for game 6. They will need the last game at Oracle to inspire them

Opinion is that if Steph Curry and Klay get 60 between them the Warriors have a chance.

Hard to see them doing it twice in a row though.
Thought Toronto really threw that match away. It was a game they should have won comfortably. Might be tough to recover from.

Gmac

Anyone watching Stanley cup game 7 ? Exciting stuff

dec

Quote from: Gmac on June 13, 2019, 01:46:13 AM

St Louis Blues are the oldest NHL team without a Stanley cup win. Up 2-0 at the moment.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: dec on June 13, 2019, 03:07:49 AM

St Louis Blues are the oldest NHL team without a Stanley cup win. Up 2-0 at the moment.

Blues win game 7 on a 4-1 scoreline.  Hard to believe they were dead last on 3 January...some run since then.

Gmac

Quote from: Ball Hopper on June 13, 2019, 03:57:22 AM

Blues win game 7 on a 4-1 scoreline.  Hard to believe they were dead last on 3 January...some run since then.
players must be shattered playoffs started early April they are some tough men

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Gmac on June 13, 2019, 04:40:25 AM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on June 13, 2019, 03:57:22 AM

players must be shattered playoffs started early April they are some tough men

Playoff NHL hockey is about as intense as sports can get.  Every team seems to have a chance - getting the hot goalie from April on is one of the main keys to success.

Ball Hopper

Toronto Raptors win the NBA title in Game 6. 

Warriors lost Klay Thompson to a knee injury early in the third quarter - he had 30 points when he left.  Coupled with the unavailable Durant, it was just too much to overcome.

Kawhi Leonard immense for Toronto.

screenexile

Quote from: Ball Hopper on June 14, 2019, 04:52:38 AM
Toronto Raptors win the NBA title in Game 6. 

Warriors lost Klay Thompson to a knee injury early in the third quarter - he had 30 points when he left.  Coupled with the unavailable Durant, it was just too much to overcome.

Kawhi Leonard immense for Toronto.

Great to see!!! The City has been crying out for a proper Championship win since the 90s (MLS/Grey Cup doesn't really count does it?) hard to believe it's come in basketball.

gallsman

Huge achievement for the raptors and absolute vindication for Kawhi aggers what happened last year in San Antonio. He gambled on himself and is going to win big, either in Toronto or anywhere else. Be interesting to see if he'll consider staying.

Klay tore his ACL. With KD likely to leave and Klay out, I wonder if they'll consider blowing things up. Five straight finals, three wins and a 73 win season will ensure they go down as one of the best teams of all time. Could still be plenty of line in them though and if KD stays, they'll start next year as deserved favourites once again.

Kyrie has opted out and looks like he's on his way to Brooklyn. The man is a cancer.

SLIGONIAN

I felt the Warriors would of won that if Klay didn't get injured. Its such a pity as GSW fan. A fair few Toronto fans led by Drake are horrible, cheering when KD got inj, abusing steph currys parents, attacking GSW fans outside their ground, watching the game in Vancouver I got a bit of shit from them.

The playoffs in previous years the Warriors have benefited from injuries of opp team stars, so cant begrudge them, but for me no way they win if we had KD and  Klay fit, even looney is not fully fit. I actually feel if we won last night we would of won it out with Klay fit.

Lowry gave them a great start last night and VVF finished strongly. Proud of the Warriors and how they kept fighting despite how many blows we took.

This summer will be interesting - do we resign KD and klay on maxs even though both have serious injuries, we might not see KD next yr and Klay will be 8 months away, there saying allstar weekend, do we resign Cousins.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: gallsman on June 14, 2019, 03:03:40 PM
Huge achievement for the raptors and absolute vindication for Kawhi aggers what happened last year in San Antonio. He gambled on himself and is going to win big, either in Toronto or anywhere else. Be interesting to see if he'll consider staying.

Klay tore his ACL. With KD likely to leave and Klay out, I wonder if they'll consider blowing things up. Five straight finals, three wins and a 73 win season will ensure they go down as one of the best teams of all time. Could still be plenty of line in them though and if KD stays, they'll start next year as deserved favourites once again.

Kyrie has opted out and looks like he's on his way to Brooklyn. The man is a cancer.

Durant expected to miss all of next season.

Muck Savage

I've followed the warriors since I moved to the Bay Area for the past 19 years. The last 7 years has been great watching them and I don't believe this is over yet. This playoffs has been very hard to watch with all the injuries but they showed great courage, I honestly thought they should have gone for a layup with Iggy last night in the final play as Curry was triple covered, but he got a good look.

KD will most likely take the option, and will be back before the end of next season. Klay will also sign again, and will be back in Jan. The big question is can they get enough wins in the first half of next season. If they can and sneak into the playoffs as 6-8 seed then they will be very hard to beat. Lakers are already favorites for next year with the Dubs 6th favorites. Will be very open whatever happens.

gallsman

Lakers favourites? What do the bookies know about who they're getting that we don't? Kawhi? PG13?

Boycey

Bucks and Raptors both shorter prices than Lakers..

I'd be surprised if Kawhi went to Lakers, he'd hardly want to play 2nd fiddle to Le Bron?