Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

LeoMc

Jim Bob

Peter Donnelly away to Monaghan and Sean Cavanagh not happy. Check his tweet

RedHand88

What a colossal c**k up by Tyrone county board letting one of the best coaches in the county join a neighbouring competitor.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 31, 2019, 12:19:18 PM
What a colossal c**k up by Tyrone county board letting one of the best coaches in the county join a neighbouring competitor.

Donnelly a mercenary. That's three Ulster Counties now in a short career.....

Maybe they were just sick of his demands for £

trailer

This is not a dig at Donnelly who I am sure is excellent and will be missed etc, etc. But is there a more bullshit job than S&C coach? Lift those weights a few times. Jump up on that box. Run over there. Some amount of frauds at that job. A four week course and you're a personal trainer. f**k me the country is full of PTs and gyms.

No wonder Cavanagh isn't happy. Him and Donnelly are big mates. Donnelly I think was his groomsman. So Sean not really being objective.

Dire Ear

tyrone08

While it is a loss for tyrone I do wonder if it was money related or if he was unhappy with the set up. For the last 2 years there was rumours about him leaving and he seemed to have gotten more money each year to stay. It would seem hes money on the mind.  3rd team in what 5/6 years isn't a good sign.

The bigger lost in my mind is o'Neill as one of the best forwards ever to grace the game. While a s&c coach is vital there is only so much they can do. Wonder if this will bite Donnelly in the ass in the long run.

trailer

Will it ever end

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 31, 2019, 05:23:44 PM

What would Peter command - £30k a year? + a number of other freelance roles he would assist in other clubs around the country.

I wouldn't have thought he'd be commanding very much more than that in his role within Ulster as he isn't the lead S+C coach within Ulster rugby which is a professional concern.

GlenMan

Quote from: Will it ever end on August 31, 2019, 09:39:58 PM

What would Peter command - £30k a year? + a number of other freelance roles he would assist in other clubs around the country.

I wouldn't have thought he'd be commanding very much more than that in his role within Ulster as he isn't the lead S+C coach within Ulster rugby which is a professional concern.

He was on close to £40,000 this year with Tyrone alone. After a near £10,000 increase from the previous year. Can't keep throwing money at people.

Will it ever end

Quote from: GlenMan on August 31, 2019, 09:48:51 PM

He was on close to £40,000 this year with Tyrone alone. After a near £10,000 from the previous year. Can't keep throwing money at people.

That's surprising - I'd have thought the role in Ulster wouldn't be at that level & I suppose it is a case where do you stop with that - I'd imagine he'll have been one of the best paid S&C coaches in GAA.

Jim Bob

Quote from: GlenMan on August 31, 2019, 09:48:51 PM

He was on close to £40,000 this year with Tyrone alone. After a near £10,000 increase from the previous year. Can't keep throwing money at people.

The fella was working day and night so deserved a salary to reflect that. I ve no idea what he was on though.

In hiding

Holy sh1t, Donnelly is a mercenary!!
Some people are clueless. Maybe he should do his job for free. Maybe he shouldn't try to get as much as possible for his family. Some lads on here are incredible. Should mickey do his job for free

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on August 31, 2019, 07:32:58 PM
This is not a dig at Donnelly who I am sure is excellent and will be missed etc, etc. But is there a more bullshit job than S&C coach? Lift those weights a few times. Jump up on that box. Run over there. Some amount of frauds at that job. A four week course and you're a personal trainer. f**k me the country is full of PTs and gyms.

No wonder Cavanagh isn't happy. Him and Donnelly are big mates. Donnelly I think was his groomsman. So Sean not really being objective.

When you look at Tyrone/Donegal/Dublin doing the parade against smaller counties just compare the physique of the two sets of players.