renovations to house, whats best?

Started by milltown row, March 25, 2009, 07:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: take_yer_points on March 10, 2010, 12:50:15 PM
Thanks for the help lads - looks like I have another bit of work to do before I can get doing anything.

Illdecide, I'd have to try and find the plans. There is a wall above it though - I know that much. I am friendly with an architect a few doors down so might have a word with him and see if he'll come in and have a look.

You'd def need to get someone to look at it for ya, is the wall stud, lightweight block or standard 7.5k/n block? Go and see that Architect guy he'd be well up to scratch and will advise you what to do...try and get some free info ;) and remember what i told ya when dealing with contractors..."keep your cash till your happy with the job, no matter what they ask you for"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

take_yer_points

Quote from: illdecide on March 10, 2010, 02:18:21 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on March 10, 2010, 12:50:15 PM
Thanks for the help lads - looks like I have another bit of work to do before I can get doing anything.

Illdecide, I'd have to try and find the plans. There is a wall above it though - I know that much. I am friendly with an architect a few doors down so might have a word with him and see if he'll come in and have a look.

You'd def need to get someone to look at it for ya, is the wall stud, lightweight block or standard 7.5k/n block? Go and see that Architect guy he'd be well up to scratch and will advise you what to do...try and get some free info ;) and remember what i told ya when dealing with contractors..."keep your cash till your happy with the job, no matter what they ask you for"

Cheers illdecide - I'll give him a shout some evening this week and see what the story is. I'll let you know how I get on sure. And won't part with a penny til the job's done - I promise! ;)

Ulick

Quote from: illdecide on March 10, 2010, 02:18:21 PM
"keep your cash till your happy with the job, no matter what they ask you for"

Take it from someone who has learned the hard way, that's the best advice you'll ever get.