glastonbury

Started by bcarrier, June 27, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I loved The Cure growing up, didn't do the eye liner stuff but certainly loved their songs , but not convinced tonight.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Over the Bar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2019, 10:49:12 PM
I loved The Cure growing up, didn't do the eye liner stuff but certainly loved their songs , but not convinced tonight.

??

Jeez I think they're superb!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 30, 2019, 11:10:38 PM

??

I'd watched couple more there, was a bit better. I'd few family down in Malahide couple weeks ago and they loved it, just was expecting more. That's just me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Christine and the Queens now, '80s mor pop with well rehearsed theatrical gyrations in sync.
I'm off to You Tube.

ONeill

WTF. That was brilliant.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

charlieTully

Quote from: Main Street on June 30, 2019, 10:17:42 PM
Sunday's line up on all stages is weak. Is this year's Glastonbury  the poorest of them all?  Headline act of the whole festival are The Cure? as Gary Moore said, I knew it was time to quit that (Metalish music) when I was asked to put make-up on. The last headline act I thought fitted the occasion were the Foo Fighters.

The cure sold out marley park in 5 mins. Stick to Nathan Carter man

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2019, 11:30:59 PM

??

I'd watched couple more there, was a bit better. I'd few family down in Malahide couple weeks ago and they loved it, just was expecting more. That's just me

Are you suffering hearing loss? The Cure were brilliant.
#newbridgeornowhere

oakleaflad

Watched a brave bit of it.

Killers were fairly good.
Janet Jackson utter tripe.
Kylie was awful. Only Janet was worse.
Miley Cyrus couldn't decide whether she wanted to be some sort of Rock tribute act or act the slut (pitty as she can actually sing a bit) but the crowd seemed to love it.
Liam Gallagher wasn't technically great but got the crowd going
Same for Lewis Capaldi, George Ezra, Gerry Cinnamon and The Courteeners.
Stormzy got the crowd going too, decent for the couple songs I knew, boring enough for the ones I didn't (I didn't watch/listen to it all but production seemed huge).
Foals and Two Door Cinema Club - only seen a couple songs and seemed average enough.
Sigrid was very good.
Babymetal, the Japanese kawaii metal band, were a bit mad. Their songs sounded like the background music of an arcade games boss level. Crowd seemed to enjoy it though.
Jeff Goldblum interacted with the crowd well but I couldn't tell you if he's any use on the piano having watched a few songs. Not big into Jazz but it seemed ok.
Enjoyed the clip of your young lad up on stage singing the Tiago Silva song (no idea on Artist or song or anything but was just enjoyable to see)
Actually haven't seen The Cure yet but am going to watch it back.
I know I seen a bit of others but can't remember off the top of my head.

Without having seen The Cure yet i'd say it was a weak enough year, Sigrid or The Killers probably my favorite performance although I enjoyed the crowd at Gerry Cinnamon.

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 30, 2019, 10:35:29 PM
Robert Smith sounds f**king amazing. They are a perfect Sunday night closer.

MS agree about The Foo Fighters.

Bit partial to the Foo Fighters so wouldn't disagree.

Though the Killers were goodish and the bit at the end with the Pet Shop Boys and Johnny Maher in particular was a nice touch.

Not a Cure fan but at least Smiths voice seems to have held up better than most of the 80's singers doing the rounds yet again.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnnycool on July 01, 2019, 10:26:42 AM

Though the Killers were goodish and the bit at the end with the Pet Shop Boys and Johnny Maher in particular was a nice touch.

Not a Cure fan but at least Smiths voice seems to have held up better than most of the 80's singers doing the rounds yet again.
Did he break any sticks?  ;D

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 01, 2019, 10:32:53 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 01, 2019, 10:26:42 AM

Did he break any sticks?  ;D

Sure they just anglicised his name anyway the hoors.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 01, 2019, 09:37:27 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2019, 11:30:59 PM

??

Are you suffering hearing loss? The Cure were brilliant.

I had all their albums when they came out (well my brother had them all) I just couldn't get into it last night, copious amounts of alcohol from watching the hurling and having friends round didn't help my hearing!

michaelg

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 01, 2019, 10:07:24 AM

Miley Cyrus couldn't decide whether she wanted to be some sort of Rock tribute act or act the slut (pitty as she can actually sing a bit) but the crowd seemed to love it.
Stormzy got the crowd going too, decent for the couple songs I knew, boring enough for the ones I didn't (I didn't watch/listen to it all but production seemed huge).
Foals and Two Door Cinema Club - only seen a couple songs and seemed average enough.
Sigrid was very good.
Babymetal, the Japanese kawaii metal band, were a bit mad. Their songs sounded like the background music of an arcade games boss level. Crowd seemed to enjoy it though.
Jeff Goldblum interacted with the crowd well but I couldn't tell you if he's any use on the piano having watched a few songs. Not big into Jazz but it seemed ok.
Enjoyed the clip of your young lad up on stage singing the Tiago Silva song (no idea on Artist or song or anything but was just enjoyable to see)

Without having seen The Cure yet i'd say it was a weak enough year, Sigrid or The Killers probably my favorite performance although I enjoyed the crowd at Gerry Cinnamon.
Did you see Maggie Rogers?

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: michaelg on July 01, 2019, 06:39:28 PM

Sigrid was very good.

She was really good supporting Mumford and Sons last year in the Odyssey

michaelg

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on July 01, 2019, 08:10:34 PM
Quote from: michaelg on July 01, 2019, 06:39:28 PM

Sigrid was very good.

She was really good supporting Mumford and Sons last year in the Odyssey
Thought she was excellent.