Contentious march ends peacefully

Started by Square Ball, June 30, 2007, 10:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GweylTah

Fair enough, I was confusing you with Donagh to be honest - your comments seemed like one of his scripted opinions.

As you say, it could be a tourist draw - though, surprisingly, it already is (big influx of visotors to NI in July as the locals exodus for the works' fortnight), and 'Orangefest' will be an attempt to increase this further.

Not my scene, but if they could somehow make the Orange parades more like the outlandishness that is, for example, the Pride parades, they would be onto something - and, with all those nicely pressed uniforms and colourful bands and banners, why not?

cville

Last one out of the North please turn out the lights.

Donagh

Is there much of a market in this type of tourism? Can't see too many people being interested in catching a plane to Belfast in order to watch some hate filled geriatric oddities walking down the bus lane with a sword. Still it could have some value for social science or psychology students.

Orangeman keeps dignified pose on the Ormeau Rd, days after unionist paramilitaries murder five people at the same spot.

Orior

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 02, 2007, 05:08:02 PM
Orior are you for real???
The Orange Order has done a lot for tourism, but not in N. Ireland. The mass exodus every year around this time is great news for The Costas, or Greece or where ever people go to get away from the madness.

I mean it could be a draw for tourism
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Square Ball

Quote from: GweylTah on July 02, 2007, 01:54:18 PM

Not my scene, but if they could somehow make the Orange parades more like the outlandishness that is, for example, the Pride parades, they would be onto something - and, with all those nicely pressed uniforms and colourful bands and banners, why not?

the Pink Order, just imagine the Grand Master standing in the field wearing stockings and suspenders, now that would be a tourist attraction!!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid