Computer error message Help

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 30, 2007, 04:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

I bought the new hurling management game today but when i try to install it on my laptop i keep getting this message

F:\Install
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Anyone any ideas?
It's says on the box that one of the System Requirements for the game is Windows XP.
I have Windows Vista on my laptop could this be the problem?
Any advice or help would be great
Thanks
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Thanks Ziggy
They recommend cleaning the disc etc,But it's brand new and the first time i've used it,I have a feeling it's because of the Vista,Is there anyway to put XP on your computer but keep Vista?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 30, 2007, 04:44:17 PM
Thanks Ziggy
They recommend cleaning the disc etc,But it's brand new and the first time i've used it,I have a feeling it's because of the Vista,Is there anyway to put XP on your computer but keep Vista?

Too late now. If you still have the disks for Vista and XP, you could format your HD and partition the disc. (I don't normally recommend partition ;))

Put Vista on one partition and XP on the other.

Alternative, you could take the HD out of your old PC (which has XP) and connect it to the laptop as an external HD and run the game off it.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

I might be a Electrician but thats all gobblygook to me.. :-\  Where would i find the HD on my old PC and how would i connect it to my new laptop?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

HD is your Hard Disk.

May look like this ;)

Well it's Graveyard Sunday in Greencastle tonight, so I better go.

Yes yes, I know... it's Saturday. We like to do things differently here ;)
Testing Accessibility

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 30, 2007, 04:37:20 PM
I bought the new hurling management game today but when i try to install it on my laptop i keep getting this message

Anyone any ideas?
It's says on the box that one of the System Requirements for the game is Windows XP.
I have Windows Vista on my laptop could this be the problem?
Any advice or help would be great
Thanks
Is the F you cd rom drive? Could be the cd is fubar
Also try run the cd under XP mode on vista
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

muppet

QuoteI bought the new hurling management game today but when i try to install it on my laptop i keep getting this message

Anyone any ideas?

It's because you have set Laois as your location and is not compatible with the hurling game/football/handball etc. Try this: Buffalo's ludo
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on June 30, 2007, 08:14:10 PM
Calm down ziggy. Sounds like the CD is banjaxed.

Er..... yeah, Mac Eoghain's right. Check the CD first.....  :D
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Quote from: Square Ball on June 30, 2007, 10:16:08 PM
have a butchers here

http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cyclic-redundancy.html

Er....... Square Ball, don't you read any of the posts? Check out the first reply ;)  :D
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

apologies Ziggy, lack of beer getting to me, me thinks its time to go to the pub and annoy the feck outta someone.

ziggysego

Quote from: Square Ball on June 30, 2007, 10:36:10 PM
apologies Ziggy, lack of beer getting to me, me thinks its time to go to the pub and annoy the feck outta someone.

I'm with you. I'm having a tee-total weekend to myself............... I'm regretting that decision now.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

just got another bottle of beer handed to me, then away we go and discuss revolution and all that drunken bull

Donagh

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 30, 2007, 04:57:42 PM
I might be a Electrician but thats all gobblygook to me.. :-\ 

Put the disc in the freezer overnight, take it out in the morning and install her before it defrosts.  :)