Protestant United Irish Men oppose British Royal Visit to Dublin

Started by T Fearon, June 29, 2007, 03:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/letters/article2721138.ece

John Robb is an eminent surgeon from the protestant community in the 6 counties who has devoted his life to the cause of a New United Ireland. To my mind he is ten times a better Irishman than gutless toadies like Ahern,Kenny, Mc Didntdowell, Rabbitte etc,and numerous others in Kildare Street, Dublin, will ever be >:(

Donagh

Ach Tone, I thought you were going to start a thread on Edward Fitzgerald, Neilson, Russell or McCracken.  :(

upthedubs

as a citizen of the republic i would welcome her. it would be nice to show that we have moved on from the past. i see no reason why she should not visit.

T Fearon

Donagh, I am only interested in contemporary stuff. ;D

However John Robb is on a par with any of the aforementioned. He never ceases to promote the cause. I remember when my brother as a young Medical Student in the early 80s, trained for a while at the Route Hospital. John Robb gave him and his fellow students a book on his vision for a New Ireland free from British interference etc. Although my brother was about the most apolitical person you could have met,it speaks volumes for Robb's enthusiasm and tireless promotion of his cherished ideals

T Fearon

Fishhead, if any of your so called Irishmen had been half as proactive in their pursuit of a United Ireland as John Robb has been all his life (in spite of leading a busy professional life as a Surgeon as well) then they would earn commendation from me. As Sinn Fein used to say of Charles Haughey, they are big on verbal republicanism but short on action.

Sadly we are all too aware up here in the North that those in the 26 counties worship money, wealth and status way ahead of their national geographical and political territory. They are content to allow the involvement of a vile alien and corrupt foreign power, responsible for the deaths of thousadns of innocents in Iraq (not too mention Ireland over centuries)  to have control over part of their national territory without so much as a whimper.

ziggysego

I don't have a problem with Lizzy visiting the south. By all means visit.

Why not conside it with the Love Ulster parade? What would be better than them useless tossers protesting about what a dark house the South is for protestant, whilst on the same day the British Queen receives a warm welcome. :)
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Ziggy for the offence this visit would give to true Republicans (in other words all true Irishmen and women) as articulated so well in this letter, allied to the sectarian nature of the English Throne, a visit to Dublin should be totally out of the question, far less welcomed, in my opinion

ziggysego

I understand your views and respect them Tony. I have no love for the British Queen and if and when she does come to Ireland, I won't be one of the ones that comes out to see her. She came to Omagh and I was nowhere to be seen that day. I have no respect for the monarchy and all its represents. In that sense, you can tell me a Republican. In fact, I believe SammyG is a Republican too ;)

That all said and done, I believe that we as a nation should be looking forward and not back to past hurts and pains. We can all laugh at Love Ulster and their pathetic attempts to stirr up trouble with their parading in Dublin. We all laughed at RSF's protests at Croke Park when England came to play Ireland and left with their tails between their legs. We all laughed, particularly, at the fool in the Celtic top! ;)

So I say, when the Love Ulster parade comes to Dublin to "highlight" how intolerant a Catholic country is to its Protestant citizens and neighbours, else invite the British Queen over for tea in Phoenix Park and a tour of the Dail. That would piss off Willie "Can't get elected" Frazier more that anything.

I just won't be there.
Testing Accessibility

Rossfan

Quote from: ziggysego on June 29, 2007, 07:23:53 PM

I just won't be there.

Neither will I.
I will go about my normal business and totally ignore that type of nonsense.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stew

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 29, 2007, 10:31:47 PM
T.FERON despite your lack of knoweledge of the Southern mind, we are obviouly fearfull of a similar disaster put on West Germany by having to accomodate East Germany, we are ALL REPUBLICANS, but your defination SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF US, we donn't want a right wing Catholic Regeime, or a left wing Communist Republic, we want our Country, to be honest if you want to join we REFUSE TO CHANGE, all you Republicans camn down, all you Unionists cop the f**k on.

Why should we change, we have a great fucken Country. You all become like us or Im not interested.This is MY COUNTRY, & I AM PROUD OF IT.

You all become like us????? You talk about Bush, Jews and Muslims and them you claim you want us all to be like you??? what does that even mean? can I take it you and Kerry MIke or AZ etc are all feckin clones.

Let me tell you someting fishstick sam, you are scary and I for one want no part of anything you are associated with after that tirade, that was quite possibly the worst post ever on this board.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Donagh

What have you got in your hand?
                  A green bough.
           Where did it first grow?
                   In America.
            Where did it bud?
                   In France.
           Where are you going to plant it?
              In the crown of Great Britain.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

T Fearon

Fishead Sam you are truly a p***k. If you think an eminent surgeon like John Robb's view of Republicanism equates to anything remotely like Sinn Fein's then you truly are a twat of the first degree.

The British monarchy is the epitome of class privilege and sectariansim  and therefore should offend all true Republicans, Irish, or otherwise.

Tankie

Quote from: T Fearon on June 29, 2007, 05:07:11 PM

Sadly we are all too aware up here in the North that those in the 26 counties worship money, wealth and status way ahead of their national geographical and political territory. They are content to allow the involvement of a vile alien and corrupt foreign power, responsible for the deaths of thousadns of innocents in Iraq (not too mention Ireland over centuries)  to have control over part of their national territory without so much as a whimper.

Thats a bit of a bullshit statment, are u saying you lads up there would give up your cash and live in a dump just so you can have a united Ireland? 
Grand Slam Saturday!

magickingdom

any particular reason you had to bring his religion into it tony? i've always liked john robb but i think he called it wrong on this issue..

pintsofguinness

Fishhead sam, what sort of ranting is that?
Are you right in the head?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?