LIDL, making a political point? whats the story?

Started by lawnseed, June 13, 2013, 07:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: lawnseed on November 02, 2013, 08:21:25 AM
Quote from: ziggy90 on November 02, 2013, 08:03:45 AM
Mrs lawnseed looks that department

Who are you trying to kid??? ;) Right, heading off to Aldi now :).
[/quote
Are aldi in the 6 already? I honesty wouldnt have a clue. Dont think ive saw any

I don't know if Aldi are in the 6 or not, I'm only blackguarding.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

lawnseed

Quote from: armaghniac on November 02, 2013, 01:06:51 PM
Aldi is not in the North. There is good value there on the basic shopping items and they keep the others honest. In the 26, Tesco an Dunnes have all these vouchers back and so on to try and stay competitive. Someone paying attention could reduce their bill by 10-20% easily enough.
If i"d been shopping in tesco or dunned and suddenly they started getting Cheaper I dont think i'd be impressed when theyve been crying poverty. What about biffo "get them f**kers in here" it didnt make much difference to them but once the gerrys arrived they had to drop
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on November 02, 2013, 03:06:54 PM
Aldi is not in the North. There is good value there on the basic shopping items and they keep the others honest. In the 26, Tesco an Dunnes have all these vouchers back and so on to try and stay competitive. Someone paying attention could reduce their bill by 10-20% easily enough.
If i"d been shopping in tesco or dunned and suddenly they started getting Cheaper I dont think i'd be impressed when theyve been crying poverty. What about biffo "get them f**kers in here" it didnt make much difference to them but once the gerrys arrived they had to drop
Tesco were crying poverty? When?

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 02, 2013, 03:08:32 PM
When the leader of the country asked them to explain the gap in prices between 6 and 26. They told him it was his fault. Now they are cutting simply because the market can no longer sustain their rip off ways

armaghniac

Tesco were coining it for years. But like those who are now shopping in Aldi, when push comes to shove it is possible to save quite a bit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

Tesco must be on the back foot.. they even mention lidl and aldi now in their tv ads on rte... good

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on November 02, 2013, 04:19:10 PM
When the leader of the country asked them to explain the gap in prices between 6 and 26. They told him it was his fault. Now they are cutting simply because the market can no longer sustain their rip off ways
Capitalism, eh? Who'd have thought it?!

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 05, 2013, 07:05:51 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on November 02, 2013, 04:19:10 PM
Capitalism, eh? Who'd have thought it?!
more like opportunism