Nell Mc Cafferty on Mary Harney

Started by boojangles, March 12, 2010, 11:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

brokencrossbar1

"I dreamt of Nell McCafferty and Mary Harney (sic) too
The things that we got up to, but I'm not tellin' you.
I dreamt I was in a jacuzzi along with Alice Glenn
'twas then I knew I'd never ever, ever drink again."

orangeman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 12, 2010, 04:17:22 PM
"I dreamt of Nell McCafferty and Mary Harney (sic) too
The things that we got up to, but I'm not tellin' you.
I dreamt I was in a jacuzzi along with Alice Glenn
'twas then I knew I'd never ever, ever drink again."

Ah good bye to the ___________ and ________,
The ________ and the _________

Fill in the blanks as you see fit - has to be topical and must involve Nell.   ;)

The Subbie

I'd rather keep me thoughts nell and harney free thanks all the same  ;)

turk

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2010, 01:10:54 PM
Nell McCaffery is in my opinion one of the most odious pieces of work I've ever been exposed to. Her amazement at the committment of club players during her stint as a "Celebrity" Bainisteoir shows clearly how removed from reality this person is. I cannot understand why she is interviewed on radio/tv or any media. What has she done? What is she famous for?

I cannot stand Mary Harney either and it typical fashion it appears her lawyers were on the case if the grovelling apology aired this morning is anything to go by. Like Donal Óg's big revelation this is common knowlegde though there are amazingly a few around who haven't heard it.

Agree 100% Seanie I could never understand why any of us are exposed to gussetmouth McCafferty. And why goons in our media chuckle their approval to her deranged rantings. How disgusting

Hardy

Gussetmouth. Word of the month. Good man Turk.

And I agree.

mylestheslasher

Nell's last showing on the late late was embarassing, it was about 6 months ago. I believe is was a debate on politics of some sort and she went off on rant and showed she hadn't a clue of southern politics (or maybe any politics).

Main Street

Nell sounds as if she is on the wrong kind of medication and taking too much of it.
Was she even aware the mike was on air?

What's the story here, Nell or the drunken politican?
Are standards so low with the government that a state minister's alcoholism is not a story.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: turk on March 12, 2010, 07:49:17 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2010, 01:10:54 PM
Nell McCaffery is in my opinion one of the most odious pieces of work I've ever been exposed to. Her amazement at the committment of club players during her stint as a "Celebrity" Bainisteoir shows clearly how removed from reality this person is. I cannot understand why she is interviewed on radio/tv or any media. What has she done? What is she famous for?

I cannot stand Mary Harney either and it typical fashion it appears her lawyers were on the case if the grovelling apology aired this morning is anything to go by. Like Donal Óg's big revelation this is common knowlegde though there are amazingly a few around who haven't heard it.

Agree 100% Seanie I could never understand why any of us are exposed to gussetmouth McCafferty. And why goons in our media chuckle their approval to her deranged rantings. How disgusting

+1
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

longrunsthefox

She posed naked a few years ago for a painting and it was shown on the Late Late Show. There was no warning and I threw up all over Mrs Fox. It was like seeing your granny with her kit off   :'(   

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 12, 2010, 10:30:48 PM
She posed naked a few years ago for a painting and it was shown on the Late Late Show. There was no warning and I threw up all over Mrs Fox. It was like seeing your granny with her kit off    :'(

You could report her for that LRTF

longrunsthefox

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 12, 2010, 10:31:48 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 12, 2010, 10:30:48 PM
She posed naked a few years ago for a painting and it was shown on the Late Late Show. There was no warning and I threw up all over Mrs Fox. It was like seeing your granny with her kit off    :'(

You could report her for that LRTF

Figure of speech there... I never actually saw my Granny with her kit off...  :o

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 12, 2010, 03:35:56 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on March 12, 2010, 03:26:30 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 12, 2010, 03:16:26 PM
Quote from: boojangles on March 12, 2010, 11:18:23 AM
When being interviewed by Tom Dunne yesterday on Newstalk she came out with the worst kept secret in Ireland. Mary Harney is supposedly an alcoholic. Im looking for it on youtube but can't find it.

Is that not like calling the Pot Kettle Black, remember seeing Nell stumble around Dublin a few times, the state of her.

Yeah but Nell was just looking for some stray minge and not in charge of a government department  ;D

Fcuk sake Geoff thats the computer screen destroyed with coffee!!

Aren't we all   :D

Questionable  :P

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 12, 2010, 01:31:23 PM
Nell is famous for buying a few rubber johnnies in the early 70s and smaggling them Dine Site on the Condom train. And being shacked up with Nuala O'Faoilean.

That's about it. She's good for a quote but she not only crossed the line yesterday she left the feckin pitch and stadium.

Mary Harney should never have been reappointed by Biffo - he should have cleared her out of it. She was an effective minister in her time.....but that was well over 5 years ago.  If she has a drink problem she should be given time and space to deal with it privately - not as a cabinet minister in the most difficult times the country has seen since the dark auld days of the 80s

Shamrock Shore you hit the nail on the head.
Not the first politician to have a drink problem, remember the bould Boris Yeltsin, leader of one of the worlds powerhouses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-z9wfueMAw

Classic stuff.
Tbc....

Main Street

If drink is a problem for a Minister of State then it becomes a problem for the public by a thousand fold.

Time to bring this thread to a head. 
This one is for all who think a Minister can run a country when drunk out of their skull, to send you head first into the nearest bucket, if you are so fortunate to find one so fast.