Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: DCR on July 03, 2009, 09:35:37 AM
Any truth in story going around that 2009 County Minors cannot play Reserve Championship. Heard that Derrylaughan had to concede after they played Ciaran Gervin.

That's definitely something I find hard to fathom-only stipulation barring player from playing in Reserve cship was that he played in the current year's Senior version. Sure you know the way stories spread around these parts

Archie Mitchell

Tyrone defender Cathal McCarron has opted out of the squad, due to a combination of work commitments and injury problems, writes Francis Mooney.

McCarron was one of five Dromore players involved in Mickey Harte's bid to retain the All-Ireland title.

A suspension picked up in a club game ruled him out of the opening round of the Ulster Championship, and a niggling back injury has further hampered his efforts to challenge for a starting place.

"It's a combination of things. He has moved to work in Belfast, and he has had a shoulder injury, and it's really to get over that injury,"�said assistant manager Tony Donnelly.

"He may need an operation, but hopefully he won't. He hasn't got a lot of game time in the last while. It's a temporary thing, and we'll see what happens next year."

Archie Mitchell

Any truth in story going around that 2009 County Minors cannot play Reserve Championship. Heard that Derrylaughan had to concede after they played Ciaran Gervin.

See quote below regarding eligibility to play reserve championship football

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 20, 2009, 10:08:31 PM

In championship football, eligibility to play in reserve championships is deemed not by the list of 12 players each club submits but by participation in the Senior, Intermediate or Junior Championship - once you play in any of those championship games, even as a sub, you are no longer able to play in the corresponding reserve championship that year. You are also not permitted to play in the reserve championship if you are/were a member of the Tyrone senior, under 21 or minor football championship squads, the latter only added this year I believe.

Rocky Mc Guigan

You learn something new every day, Archie

WeeDonns

Quotethe best clubhouse, media viewing gallery and changing rooms in the county bar Omagh

They're impressive alright. No sure you can claim they're 'the best' after the county ground though

LeoMc

" You are also not permitted to play in the reserve championship if you are/were a member of the Tyrone senior, under 21 or minor football championship squads, the latter only added this year I believe."

I can understand this ruling for County Senior and U-21 footballers but not every County minor will have established himself on his club's senior team. A combination of their age (first year with their club senior panel) and the County minor training / first round championship in May clashing with Club championship first rounds means that very few will be playing Club Championship first rounds especially if they are with Senior clubs.

We had a particularly impressive group of minors in the County last year and off hand I can only recall Kyle Coney, Niall McKenna and Peter Harte playing Senior championship.

How many of this years minors played Senior or Intermediate championship football this year?
I am leaving out Junior as a good minor will more easily make the breakthrough there.

orangeman

Heard Rock objected due to this new rule.

blewuporstuffed

your fella from greencastle, warnock , Declan connolly played for augher in the intermediate championship.thats all i can think off so far.
seems abit unfair to include minors in this as reserve football would be a stepping stone for most of them particularly the senior clubs
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

longball

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 03, 2009, 01:17:39 PM
your fella from greencastle, warnock , Declan connolly played for augher in the intermediate championship.thats all i can think off so far.
seems abit unfair to include minors in this as reserve football would be a stepping stone for most of them particularly the senior clubs

I think this ruling was made in reference to the debate about 'player burnout'. It was felt that county minors would have a substancial footballing program and should no be made available for a reserve championship but shall be made available for the clubs senior team as it is understandable that this is the elite team of a club. Personally i think its a loada ba11s but doubt the county board gives a crap about what i think.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

orangeman

Having county minor on board or an under 21 player on board a reserve team would be a major boost to any reserve side.

Under 21s can be over in Match / April - reserve championships don't start till June at least.

Doesn't make sense -  sounds like signing up to a rule just for the sake of it.

longball

Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2009, 03:02:21 PM
Having county minor on board or an under 21 player on board a reserve team would be a major boost to any reserve side.

Under 21s can be over in Match / April - reserve championships don't start till June at least.

They proberly thought that the county minors would do better than they did, thus made the ruling. But due to poor management the county minors exited in the first round, this rule should now be overturned.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Deal_Me_In

Sorry for this shameless plug but... Our clubrooms have been nominated as one of the top 10 projects that have been partly funded through the National lottery schems. We need as many people as possible to vote to make it through to the final. We are teh only nomination from the county or provience and i would ask you all to please vote. Below are some more details:

The Beragh Red Knights Sports Pavilion has been nominated as one of 10 projects to make it through to the Semi Finals of the National Lottery Awards 2009.

We have been recognised in the Best Sports Project category under the title 'Community Sports Pavilion' for the work being done to unite all the community by providing structured activity classes and events throughout the year at the pavilion.

In launching the campaign for support and votes, club Chairman Gerard Treacy said: "We're delighted to have reached this stage of the National Lottery Awards. Lottery funding has helped us to develop and grow, making a real difference to young peoples' lives and we're really hoping the public gets behind us and votes!"

Voting for the semi-finals has started and ends at midday on Friday 10 July.  The three projects in each category with the most number of votes will go through to the finals of the Awards and another round of public voting later in August. We would appreciate if you could follow the below link and register your support for the club.

www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards
Support can also be registered by call in 0844 686 1680. calls will be charged at 5p per min from a BT landline.

This is a great honour for the club and we appreciate all your support. Please encourage everyone you know to register their support to help the club through to the final of these prestigious awards.

orangeman

Quote from: longball on July 03, 2009, 03:05:47 PM

They proberly thought that the county minors would do better than they did, thus made the ruling. But due to poor management the county minors exited in the first round, this rule should now be overturned.

The minors were a pale shodow of the team they had last year and I can't honestly see how / why management can be blamed for their exit.

Maybe I'm wrong but only my opinion.

Rois

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on July 03, 2009, 03:11:37 PM
Sorry for this shameless plug but... Our clubrooms have been nominated as one of the top 10 projects that have been partly funded through the National lottery schems. We need as many people as possible to vote to make it through to the final. We are teh only nomination from the county or provience and i would ask you all to please vote. Below are some more details:

Shameless plug nothing - stick her on the main football thread and ask the country to get behind you. 

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2009, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: longball on July 03, 2009, 03:05:47 PM

The minors were a pale shodow of the team they had last year and I can't honestly see how / why management can be blamed for their exit.

Maybe I'm wrong but only my opinion.

I agree. Last years team were something special. A bit like the 97/98 minor team that came through. The management can't be blamed if the same talent isn't there year after year.