Quote from: Angelo on November 25, 2020, 04:43:13 PM
Quote from: Arielatom on November 25, 2020, 04:33:37 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 25, 2020, 04:20:43 PM
Quote from: Arielatom on November 25, 2020, 04:06:15 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 25, 2020, 03:58:26 PM
Quote from: Arielatom on November 25, 2020, 03:47:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 25, 2020, 03:17:42 PM
Quote from: Arielatom on November 25, 2020, 03:03:52 PM
Move it to PUC, best surface and facilities outside Croker.

The Athletic Grounds or O'Moore Park offer the most appropriate solution.

I wouldn't be adverse to PUC being used as a semi-final venue in future. If the Casement redevelopment is approved it should also be considered in this regard.

Do they have the required facilities?

This was sent to me by a friend from Cork, it is his personal opinion on the facilities.

There must be 4 dressing rooms wherever it's played.

Floodlights. Croke Park has the best floodlights and considering it will be in December depending on the day they may be needed in even a early morning throw in. Not all county grounds even have floodlights.

HawkEye. Don't say it doesn't matter because it does. It was needed in last Saturdays match.

Facilities for TV crews. Like it or not it's easier for TV crews to show a match in CP than anywhere else.

Facilities for journalists/reporters. Again better in CP than elsewhere. An all Ireland semi final will mean probably more than another game. CP can accommodate that.

It also has one of if not the best surfaces in the country. An All Ireland Semi Final should be played on the best surface available.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the mic and communication system for referees is different in Croke Park than it is elsewhere.

Also the fact that the semi-final was down to be played there initially.

Can you honestly say Navan can provide anywhere near the same?

If it has the facilties to play a behind closed doors championship match then it has the facilities to play a behind closed doors Championship match.

Both O'Moore Park and the Atheltic Grounds have done so this year.

The GAA are reticent to level the playing field. Dublin GAA are reticent to level the playing field.

As I said I'd be for PUC. By far the best alternative facility wise. I think you'll find this has nothing to do with Dublin GAA.

Cavan players don't need to be dragged down on a 4/5 hour trip to Cork.

It can and should be held in either O'Moore Park or the Athletic Grounds.

PUC is according to Google maps 3hr 46 min from Cavan Town and 3hr from Dublin City Centre. Not much of a difference for both teams to play in Irelands 2nd best facility. I'm sure both teams could do it if asked.

Cavan is a big county, bound to be well north of 4 hrs + from the likes of Blacklion.

Players have to drive to games now as well. You think sticking them in a car for a 4-5 hour journey before an All Ireland semi final, on roads they would not be familiar with is correct?

For some bizarre reason you seem adamant for it to be played in Cork which I can't figure out at all. Portaloise or Armagh are perfect venues for this game.

Blacklion to Dublin easily doable in less than 2.5 hours. It's not the 70s anymore, roads are decent now...

Arielatom

Quote from: Angelo on November 25, 2020, 04:43:13 PM
Quote from: Arielatom on November 25, 2020, 04:33:37 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 25, 2020, 04:20:43 PM
Quote from: Arielatom on November 25, 2020, 04:06:15 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 25, 2020, 03:58:26 PM
Quote from: Arielatom on November 25, 2020, 03:47:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 25, 2020, 03:17:42 PM
Quote from: Arielatom on November 25, 2020, 03:03:52 PM
Move it to PUC, best surface and facilities outside Croker.

The Athletic Grounds or O'Moore Park offer the most appropriate solution.

I wouldn't be adverse to PUC being used as a semi-final venue in future. If the Casement redevelopment is approved it should also be considered in this regard.

Do they have the required facilities?

This was sent to me by a friend from Cork, it is his personal opinion on the facilities.

There must be 4 dressing rooms wherever it’s played.

Floodlights. Croke Park has the best floodlights and considering it will be in December depending on the day they may be needed in even a early morning throw in. Not all county grounds even have floodlights.

HawkEye. Don’t say it doesn't matter because it does. It was needed in last Saturdays match.

Facilities for TV crews. Like it or not it’s easier for TV crews to show a match in CP than anywhere else.

Facilities for journalists/reporters. Again better in CP than elsewhere. An all Ireland semi final will mean probably more than another game. CP can accommodate that.

It also has one of if not the best surfaces in the country. An All Ireland Semi Final should be played on the best surface available.

I’m not 100% sure on this but I think the mic and communication system for referees is different in Croke Park than it is elsewhere.

Also the fact that the semi-final was down to be played there initially.

Can you honestly say Navan can provide anywhere near the same?

If it has the facilties to play a behind closed doors championship match then it has the facilities to play a behind closed doors Championship match.

Both O'Moore Park and the Atheltic Grounds have done so this year.

The GAA are reticent to level the playing field. Dublin GAA are reticent to level the playing field.

As I said I'd be for PUC. By far the best alternative facility wise. I think you'll find this has nothing to do with Dublin GAA.

Cavan players don't need to be dragged down on a 4/5 hour trip to Cork.

It can and should be held in either O'Moore Park or the Athletic Grounds.

PUC is according to Google maps 3hr 46 min from Cavan Town and 3hr from Dublin City Centre. Not much of a difference for both teams to play in Irelands 2nd best facility. I'm sure both teams could do it if asked.

Cavan is a big county, bound to be well north of 4 hrs + from the likes of Blacklion.

Players have to drive to games now as well. You think sticking them in a car for a 4-5 hour journey before an All Ireland semi final, on roads they would not be familiar with is correct?

For some bizarre reason you seem adamant for it to be played in Cork which I can't figure out at all. Portaloise or Armagh are perfect venues for this game.

Simply because I want the game played at the next best facility/surface. PUC is that. Travelling from North County Dublin would add similar times so no real advantage. That is my reason.

dublin7

For an All Ireland semi final you want the games played in the best facilities available. That would be Croke Park and then Pairc Ui Caoimh or Thurles.

Portlaoise doesn't have floodlights and the surface was cutting up at the end of the hurling a few weeks ago. Both goal mouths are more mud than grass now and that's only going to get worse in the next few weeks.

armaghniac

Quote from: dublin7 on November 25, 2020, 05:38:16 PM
For an All Ireland semi final you want the games played in the best facilities available. That would be Croke Park and then Pairc Ui Caoimh or Thurles.

"Portlaoise doesn't have floodlights" and the surface was cutting up at the end of the hurling a few weeks ago. Both goal mouths are more mud than grass now and that's only going to get worse in the next few weeks.

"Portlaoise doesn't have floodlights"
You need to get out more.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dublin7

Quote from: armaghniac on November 25, 2020, 06:34:26 PM

"Portlaoise doesn't have floodlights" and the surface was cutting up at the end of the hurling a few weeks ago. Both goal mouths are more mud than grass now and that's only going to get worse in the next few weeks.

You're right it's Navan that doesn't have floodlights. Portlaoise is the pitch with the muddy goalmouths.

You'd blike to think it's irrelevant now with the game fixed for Croke Park. Unfortunately though things are never that straight forward here and why let a little thing that get in the way of all the dub bashing.

Itchy

Navan had lights one time. I was there when we bet Meath on a Saturday evening one time.

Is Bugler out of this game? He looked to have tweaked the hammer last day and I assum Costello won't get his red over turned

Crete Boom

Can it not be played in Parnell Park so the Dubs can have home advantage as reigning champs ;)?

Main Street

Quote from: dublin7 on November 25, 2020, 07:38:36 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 25, 2020, 06:34:26 PM

You're right it's Navan that doesn't have floodlights. Portlaoise is the pitch with the muddy goalmouths.

You'd blike to think it's irrelevant now with the game fixed for Croke Park. Unfortunately though things are never that straight forward here and why let a little thing that get in the way of all the dub bashing.
What a wimp!
Just man up, the Dubs are at the top, bashing comes with the territory.

dublin7

Quote from: Crete Boom on November 25, 2020, 08:42:23 PM
Can it not be played in Parnell Park so the Dubs can have home advantage as reigning champs ;)?

Is that not a neutral venue? Croke Park is their home ground according nto most people here

armaghniac

Quote from: dublin7 on November 25, 2020, 09:04:08 PM

Is that not a neutral venue? Croke Park is their home ground according nto most people here

Don't be silly, if Armagh elect to play in Armagh or Crossmaglen then they are still at home.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Croke Park is Dublin's nominated home venue.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyCake

Quote from: Angelo on November 26, 2020, 11:49:34 AM

Could Kildare, Meath or any other county nominate Croke Park as their home venue?

dublin7

Quote from: BennyCake on November 26, 2020, 12:39:05 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 26, 2020, 11:49:34 AM

Could Kildare, Meath or any other county nominate Croke Park as their home venue?

Absolutely. They simply have to request it from Croke Park.

Milltown Row2

Well Mickey has some fuel to use coming into this game, siege mentality and all that.. be interested in knowing how he went about his team talks, considering, bar the Antrim game, they were underdogs he's really managed to find the right formula to beat the teams so far, whos not to say he hasn't got it right going into this game...

Be more concerned that the players will have enough time to get over the hysteria of winning and sort out any niggles, otherwise they will be drained mentally and physically in the last quarter of the game..

As for wanting the game out of Croke, do players really want that? I know supporters of Cavan and the ABD's want 'neutral' grounds but if your county (Tipp in football, Cavan so many years) haven't played there then you are really giving up a rite of passage of all GAA players.

Having managed a team to Croke Park and seeing the players and club members around us, there can be no other feeling for a GAA man/woman
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2020, 01:56:23 PM
Well Mickey has some fuel to use coming into this game, siege mentality and all that.. be interested in knowing how he went about his team talks, considering, bar the Antrim game, they were underdogs he's really managed to find the right formula to beat the teams so far, whos not to say he hasn't got it right going into this game...

Be more concerned that the players will have enough time to get over the hysteria of winning and sort out any niggles, otherwise they will be drained mentally and physically in the last quarter of the game..

As for wanting the game out of Croke, do players really want that? I know supporters of Cavan and the ABD's want 'neutral' grounds but if your county (Tipp in football, Cavan so many years) haven't played there then you are really giving up a rite of passage of all GAA players.

Having managed a team to Croke Park and seeing the players and club members around us, there can be no other feeling for a GAA man/woman

Cavan have played in Croke Park a few times in the last 5/6 years. 2 x Div 2 finals, 1 x Div 3 final and 2 x championship games versus London and Kerry. Although a fair few of the lads wont have, a decent amount will have.

Anyway, I expect we will be down from the high and ready to give Dublin a shot. I think the players will be up for it.