Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotedObserver

Quote from: square_ball on July 02, 2023, 07:33:59 PM
I'm pretty convinced the 2 Canavans will win us an all Ireland at some point in the next few years.

Is there anyone else in the u20s worth a go next year?

Liked the look of Niall Devlin and James donaghy but a big step up. It will be interesting who steps up In The club championship if anyone. Free scoring half backs and half forwards are a must.

referee

I think if Tyrone are serious they go all out to get M O R

tyrone08

Quote from: Jimbop on July 02, 2023, 08:40:43 PM
Ah lads lighten up a bit. He's only having a bit of craic.

It's a bit of Craic to people who haven't sufferer lost ones due to covid. The real irony that the twat missed is that it took a Tyrone man to teach Kerry how to win

WT4E

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 02, 2023, 09:28:27 PM
Quote from: Jimbop on July 02, 2023, 08:40:43 PM
Ah lads lighten up a bit. He's only having a bit of craic.

It's a bit of Craic to people who haven't sufferer lost ones due to covid. The real irony that the twat missed is that it took a Tyrone man to teach Kerry how to win

100% not enough focus on tally sorting kerry out who play football 'the right way'

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: referee on July 02, 2023, 09:20:03 PM
I think if Tyrone are serious they go all out to get M O R
Retweet

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 02, 2023, 08:58:45 PM
Quote from: square_ball on July 02, 2023, 07:33:59 PM
I'm pretty convinced the 2 Canavans will win us an all Ireland at some point in the next few years.

Is there anyone else in the u20s worth a go next year?

Liked the look of Niall Devlin and James donaghy but a big step up. It will be interesting who steps up In The club championship if anyone. Free scoring half backs and half forwards are a must.
ODonnell and Cush. Rafferty be next man but still U20

square_ball

O'Donnell played well when he came on on Saturday. Though he seems the same kind of player we have been producing the middle 8 for year in that Meyler/Harte/McGeary type of mould.

BIGONE

Did Paddy Tally just tell the Kerry lads to leave McGeary and O'Neill free and allow them to have the ball as much as they wanted? No threat? Looked that way from the stand anyway #insideknowledge

Stan

This has been a disastrous 2 years culminating with the performance at the weekend. I can't remember the last time we had 2 wins back to back - or 2 great performances back to back...someone will correct me on this but this is what it feels like.

Average performances follow bad ones and so it goes.

What has happened to McGeary? Why would so many players choose to leave an All-ireland winning team? 

Having 2 Canavans on the team will only benefit Tyrone when the other 13 are playing well - and together as a team. It all looks very disjointed...

2 good men on the management team no doubt about that - they just haven't been able to manage a winning Tyrone effectively for 2 years now.

Need a new set of hands on the wheel - who that might be, Im not sure but there would be any number of men willing to put their name forward - McGuinness, O'Rourke are big non-Tyrone names but there are Tyrone men that would see themselves as fit for purpose that have had success managing teams at other inter county levels...Mickey Donnelly... Other past players too...O'Neill and McGinley...

There are enough quality players in the county currently as well as those coming through that we should be completing better than we did on Saturday...the last 2 years have been poor. Time to shake things up a bit

trailer

Tyrone have to bite the bullet and start giving other players a chance. We will probably lose games as player find their feet. The team needs freshened up. And I don't mean 20 mins as a sub, guys need to start and believe they have a realistic chance of starting in championship. If they don't think they're getting a look in they will walk away. The management seem to think that they have about 18 players and nobody else is worth consideration. Lads need to start and get a run in the team. If you're looking in and seeing the likes of McGeary start after some of the poor performances then you'd lose heart yourself.

We need to find a reliable free taker from 35 yards out. We leave serious scores behind us. McCurry missed one that was right on the edge of his range and obv Morgan has about a 3% conversion rate.
We need 2 half backs. A no.6 for sure.
We will probably need a no.3 as well.

We just have to give lads a run and see where it takes us.

One small consolation was McShane's performance once he came on. Pity we'll not see him again until Jan.

Jerome

Out of interest how many players did Tyrone use in the championship? Must be close to 25?

15 started at the weekend
Oguz
Burns
Kelly
Richie Donnelly
Sludden
Sean O'Donnell
Clake
McShane
Devlin
McGleenan

NotedObserver

Quote from: Jerome on July 03, 2023, 10:13:36 AM
Out of interest how many players did Tyrone use in the championship? Must be close to 25?

15 started at the weekend
Oguz - Can he make the step up? He has got the frame and the pace
Burns
Kelly
Richie Donnelly
Sludden
Sean O'Donnell
Clake - Will he be the new number 3?
McShane
Devlin - This year will have helped him
McGleenan - Has he the legs? If he has what a handful half forward he would be

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: BIGONE on July 03, 2023, 08:58:45 AM
Did Paddy Tally just tell the Kerry lads to leave McGeary and O'Neill free and allow them to have the ball as much as they wanted? No threat? Looked that way from the stand anyway #insideknowledge

O'Neill was effective in 2021 in closing down space. He had 11 on his back but he never appeared in attack and indeed you'd need to be watching carefully to see what he contributed, but he put in a power of work and it was effective. Seeing him running with the ball in advanced positions early on Saturday was probably a sign things were already going wrong, surely that wasn't part of Tyrone's plan. If it was part of Kerry's it worked well, clearly that isn't O'Neill's game.

square_ball

The only player that consistently ran hard at the opposition defence all year was Michael McKernan. We need a few more playing with that kind of attitude.

Kerry were clearly happy for O'Neill to have the ball on Saturday. He wasn't going to hurt them at all. In saying that I thought he has played OK in the past few games but can see why he would have his critics.

I do think there will be a change in management. By accident or design there is an obvious favoured probably 14 players so maybe it will be a refresh for the whole squad to have a new set up.

Christmas Lights

There is probably a transition period coming up, it was a scatty enough league and the facts are Tyrone played 5 championship matches this year and won only one.

People got giddy over beating a Donegal squad who were in disarray this year, Saturday was a hammering and could have been more than 12 points.