Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realisticsaff

Clearly with all games starting at different times on sunday the clubs weren't in favour of 10am starts and why would they be its ludicrous, another huge L for the county board

referee

Regarding promotion and relegation,was coming home from the glens on Sunday and decided to take in the Glenravel v Ballymena game,45 mins I'm not going get back(couldn't watch it for the full hr),brutal stuff,and too think both teams are paying management teams to put that shit on display,there meant to be 2 off the teams aiming for promotion,they're at their level,i know both teama missing men but thats no excuse,Ballymena are playing the same type off shit they played last year with the dinosaur manager in place,JC should at least know better,so called modern manager

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: referee on March 08, 2023, 07:18:18 PM
Regarding promotion and relegation,was coming home from the glens on Sunday and decided to take in the Glenravel v Ballymena game,45 mins I'm not going get back(couldn't watch it for the full hr),brutal stuff,and too think both teams are paying management teams to put that shit on display,there meant to be 2 off the teams aiming for promotion,they're at their level,i know both teama missing men but thats no excuse,Ballymena are playing the same type off shit they played last year with the dinosaur manager in place,JC should at least know better,so called modern manager

Who isn't these days
Aghagallon had a 2 time all ireland winner on the line on Sunday and had 14 behind the ball
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paddyjohn

I'd say both clubs won't care what's said about it. They'll use the league to try these kinda systems out especially without the county men.

Maybe not the most appealing style of Football.

Milltown Row2

Was it clubs with county players that asked for this format?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

who in charge of Gaelfast these days? long time since saw an update on progress but maybe i missed it.....

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2023, 08:46:01 PM

The two down/one up is for one year to rectify the odd no. of teams in div1. League structures will be reviewed / revamped in Sept 23.  Probably revert to one up/ down for 2024.

Two down / one up in 23 was proposed by a Div 2 team , with aspirations of promotion!

Saffsof82

Too many teams in div 1 and 2. Limit it to 10 and add a div 4. Championship reflects league, senior down to junior B, solve the fixture crisis by removing 6 games from league, could start late April then with the same finish point

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on March 08, 2023, 10:42:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2023, 08:46:01 PM

The two down/one up is for one year to rectify the odd no. of teams in div1. League structures will be reviewed / revamped in Sept 23.  Probably revert to one up/ down for 2024.

Two down / one up in 23 was proposed by a Div 2 team , with aspirations of promotion!

Restructuring will always generate annoyance, having been a player and manager when it worked against me in the past I understand that frustration, you can't please everyone. But always grand to have a villain to blame ;)

Hands up, I gave dogs abuse and the one that got me was mid season!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on March 08, 2023, 10:49:22 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 08, 2023, 08:33:52 PM
I'd say both clubs won't care what's said about it. They'll use the league to try these kinda systems out especially without the county men.

I seem to remember All Saints trying to play the same way last year in the playoff,that worked well ...

I blame the ref and the linesman for that defeat. 👀

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 08, 2023, 11:05:40 PM

I seem to remember All Saints trying to play the same way last year in the playoff,that worked well ...

Defeat or style of play  ;D!! If the manager could have influenced his team from the sidelines he'd have done a better job  ;)

referee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2023, 11:07:45 PM

Defeat or style of play  ;D!! If the manager could have influenced his team from the sidelines he'd have done a better job  ;)
Still loud on Sunday,I suppose he's a Big Name but a Big Mouth MR

country bumpkin

Lot of thought and pre planning goes into presentation of fixtures....e.g. Cargin are set to host Galls Sunday at breakfast time whilst our under 17s are to set out for Belfast to meet up with Brigid's.....for a 12.00 throw in....

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2023, 11:07:45 PM

a greater lack of influence would suit ballymena better

JimStynes

Normalise 10am throw ins!