US tourist (50s) fighting for life after ‘unprovoked’ gang attack in Dublin:

Started by joemamas, July 20, 2023, 03:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2023, 09:03:20 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on July 20, 2023, 06:56:05 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 20, 2023, 04:34:05 PM
Hard to love Dublin. Everything costs a fortune. O'Connell street is a no go area. Lots of undesirables. Wee bit like NYC and Times Square in the 80s & 90s. Does Dublin have a Mayor? What is his or her role and responsibilities? Hard to eradicate crime but tourist spots should be free of litter, piss and crime.

Pure hyperbole

Absolutely not. The last time I walked down it we were staying in The Gresham with the kids and some friends from America. Homeless, Drug addicts, stench of piss, litter strewn everywhere and the line at the GPO for I assume food parcels. It was early evening 5pm or so and we felt genuinely unsafe.

Sorry that made you feel unsafe  ::)

Eire90

its funny how the so called patriots of ireland are fine home grown with military aged men selling drugs

trailer

Quote from: thebigfella on July 21, 2023, 09:30:15 AM
Hard to love Dublin. Everything costs a fortune. O'Connell street is a no go area. Lots of undesirables. Wee bit like NYC and Times Square in the 80s & 90s. Does Dublin have a Mayor? What is his or her role and responsibilities? Hard to eradicate crime but tourist spots should be free of litter, piss and crime.

Pure hyperbole

Absolutely not. The last time I walked down it we were staying in The Gresham with the kids and some friends from America. Homeless, Drug addicts, stench of piss, litter strewn everywhere and the line at the GPO for I assume food parcels. It was early evening 5pm or so and we felt genuinely unsafe.

Don't be a w**ker.

thebigfella

Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2023, 10:54:49 AM

Pure hyperbole

Don't be a w**ker.

::)  ;D

Someone called you out and that's the best you can come up with.

Sonny Joe

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

thebigfella

trailer

Quote from: thebigfella on July 21, 2023, 11:39:28 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2023, 10:54:49 AM

Pure hyperbole

Don't be a w**ker.

::)  ;D

Someone called you out and that's the best you can come up with.

Yes. That wasn't what made it feel unsafe. But you knew that. You just choose that. I think it makes you come across as a w**ker.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on July 21, 2023, 02:03:51 PM
https://www.galwaybeo.ie/news/galway-news/galway-city-assault-video-shows-8617780

Was it local lads or ones down for a stag or something?

Kicking people in the head is horrendous but those recording it and not even just phoning the cops, need a good few nights in the cells
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

full moon

Galway one seems particularly brutal some idiot videoed it laughing and joking.

Not much talk about it though in comparison. Anything in Dublin gets more media and it seems with tourists. Mind there was a man stabbed multiple times yesterday in Castleknock and not much about it either.

highorlow

Quotelooks like another assault in galway yesterday https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/2023/07/20/galway-assault-leaves-man-in-critical-condition-in-dublin-hospital/

the countrys a joke

I hung around Galway after the salthill match earlier in the summer. It too is heading downhill. A lot of "new Irish" gangs hanging around eyre square looking for trouble.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Tony Baloney

Quote from: highorlow on July 21, 2023, 04:31:58 PM
Quotelooks like another assault in galway yesterday https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/2023/07/20/galway-assault-leaves-man-in-critical-condition-in-dublin-hospital/

the countrys a joke

I hung around Galway after the salthill match earlier in the summer. It too is heading downhill. A lot of "new Irish" gangs hanging around eyre square looking for trouble.
Now now don't be racist. You're not allowed to call this out. Turn the other cheek. Welcome everyone with open arms.

whitey

Pure hyperbole

I've told the story before about the time we were waiting for the tour bus outside the Gresham and a well to do American Couple came out of the hotel-you could actually see their jaws drop at the scene that was unfolding before their eyes

Kidder81

Quote from: highorlow on July 21, 2023, 04:31:58 PM

the countrys a joke

Think there is footage of a gang of "new Irish" cornering and giving a man a bad doing in Galway a few weeks ago