Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babe Ruth 47

Quote from: maddog on November 18, 2013, 10:36:28 AM
Do none of you just head for the turbo trainer if its lashing ?

Detest the turbo, get no satisfaction it of it. Can't beat getting out.

Mayo4Sam

Shes signed a tv deal with ITV, she'll make a packet out of this
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Orior

Quote from: Babe Ruth 47 on November 19, 2013, 01:38:05 PM

Totally agree
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

grounded

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 19, 2013, 04:50:16 PM

She has claimed she waived the fee for appearing on Daybreak this morning. It seems she is actually the victim in all of this!

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/20/bloodycyclists-driver-was-cyber-bullied-after-stupid-tweet-4193682/

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Orior on November 19, 2013, 05:32:57 PM

Totally agree

Love the turbo, complete satisfaction from a set on it and stick on second captains podcast or some such and I fly through it
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 20, 2013, 01:59:36 PM

Totally agree

Love the turbo, complete satisfaction from a set on it and stick on second captains podcast or some such and I fly through it

The gym has those Livestrong cycles in them, I haven't tried it yet but I believe it simulates a race/stages in the Tours. Was wondering has anyone tried them, are they any good?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2013, 02:14:51 PM

Totally agree

The gym has those Livestrong cycles in them, I haven't tried it yet but I believe it simulates a race/stages in the Tours. Was wondering has anyone tried them, are they any good?

Was it one last night, found it fun but not sure if the novelty would wear off after a few weeks.

thebigfella

Quote from: DennistheMenace on November 20, 2013, 02:19:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2013, 02:14:51 PM

Totally agree

Was it one last night, found it fun but not sure if the novelty would wear off after a few weeks.

I've a Tacx VR turbo and find it great.

Would use the GPS Rides feature that simulates my usual training routes using Google Earth quite a bit when I can't get out. It just avoids some of the boredom of following a training program on the turbo.

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 19, 2013, 04:50:16 PM

I can see it now............Bad Braking!

With Emma Way, of Watton.

When wayward cyclists go bad....

"We came on to wy side of the woad. I wulled to the weft as wuickly as I could. He was wight in front we......."
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Turbo'd last nite, first of the season & it was shit, had ipod on the go & watching Swed v Port on the laptop and still found it hard to get going. Been doing a lot of spinning this Autumn (always disliked it), it's took half a stone of me in 6 weeks or so, tho the enthusiasim is generally on the wane now 'til new year.

An Gaeilgoir

In the market for a good second hand bike, not a mountain bike..if anyone knows of a good place to buy one....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on November 20, 2013, 04:38:01 PM
Turbo'd last nite, first of the season & it was shit, had ipod on the go & watching Swed v Port on the laptop and still found it hard to get going. Been doing a lot of spinning this Autumn (always disliked it), it's took half a stone of me in 6 weeks or so, tho the enthusiasim is generally on the wane now 'til new year.

Slightly addicted to spinning. Been 3/4 times a week (2 years) without fail though it's frustrating (weirdly) watching ones just go through the motions and look as if they are heading down hill the whole time!!!

I seriously though need to get out on the roads for longer distances
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T O Hare

Lads I bought a giant defy 5 last week and it was my  first day out yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it although I'm somewhat sore today. The only problem I had was the gears or shifting as the cycling buffs call it. Any good tips for gear changing or anywhere good online advice for me ??
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

bennydorano

Just a matter of getting used to them.

There's a Sean Kelly general guide for newbies available as a pdf on the wickow200 website, good reading.

T O Hare

Quote from: bennydorano on November 20, 2013, 11:14:48 PM
Just a matter of getting used to them.

There's a Sean Kelly general guide for newbies available as a pdf on the wickow200 website, good reading.
Cheers Benny
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"