Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: bennydorano on August 25, 2013, 10:24:49 PM
I cycled from Armagh & met boys in Portydown so ended up doing 90m @ 18.8mph average. Only stopped once for 15mins.

Yes I reckon I could sustain 18.8 mph for 90 metres too.

Oh wait, hang on...
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JimStynes

I cycled from Armagh & met boys in Portydown so ended up doing 90m @ 18.8mph average. Only stopped once for 15mins.

Good going benny! Great day for it as well! Been around the lough 6 times this year, going to go around it during the winter a good bit.

Milltown Row2

Thats some going, I'd be over the moon at 10/12 mph for that distance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Are any of yiz on Strava? It's a better way of tracking your progress than writing down your average speed and distance in a paper training diary.

Maguire01

I did LTL yesterday - average speed 27km/hr (16.8 mph). Second year doing it.

Maguire01

How did that only add 5 miles?

bennydorano

Lift home from peatlands - and i wasnt complaining.

I bought a Garmin (200) in the spring, best bit of cycling related equipment i've ever had (cost £97 on ebay), love it, i sit for ages studying the data. Recently got a Strava account, great job too.

I see the cycling gear is back in Lidl from Thursday & they have their own Garmin type GPS unit for £40.

Maguire01

Got the Garmin 200 myself this year - good piece of kit.

JimStynes

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 26, 2013, 07:20:24 AM
Are any of yiz on Strava? It's a better way of tracking your progress than writing down your average speed and distance in a paper training diary.

I set up a Gaaboard club strava account but don't know if people are able to find it. Might need a paying account to be able to set it up. Search it when u get a chance

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on August 26, 2013, 10:46:48 AM

I set up a Gaaboard club strava account but don't know if people are able to find it. Might need a paying account to be able to set it up. Search it when u get a chance

Send a link Jim, is there an app for this ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

Quote from: bennydorano on August 26, 2013, 09:26:25 AM

I bought a Garmin (200) in the spring, best bit of cycling related equipment i've ever had (cost £97 on ebay), love it, i sit for ages studying the data. Recently got a Strava account, great job too.

I see the cycling gear is back in Lidl from Thursday & they have their own Garmin type GPS unit for £40.
Gotta be worth a punt.

gerry

Done 85 mile from Omagh to slane  on saturday and cycled back up again with a belly full of pints from the night before that wasn't a good idea.  Great riding by the Irish lads on the vuelta again today.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

laoislad

Quote from: LeoMc on August 26, 2013, 01:01:58 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 26, 2013, 09:26:25 AM

Gotta be worth a punt.

Loads of cycling gear in Lidl today but that gps unit was not for sale.
On sale in the North only maybe?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Eamonnca1

Was gonna get myself a Garmin to use with a power meter, but then I discovered you only need the Strava app for your phone to record rides. It tries to guess your power but I discard that data because without a power meter it has no way of knowing whether you were drafting or doing any work, or if you were with the wind or against it. Still plenty of data there to analyze though.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: JimStynes on August 26, 2013, 10:46:48 AM

Just tried, but Strava doesn't make it easy for you to find stuff. Got a link?