Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

that was some ride jim, i would say that it was windy coming of the lough.

a good ride by philip deignan in the tour of california tonight in serious heat
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

Quote from: gerry on May 13, 2013, 11:51:28 PM
that was some ride jim, i would say that it was windy coming of the lough.

a good ride by philip deignan in the tour of california tonight in serious heat

Didnt seem to end, was especially tough from randalstown - ballyronan. Tail wind for about 10 mile coming into portadown and then it started up again. Completed in around 5hrs 15mins. Good to get that one in the tank though. Have the Maracycle coming up at the end of June. Need to get a couple more long rides in before then. Met a fella from Triangle Tri club who was just about to head off for the Lanzarote Ironman!! One day  ;)

gerry

anyone see this today in the giro

laoislad

Quote from: gerry on April 18, 2013, 12:49:14 PM
Nothing worst than arriving for a cycle and your chain is bogging and everyone else chain looks like than it was just bought.

Ah I reckon there are worse things in life that could happen. !
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Abble

Giro D'Italia ----- I've a bet waiting on Nibali, as part of an accum from the weekend. I'm thinking should i attempt to cover my stake by getting on Cadel Evans now also. Does anyone outside of these two now have a realistic chance of winning it or is it still too early to say ?

Orior

Quote from: gerry on May 14, 2013, 11:12:26 PM
anyone see this today in the giro

Brilliant. Why do I love watching other people fall over?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Went out tonight and did 20 miles in 1.21 mins, fairly flat and ran into a hail stone shower that last 3 miles with a strong wind FFS!!

Haven't got a decent bike, it's an aluminium frame, straight handlebars. Looking to get a new bike soon fairly high spec in the £850 range, would I be taking much time off that on the new bike?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2013, 11:33:47 PM
Went out tonight and did 20 miles in 1.21 mins, fairly flat and ran into a hail stone shower that last 3 miles with a strong wind FFS!!

Haven't got a decent bike, it's an aluminium frame, straight handlebars. Looking to get a new bike soon fairly high spec in the £850 range, would I be taking much time off that on the new bike?

yeah with a decent bike you should be able to go under a minute no problem  ;)

Milltown Row2

A minute in the right direction ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gerry

Sylvain Georges, who rides for the ag2r failed a drug test in the giro, 

laoislad

Cycling experts.
Would something like this be good for a road bike?

http://eurocycles.com/ie/product/eurotrek/tdf-road-bike#reviews

I mentioned before I bought a cheapo bike in Halfords but it is only fit for the knackers yard now.
Was gonna buy a hybrid but have not bought anything yet.
Don't want to spend too much as I could easily give it up after a few weeks though I hope to stick at it this time around.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maguire01

Looking for some advice as well. Anyone got an opinion on Boardman bikes? Specifically looking at this one:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_918473_langId_-1_categoryId_165710#tab3

Buying through a cycle to work scheme so unfortunately limited to Halfords!

bennydorano

Couldn't go wrong with that Maguire.

Laoislad, alrite for the money, but as maddog or someone has alluded to before, there's far better value to be had in the used bike market. You could pay the same money for a year old bike with vastly superior components.

Maguire01

Did the Life Cycle today - went for the longer spin in the end, 83km. Brutal weather in the second half - blinded by the rain. Peter Robinson did it too - not sure if he did the shorter or longer one. Spotted a few Armagh GAA men - Stevie McDonnell and John and Tony McEntee. Good turnout overall.

bennydorano

The cycling top they produced looks well, is it on general sale do u know or was it just for participants? Would invest.