Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Anyone done the causeway coast sportive before? Might try aim to do it in sept

maddog

Quote from: gerry on March 26, 2013, 07:27:15 PM
How would he be fixed for the TdF or Giro later in the year??   no hope, he is not paid to win the big tours.  his role there to support the team leader

Would he be rated ahead of Roche or similar? roche is a better all rounder than dan.  dan better suited to the steep stuff, but he has won more than roche

(Is Roche considered clean?) i reckon he is, as he has won feck all except one stage in china as a pro

roche in a new bigger  team this year so he has it all to prove

I could see Dan Martin trying to slip away in breakaways in the higher mountains, will be watching out to see if he is any silly prices in the mornings, like froome being 80/1 in first mountain stage last year which he won.

gerry

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2013, 12:50:28 PM
Quote from: gerry on March 28, 2013, 12:44:45 PM
65 mile spin yesterday, this was at the top of fivemiletown mountain

How long would that take?

4 hours
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gerry on March 28, 2013, 02:41:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2013, 12:50:28 PM
Quote from: gerry on March 28, 2013, 12:44:45 PM
65 mile spin yesterday, this was at the top of fivemiletown mountain

How long would that take?

4 hours

Shorter than a round of golf and a lot more exercise to boot, think I could do the 16 miles an hour myself at, a push
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gerry

The first 30 mile to Enniskillen with a tail wind I averaged 17.5 mph but had a head wind and snow on the way home

bennydorano

Just back from a 30m odd jaunt after 3 weeks out with a dose (& the weather) & by fook I knew about it, hanging & holding the show up. Was out on the new Ribble winter yoke as well, few gremlins to sort & Tiagra is a fair step  down from 105 & ultegra i have to say.

Orior

Quote from: gerry on March 28, 2013, 03:13:48 PM
The first 30 mile to Enniskillen with a tail wind I averaged 17.5 mph but had a head wind and snow on the way home

Lots of respect there Gerry. I did 26 mile today and it damned near killed me.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on March 28, 2013, 07:44:35 PM
Just back from a 30m odd jaunt after 3 weeks out with a dose (& the weather) & by fook I knew about it, hanging & holding the show up. Was out on the new Ribble winter yoke as well, few gremlins to sort & Tiagra is a fair step  down from 105 & ultegra i have to say.

You made me laugh there, blame it on the tiagra.  ;)

bennydorano

Tiagra is shit! Although someone pointed out to me on Sat that the mudguards on the Ribble Winter Carbon were a good parachute for slowing me down.

Sitting here hugging a hot water bottle under a duvet in front of the TV. Thurs & Sat founderings = relapse. Fuckity f**k.

Tour of Carlingford's on this Sunday, it's a good fast sportive.

gerry

jasus benny nothing worst than getting a cold and you cant get out on the bike.  I had it a few weeks ago and it took me three weeks to get going again. I take 1000mg vitamin C each morning, although i read they can give you kidney stones.  I managed another 70 mile on sunday over fivemiletown again and we have 75 planned for this week as part of our dublin cycle training.

oakleafgael

Quote from: gerry on April 01, 2013, 10:14:47 PM
jasus benny nothing worst than getting a cold and you cant get out on the bike.  I had it a few weeks ago and it took me three weeks to get going again. I take 1000mg vitamin C each morning, although i read they can give you kidney stones.  I managed another 70 mile on sunday over fivemiletown again and we have 75 planned for this week as part of our dublin cycle training.

Gerry,

Whenever youse are gathering up again this Sunday will you try and make sure that the ignorant c***ts who are going around to the gable wall and pissing against the entrance to the playschool find somewhere else to piss. The new club is a great addition to the community and it would be a pity to let a few gobshites get them a bad name.

Orior

Quote from: oakleafgael on April 01, 2013, 10:54:33 PM
Quote from: gerry on April 01, 2013, 10:14:47 PM

Gerry,

Whenever youse are gathering up again this Sunday will you try and make sure that the ignorant c***ts who are going around to the gable wall and pissing against the entrance to the playschool find somewhere else to piss. The new club is a great addition to the community and it would be a pity to let a few gobshites get them a bad name.

Good point, well made!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gerry

i agree there is no need for it seeing there is a toilet inside, i will mention it to the committee members this friday.  do you know was it just sunday past or has it be ongoing.

oakleafgael

Quote from: gerry on April 01, 2013, 11:42:05 PM
i agree there is no need for it seeing there is a toilet inside, i will mention it to the committee members this friday.  do you know was it just sunday past or has it be ongoing.

The good lady mentioned it to me previously and I was coming from the Derg yesterday morning and seen it for myself.

Abble

got my first 2013 outing on bike today, 6 miles ! I got my bike and some clothing last year but had nothing left for shoes. got the shoes sorted now and pedals, so will build up gradually to make sure that i've the shoes fitting and cleats placed ok to avoid any injury and at the same time building fitness. looking forward to a good 6 months cycling ahead and will hopefully get into a sportive somewhere along the line.