GaaBoard's greatest troll!

Started by muppet, October 29, 2016, 12:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

We have had greatest everything else. It is time we follow Journalists, Architects, the Music Industry etc, and give ourselves a big annual award.

Who should the nominees be?
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Do you remember when PoG started the arseholes thread and how well that went over with a certain Co Down poster?

It will end in tears muppet!

armaghniac

A person who starts a thread for an award they hope to win themselves is definitely a troll.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on October 29, 2016, 12:24:47 AM
Do you remember when PoG started the arseholes thread and how well that went over with a certain Co Down poster?

It will end in tears muppet!
PoG and 5 times had a running battle for ages. 5 Times came back under many guises. It's a tame oul board these days.

The Stallion

There seems to be an unusually large number of posters on here who believe someone is a troll purely because they dare to have a differing opinion on something.

omaghjoe

Can we all agree on the definition

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

I would have to say that a good percentage of posters must fit that definition when it comes to slagging Tyrone but otherwise are completely sensible. Is this award for subject specific trolling or all round trolling?

seafoid

Wasn't TF banned a while ago for having a go at the Hillsborough tragedy ? Was he let off for good behaviour?

seafoid

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 29, 2016, 07:32:09 AM

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

I would have to say that a good percentage of posters must fit that definition when it comes to slagging Tyrone but otherwise are completely sensible. Is this award for subject specific trolling or all round trolling?

It is easy to wind up Tyrone people. I think they live for the drama. And saying the rosary together as a county brings them together in a way Meath can only imagine . It's driven by emotion and a mixture of neediness and arrogance.

Saying something like "Sean Cavanagh is a disgrace" will get the ball rolling. And keyboards never refused letters. One of the annual rituals of the board is the silence that starts the Monday after Tyrone depart from the championship. 

Farrandeelin

Whoever it is it's probably ONeill under one of his different guises. ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on October 29, 2016, 07:59:26 AM

It is easy to wind up Tyrone people. I think they live for the drama. And saying the rosary together as a county brings them together in a way Meath can only imagine . It's driven by emotion and a mixture of neediness and arrogance.

Saying something like "Sean Cavanagh is a disgrace" will get the ball rolling. And keyboards never refused letters. One of the annual rituals of the board is the silence that starts the Monday after Tyrone depart from the championship.

I think certain posters hide behind the idea of being a troll when in actual fact they have a pathological need to comment on every thread regardless of their knowledge or understanding of the topic at hand. Most likely a lack of attention at home/real life  or possibly mummy or daddy issues.
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

I should have posted a definition.

But then you wander close to your own definition, by somehow making this about Tyrone!
MWWSI 2017

JoG2

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 29, 2016, 09:27:03 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 29, 2016, 07:59:26 AM

I think certain posters hide behind the idea of being a troll when in actual fact they have a pathological need to comment on every thread regardless of their knowledge or understanding of the topic at hand.  Most likely a lack of attention at home/real life  or possibly mummy or daddy issues.

On the button.  This forum is fairly polluted these days,  Derry forum,  Liverpool,  Celtic,  any and all political /religious threads. And not a man is fooled with the debate/opinion poop they peddle... attention is the goal,  the only goal

imtommygunn

Precisely right jog2. It is hard to know whether you are dealing with adults at times.

As for the experts too that brexit thread is ruined and could have been interesting.

The running one is nearly the only one where people can actually converse in.

No wides

The biggest attention seeker polluting every thread would have to be the originator of this thread. He should just call his threads the look at me thread.