Tour de France 2022

Started by ONeill, July 06, 2022, 04:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Very exciting finish. Tad isolated and Jonas bringing down the hammer. Huge stage coming tomorrow. 

Tony Baloney

Jumbo Visma pushed all the right buttons with Pogacar today.

SHEEDY

What a ride by Jonas Vingegaard, nobody seen pogacar cracking like that. Sets up nicely for tomorrow and alp d'huez.
nil satis nisi optimum

Rois

Anyone spot me on TV yesterday  :P
We were along the route, the caravanne was brilliant craic for the wee ones. Watching Middle Aged French men take your eye out for a free key ring thrown from the floats was illuminating.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on July 13, 2022, 09:35:27 PM
We were along the route, the caravanne was brilliant craic for the wee ones. Watching Middle Aged French men take your eye out for a free key ring thrown from the floats was illuminating.
Was yesterday the Morzine stage? I was saying to the wife yesterday that looks a lovely place to visit outside the winter season. Jealous.

markl121

holy shit what a stage. JV perfect tactics. Tomorrow will be class

seafoid

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 13, 2022, 09:56:42 PM
Was yesterday the Morzine stage? I was saying to the wife yesterday that looks a lovely place to visit outside the winter season. Jealous.
Also lovely in winter with the skiing

illdecide

Done Morzine in 2016 and have to say was the best cycling trip i've ever had. Been to Calpe and Luz Saint Sauveur but think Morzine was the best. Some mountain biking goes on in Morzine during the summer, I reckon it would be great for skiing in the winter.

Today will be defining where the title goes...only the elite can recover from a thrashing like TP got yesterday but TP is elite and he certainly can do it. Jumbo Visma will try to knock it back into TP today again so can't wait...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rois

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 13, 2022, 09:56:42 PM
We were actually abouy 10k from Megeve where it ended, but regular visitors to Morzine, beautiful in both winter and summer. Underrated as summer destination. We're in Chamonix with 30 degree sunshine.

gallsman

No real that from Pog today.

ONeill

The Eurosport panel was a bit puzzled by his achievement today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

markl121

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2022, 06:08:13 PM
Pidcocks? Haven't seen the analysis yet but he has been climbing very well all tour. Pogacar isn't dead yet this isn't over. Seriously good riding by Thomas as well

grounded

Still a very interesting day. JV content enough to control proceedings today. A few late attacks by Tad didnt come to much with Jonas marking them all.
       Big win for Pidcock and id guess the other big story is Froome taking third.  Lot of big days still to go.

bennydorano

Delighted for Froome fair play to him, to come back from what he endured takes some doing.

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2022, 06:08:13 PM

Why? Pidcock is one of the most naturally talented riders about, MTB Olympic gold medalist, elite Cyclocross rider, already a threat in the classics and very possibly a future Tour winner.

First time today seeing Sepp Kuss put in a decent shift, past year or two I've been wondering when he was going to get a shot at his own Grand Tour, but he's been very quiet.

Pogacar is going to have to wait for the Pyrenees now but JV looks like he has all the answers, but all anybody needs is one bad day and it's all over.

imtommygunn

His descending is fantastic. Not a bit of fear in him.