China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Great to see they are bringing the testing to airports, 11 months late!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2021, 10:17:33 AM

Did I read somewhere yesterday there are 12 minute tests coming in?

If that is accurate, and I am accurate. We are talking game changer for Sporting events.....this summer.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 14, 2021, 10:18:42 AM

If that is accurate, and I am accurate. We are talking game changer for Sporting events.....this summer.

Yeah missus mentioned yesterday
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Interesting - that's a game changer.

trueblue1234

With regards to the registration of the deaths. Anglo is right that there is a variation in the figures of recorded deaths and were Covid was the underlying factor. As of Nov it was roughly 90%. See below.

Covid-19 was the underlying cause of 808 deaths in Northern Ireland this year, according to newly published figures.

The latest statistics were compiled from Registrar General data.

It records 3,815 deaths in Northern Ireland between July 1 to September 30.

Of these, Covid-19 was the underlying cause of 53 which brings the total number of deaths in 2020 where the virus was the underlying cause to 808.

According to the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (Nisra), there have been 902 deaths this year where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate.

This would indicate that the virus was the primary cause of death in 89.6% percent of all deaths which mentioned Covid-19 on the death certificate.

Not a significant impact on the figures in my view. And not one that changes my view on the severity of the issue.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

whitegoodman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2021, 10:20:50 AM

Have they mentioned how accurate the tests are likely to be ?  Was there not something in the press the other day about the lack of accuracy on the flow tests ?

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 14, 2021, 10:46:43 AM
With regards to the registration of the deaths. Anglo is right that there is a variation in the figures of recorded deaths and were Covid was the underlying factor. As of Nov it was roughly 90%. See below.

Covid-19 was the underlying cause of 808 deaths in Northern Ireland this year, according to newly published figures.

Of these, Covid-19 was the underlying cause of 53 which brings the total number of deaths in 2020 where the virus was the underlying cause to 808.

According to the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (Nisra), there have been 902 deaths this year where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate.

This would indicate that the virus was the primary cause of death in 89.6% percent of all deaths which mentioned Covid-19 on the death certificate.

Not a significant impact on the figures in my view. And not one that changes my view on the severity of the issue.

If a 86 year old with heart disease, diabetes or a respiratory illness got flu in the winter months of prior years and died. Would that be attributed as a death as a result of flu? Would it be even noticed that they had flu?

Same scenario for that 86 year old with Covid. They will be tested for Covid and will likely have Covid listed as the primary cause of death?

If you delve into the stats it raises some massive questions. I'd like to see what % of elderly people have died from heart disease, respiratory illness, cancer, alzheimers etc died this year compared to prior years. Have elderly people now stopped dying from the ailments they normally die from?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 14, 2021, 10:51:37 AM

Have they mentioned how accurate the tests are likely to be ?  Was there not something in the press the other day about the lack of accuracy on the flow tests ?

The PCR testing has major question marks over accuracy.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 14, 2021, 10:55:00 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 14, 2021, 10:46:43 AM

If a 86 year old with heart disease, diabetes or a respiratory illness got flu in the winter months of prior years and died. Would that be attributed as a death as a result of flu? Would it be even noticed that they had flu?

Same scenario for that 86 year old with Covid. They will be tested for Covid and will likely have Covid listed as the primary cause of death?

If you delve into the stats it raises some massive questions. I'd like to see what % of elderly people have died from heart disease, respiratory illness, cancer, alzheimers etc died this year compared to prior years. Have elderly people now stopped dying from the ailments they normally die from?
I'm going to stick with the official line on this rather than your version thanks all the same.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tbrick18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2021, 08:23:37 PM
Great to see the effort the medical staff are putting in, was reading some story's of their shifts, how they are dealing with the threat of catching it! Stress

Yes it has to be the most difficult job. Lots of these people have their own families they are trying to protect whilst also trying to save lives.
God love them. I can only imagine that they can never switch off either even when off shift.

On a wider point, I think society as a whole needs to have a rethink on what jobs are essential to keep things moving. Truck drivers, shop assistants, dentists, gp's, bin collectors.....many more I'm probably not thinking off. Lots of these people are working on minimum wages or very little more than that, yet without them society will be at a standstill. They should be given the respect and wages that reflect the importance of their positions in society.

Angelo

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 14, 2021, 11:00:46 AM
Great to see the effort the medical staff are putting in, was reading some story's of their shifts, how they are dealing with the threat of catching it! Stress

Yes it has to be the most difficult job. Lots of these people have their own families they are trying to protect whilst also trying to save lives.
God love them. I can only imagine that they can never switch off either even when off shift.

On a wider point, I think society as a whole needs to have a rethink on what jobs are essential to keep things moving. Truck drivers, shop assistants, dentists, gp's, bin collectors.....many more I'm probably not thinking off. Lots of these people are working on minimum wages or very little more than that, yet without them society will be at a standstill. They should be given the respect and wages that reflect the importance of their positions in society.

The problem with that is a Tory government or a Labour government under a corporate zionist like Starmer openly resent the working class and will not sacrifice the elite to bring some parity to that. Britain really missed its chance to have a leader that would redress inequality under Corbyn but a right wing media and docile electorate saw to that.

The same with FFG down south.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 14, 2021, 11:00:46 AM

It would be great if that could happen..

GetOverTheBar

Would need to really take a search on that, can't even remember where I read it. I think it I read it was something that had been trialled in a few places and was ready for roll out now. Was near the end of the day and I was for rushing out the door to be honest with you.

As for accuracy, I mean if they are going to airports for purposes of National Security, really, I suppose they have to be on the money? Maybe someone who knows a bit more about the actual testing could comment as I wouldn't have a clue.

Angelo

The testing thing is a bit of a shambles though right?

There's a serious volume of false positives there.

Professional sports is a good indicator of this where players test positive and then a few days later return a negative test. Conor McKenna being a good case in point.

I'm sure rapid testing is even more unreliable.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 14, 2021, 11:19:01 AM

Would need to really take a search on that, can't even remember where I read it. I think it I read it was something that had been trialled in a few places and was ready for roll out now. Was near the end of the day and I was for rushing out the door to be honest with you.

As for accuracy, I mean if they are going to airports for purposes of National Security, really, I suppose they have to be on the money? Maybe someone who knows a bit more about the actual testing could comment as I wouldn't have a clue.

Aye like someone with knowledge of test kits and how these Pharma companies make them.

A friend of mine works in Randox, must have a chat with here and see. She's got a degree in that area, better than some random person commentating on it I suppose.