Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Derry Optimist

After watching Derry's win over Wexford yesterday I would like to see Management selecting the following side to play Leitrim in the final next Saturday.

Thomas Mallon
Paul McNeill                                      Brendan Rogers                            Karl McKaigue
Niall Keenan                                     Chris McKaigue                             Michael McEvoy
                                 Conor McAtamney                 Ciaran McFaul(if fit)
Emmett Bradley                                Christopher Bradley                      Padraig Cassidy
Enda Lynn                                         Ryan Bell                                       Shane McGuigan. 

N.B.If  Ciaran is not fit I would transfer  Cassidy to midfield and bring on Benny Heron into the forward line.Like most of his teammates Benny had a very good first half yesterday.However, Derry's second half performance was very poor to say the least.

restorepride

Quote from: Derry Optimist on March 24, 2019, 08:59:14 PM
After watching Derry's win over Wexford yesterday I would like to see Management selecting the following side to play Leitrim in the final next Saturday.

Thomas Mallon
Paul McNeill                                      Brendan Rogers                            Karl McKaigue
Niall Keenan                                     Chris McKaigue                             Michael McEvoy
                                 Conor McAtamney                 Ciaran McFaul(if fit)
Emmett Bradley                                Christopher Bradley                      Padraig Cassidy
Enda Lynn                                         Ryan Bell                                       Shane McGuigan. 

N.B.If  Ciaran is not fit I would transfer  Cassidy to midfield and bring on Benny Heron into the forward line.Like most of his teammates Benny had a very good first half yesterday.However, Derry's second half performance was very poor to say the least.
Bell was excellent yesterday, defence weak throughout, 4-16!  McKaigues and Rodgers badly needed. Midfield and primary possession there remains a big concern. Sammy when he came on brought that extra vision and quality to do damage and unlock a defence.  Some of the starting 15 yesterday were exposed and will, at best, need more time to develop and mature. 

Wildweasel74

Not be far off championship team from available panel, give 2 or 3. I play Cassidy midfield. He's our strongest midfielder and drives so hard through the middle. McFaul I have in the half forwards. McGrogan and Jack Doherty not be far from a starting team. If every body in the county was available and excluding Retirements. Colm and Liam McGoldrick. Mckinless.  O'Brien would strengthen the team. Still think Tallon something to offer, and possible the Kearney lads from Swatragh. C McShane offering serious aerial Power option for Tyrone I be looking at someone stronger in the air to match off against him in Omagh.

oakleaflad

I see Leitrim named their team for Saturday. Anyone take a guess at the Derry side?

braveheart

Quote from: oakleaflad on March 28, 2019, 03:13:47 PM
I see Leitrim named their team for Saturday. Anyone take a guess at the Derry side?
Derry optimist will.

TheOptimist

Apparently there's 300 leitrim fans travelling from the US for this , they could out number us on their own. Not that I can talk. Can't make it  >:(

tonesfirstandlast

Even though there's not one Bellaghy player is deemed good enough to be even the Derry squad, good luck on Saturday. A proud day for the county. Bring her home boys 🇦🇹🇦🇹

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on March 28, 2019, 09:34:34 PM
Even though there's not one Bellaghy player is deemed good enough to be even the Derry squad, good luck on Saturday. A proud day for the county. Bring her home boys 🇦🇹🇦🇹
Things not great around Jurassic park..

.. but looks like the top half of co Derry is now Jurassic world..

Wildweasel74

Who show be there from Bellaghy

restorepride

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on March 28, 2019, 09:34:34 PM
If anyone was good enough, and available, they would be on the panel. Possibly one of the easiest Derry panels ever to get on.  Ask Wexford - 4.16, in Bellaghy.

Sheugh Water

Two naive enough teams today i thought

Wildweasel74

If Tyrone fire in any high balls we been in plenty of bother. P Cassidy and C McKeigue played well. But if u were picking the best 15 in the county., there be players in  no of positions under threat..

JoG2

Good days craic. Still very porous and a few of our big hitters have had better days. 6 weeks to prepare for Tyrone, not a bother!!

Real Talk

After all is said and done Derry went through the league unbeaten and you can't do any better than that.  We're not going to beat Tyrone but it would be good experience to add to the panel some of the more capable U20's and then get a bit of a run in the Qualifiers.

To be realistic JoG we really haven't too many "big hitters".   Ciaran McFall was missed yesterday to give us a bit of power and quality in the middle third.  Keenan played well and is gifted with a "second gear" and is a very competent tackler. All of them worked very hard both with and without the ball.

It will be a work in progress to improve our performances and then give Div 3 a rattle next year

Glenman93

Well done to any clubs who organised trips for their young players to go Croke Park yesterday to support Derry. Loup and Castledawson were definitely in attendance. Any others?