The Official EFL Championship

Started by lurganblue, August 28, 2018, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Bragging rights for villa in the derby. City could have been 2 up which may have put a different spin on it. What about that goal by the Scottish Cafu though!

The league is still very close with results very hard to predict.  Norwich on a great run but for some reason i dont expect that to be sustained. If i had to predict the top 2 at the minute i think i would go for West Brom and Middlesbrough.

ziggy90

And don't I know it!!
The best team won alright with no little help from a ref  who was clueless. If Adams had put away that chance I think we might have won easily as the Vile were on the ropes but fine margins and all that?
According to the Vile fans celebrating with a gay fest last night they're certainties for automatic promotion.  ::)
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

laoislad

Lovely goal from Conor Hourihane there for Villa against Leeds.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

extra time

Qpr win at Florist for the first time ever. Great away win after beating Boro last week. One of the surprise teams this season.

lurganblue

Fair play to Leeds. I think that rules villa completely out of a chance at automatic. They're just too short at the back (thanks Brucie). Kick in the stones not to get a point there but the defending was a shambles.

Insane Bolt

Some comeback from Leeds....hope they get promoted.

ziggy90

4,500 Birmingham fans in the away end at Wigan on the last Saturday before Christmas. An emphatic 0-3 win, can we dare to dream?
Before yesterday I thought the Vile, WBA and Stoke would be the three teams batting out for automatic promotion but those lot from B6 are a defensive shambles and I think their fans better resign themselves to another season in the Championship.
Norwich are sailing blissfully on and not a word about them?
Leeds I fear have too many injuries (is this because of the way they play?) Derby will be in the mix too.
Anyway it's been a very good season up 'til now and the Christmas fixtures always throw up a few surprise results.
KRO.

lurganblue

Mad day in the championship again yesterday.  Leeds and Norwich giving other teams a bit of hope only to snatch it back with 2 late goals in both games!

rodney trotter

It would be good to see Leeds back up. I wouldn't be as keen to see the likes of Norwich or West Brom back up. Yo yo clubs who were dire to watch when they were in the Premier League.

Derby are a good team to watch. Harry Wilson scoring some wonder free kicks.

rodney trotter

Martin O Neill to be confirmed as Nottingham Forest manager today. Keane likely to be alongside him.

lurganblue

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 14, 2019, 11:46:41 AM
Martin O Neill to be confirmed as Nottingham Forest manager today. Keane likely to be alongside him.

Forest fans weren't happy that Karanka was forced out. Wonder what they feel about this appointment. Wonder would they buy Glenn Whelan off Villa?

lurganblue

Well how did the transfers go for your team? I'm slightly surprised by the lack of business by Norwich and Leeds. The goalkeeper was essential for Leeds but i just thought they may have pushed the boat out a little considering where they are sitting.

Hogan (in form) could be an asset to Sheff Utd who already play decent football. West Brom did ok too. Johansen is good at this level.

Swansea seem to have just said everyone can leave. Birmingham's best business was keeping Adams.

extra time

Qpr had their best transfer window for a long time :) ;D :D

ziggy90

Big day in the Championship yesterday with the top three all winning again. It's looking like a real dog-fight now between them and the one that misses out will be gutted come the play-offs?
On a sour note: WBA sack their manager even though they're  sitting in 4th. Wtf.
Blues v the Vile today. We owe them big-time but it looks as if "Jack the Rat" has come back to fitness at just the wrong time for us. We can but hope.
KRO.

imtommygunn

Grealish attacked by a fan in the Birmingham derby. Haven't seen anything like that in quite a few years. The fan subdued quick enough though.