Indian Big Brother

Started by el_cuervo_fc, August 14, 2008, 01:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

http://www.irishnews.com/break.asp?tbrk=brk&par=brk&catid=5834&subcatid=642&storyid=373610

Goody joins Indian version of Big Brother
14/08/08

Jade Goody is going into the Indian Big Brother house, it emerged today.

The reality TV star, 27, whose career nosedived following last year's Celebrity Big Brother race row, is preparing for this weekend's launch.

The show features 12 Indian celebrities and is hosted by Shilpa Shetty, 33, the Bollywood star who won the hearts of viewers after being bullied by Goody and other housemates.

Goody, a mother-of-two, is thought to be earning up to £100,000 (€125,660) for her appearance on the show, called Bigg Boss.

A source said: "Jade would like to prove that she's not a racist.

"When she was first approached, she was a little apprehensive. She doesn't know how viewers and housemates might react. Now she's looking forward to it."

Ofcom received more than 50,000 complaints about Goody, Danielle Lloyd and former S Club singer Jo O'Meara's alleged racist bullying, with Goody referring to Shetty as "Shilpa Poppadom".

After Goody was evicted, she said she was "embarrassed and disgusted" by her own behaviour in the house but denied she was a racist.

Goody's money-spinning contracts dried up – her perfume, Shh..., was taken off the shelves and publishers decided to drop a paperback edition of her autobiography.

Gordon Brown, who was then Chancellor, was forced to defend Britain as a "country of fairness and tolerance" and the TV star visited India, where her effigy had been burnt during the race row.

Our Nail Loney

Would love to see this one ending in disaster! Silly bitch.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 14, 2008, 01:44:20 PM
Would love to see this one ending in disaster! Silly bitch.

Will the indian house operate to the caste system?  Evil racist system that still operates in india. 

Just wait for her to let her guard down at some point and say quietly "Oh I could murder an Indian"!  If she does say this, is it racist? Explain?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

full back

Reality TV star Jade Goody has been diagnosed with cervical cancer, her publicist has confirmed.

The 27-year-old was told whilst appearing on the Indian version of Big Brother, known as Bigg Boss.

Max Clifford told BBC Radio 1's Newsbeat Goody was "extremely upset and frightened and will be back as soon as they can get her on a plane".

Show producers confirmed Goody had left the house for "medical reasons". She is due to arrive back in the UK later.

"Jade had some tests recently, then she went off to India to appear in the Indian Big Brother," Mr Clifford said.

"Yesterday we got a call from her consultant to say she had cancer of the cervix and so she has to come back straight away."

'Shocked'

He added: "We put the consultant in touch with the programme maker in India and because of the circumstances was allowed to speak to her and explain the results of her tests."
When asked if the result was a positive smear test or a confirmed diagnosis of cancer, Mr Clifford said: "No, it is cancer."

"The important thing is to get her back as soon as possible and get this treated.

"Obviously there were some problems - that's why she had tests. But she had no idea that would be the diagnosis - she was shocked."

Goody had undergone tests earlier this month after collapsing and losing blood at her Essex home.

But she had decided to appear in Bigg Boss to make amends after being accused of racism towards Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty on Celebrity Big Brother in the UK.

'Unbelievable'

According to The Sun newspaper, scenes showing Goody being told of her diagnosis were not broadcast at the time and will not be shown in India.

Show bosses have yet to decide whether she will be replaced on the programme.

Shetty, who hosts the Indian show, said: "It is unbelievable, how life is so unpredictable and finds a way to distract and derail you from your plans.

"My prayers are with Jade, her family in this hour, when they face one of the biggest tests of their life in times ahead.

"I pray she comes out of this soon and stronger with happy memories from this country."

Cervical cancer develops from cells lining the neck of the womb.

It is the second most common cancer in women under the age of 35 in the UK. There are around 2,700 new cases each year.

Puts it into perspective

Our Nail Loney

youngfella

cant stand this bitch, but i wouldnt wish this on anyone
Pull hard and early

Minder

The cynic in me would hope this is not used to resurrect her "career" but i wouldnt be surprised if we have a Hello "World Exclusive"...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

red hander

Quote from: Minder on August 19, 2008, 10:26:38 AM
The cynic in me would hope this is not used to resurrect her "career" but i wouldnt be surprised if we have a Hello "World Exclusive"...........

My thoughts exactly when I heard about this

donalmac99

so is the fat racist pig leaving the house for treatment or is this a made up ploy by her pr machine.

if she has it i hope she beats it, however i still despise her.

full back

Jaysus lads,
Even her PR machine wouldnt go that low, would they?
(I say her PR machine, because if it is a ploy Jade Goody wouldnt think of doing this)

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

She has allegedley given her consent to Endemol (programme makers of Big Brother India) to air coverage of the moment she is told she has cancer, make your own mind up........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

youngfella

I guess shes not faking it, http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20080924/ten-jade-cancer-spreads-ea4616c.html as much as dont like her hate to see this horrible spread in anyone
Pull hard and early