Co. Board/Garvaghey/Harte etc (A thread for Thebigdog & southtyronegael)

Started by Snapchap, November 28, 2017, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 13, 2017, 02:48:14 PM
Ladies should look to abandon themselves (LGFA) in 2018 and bring a motion to congress requesting come under the GAA umbrella for 2019 with equality at the base of the proposal. Problem solved.

The LGFA charge clubs extortionate affiliation fees compared to the GAA then when the look to use the GAA and have to pay they scream discrimination. Now Tyrone ladies have the begging bowl out looking another handout by clubs regardless if they have a ladies team or not. As a man once said you can't have your cake and eat it.

Aye you make some good points but lack of respect and inequality from GAA towards Ladies in Tyrone is shocking

Knock Yer Mucker In

we have become very messy, no tightness, all back stabbing

longballin

Treatment of Ladies football right through to youth and treatment of Roisin Jordan shows misogyny alive and well in Co Tyrone.

Therealdonald

r
Quote from: longballin on December 13, 2017, 04:11:49 PM
Treatment of Ladies football right through to youth and treatment of Roisin Jordan shows misogyny alive and well in Co Tyrone.

I think its a problem in more areas than just Tyrone. Look at Wimbledon and its prize money. Golf the same. Is the charging of the women supported by Club Tyrone though? Its basically their money that is running Garvaghey. If they are happy with how things are being done then thats the problem.

lenny

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 13, 2017, 05:50:44 PM
r
Quote from: longballin on December 13, 2017, 04:11:49 PM

I think its a problem in more areas than just Tyrone. Look at Wimbledon and its prize money. Golf the same. Is the charging of the women supported by Club Tyrone though? Its basically their money that is running Garvaghey. If they are happy with how things are being done then thats the problem.

Lol at wimbledon men and women get equal prize money. You need to pick a better example because women are obviously favoured in this situation because their games only last 3 sets max and men's tennis is more popular.

Therealdonald

lenny

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 13, 2017, 06:31:57 PM
That makes no sense Lenny.

You're trying to say tyrone aren't the only ones who don't treat women equally and you use wimbledon as an example. The problem is wimbledon do treat women equally, they've had equal prize money there for years. Totally undermines your argument.

Tyrone Gaa

Ladies Only: Question

Why are the Ladies accounts not released to the public and the clubs that invest in the setup? they must be handed back at the end of the evening - what have they got to hide?
Living the dream!!!

southtyronegael

well i hope roisin jordan and her solicitor act now to find out the identity of the person or persons who sent this email. to think that someone involved in a football team would try to undermine a county chairperson for their own gain is just plain wrong and very dangerous. they should be named and shamed.

longballin

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 13, 2017, 10:49:12 PM
well i hope roisin jordan and her solicitor act now to find out the identity of the person or persons who sent this email. to think that someone involved in a football team would try to undermine a county chairperson for their own gain is just plain wrong and very dangerous. they should be named and shamed.

was an anonymous email set up for that purpose unlikely perpetrator will be outed. Is a suspect but suspicion aint enough

southtyronegael

well im sure if legal action is taken then newstalk radio station will have to furnish full details of the email address and an ip address can be got too. should lead them straight to whoever sent it.

ladies only

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 13, 2017, 08:49:02 PM

Why are the Ladies accounts not released to the public and the clubs that invest in the setup? they must be handed back at the end of the evening - what have they got to hide?

I fully agree Tyrone, the ladies accounts are a disgrace, Raymond produces fully, clear audited accounts, there def is something not right but Clubs should just hold on to accounts surely. Is it not their right. I would hope accounts are audited if they are not they should be with over 100k going through the books.,its really a business. The Treasurer should be an accountant

The Sweeper.com

Brian Mc Guigan and Dermot Carlin in along with Paul Devlin over U20's I heard.

Can anyone verify?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: The Sweeper.com on December 14, 2017, 08:42:32 AM
Brian Mc Guigan and Dermot Carlin in along with Paul Devlin over U20's I heard.

Can anyone verify?

Roisin Jordan announced that Paul Devlin is appointed manager of the u20 side and will be supported by Dermot Carlin. And then she said subject to County Committee approval.

That shows what's thought of the County Committee, decision has been made and confirmed.
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: ladies only on December 14, 2017, 07:15:46 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 13, 2017, 08:49:02 PM

I fully agree Tyrone, the ladies accounts are a disgrace, Raymond produces fully, clear audited accounts, there def is something not right but Clubs should just hold on to accounts surely. Is it not their right. I would hope accounts are audited if they are not they should be with over 100k going through the books.,its really a business. The Treasurer should be an accountant

There is so much wrong with the way ladies football is run, no accountability how money is spent, if everything was aligned all the finances would sit in the 1 pot to the benefit of all.

If the ladies spent 13k on Garvaghy, how much was spent on other training venues? And if clubs agree to pay £200 more will that encourage ladies to use garvaghy full time costing a lot more than 13k so next year clubs might have to pay £500??

On Raymond's presentation I was staggered to note the coaching costs for the County teams £145k wonder how much of that Mr Harte received.
Living the dream!!!