Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 21, 2018, 09:16:54 AM
Quote from: Taylor on May 21, 2018, 08:58:47 AM
The interview is a bit of craic ans shows some personality to the players.

Of more concern is how much the players actually want to win. Where is the will? There were no leaders to drag us over the line. MH doesnt seem to have instilled any steel in them.

His tactics are questionable and his man management even moreso.

I have always defended MH but yesterday leaves me questioning his tenure for the first time ever

Where is the will to win from the players??  Thats very harsh.  I think people aren't giving Monaghan enough credit here either.  Looking at some of the posts on here, Tyrone supporters are almost like Manchester United fans in thinking that their team should be swatting every opposition aside playing entertaining, swashbuckling football.  Monaghan are a very very decent team and as yesterday showed, they have a strong panel with subs having a big impact on the game.  O'Rourke is a top top manager as well as how he has developed Monaghan since he took them over is one of the most impressive transitions in modern day football. 

Tyrone kicked 1-16 yesterday.  One goal and sixteen points, its right kicking in 70 minutes yet people here think we are too negative

Monaghan where the better team on the day, it was a game between 2 teams currently amongst the top 5 teams in Ireland.  They could play again this weekend and Tyrone could beat them, there is very little between the two teams.   

The hysteria on here when Tyrone lose a game is Manchester Unitedesq as I have said.

Tyrone will still get to super 8's, there arent too many counties outside the top 4 or 5 teams who will / can beat them.  Put your pads back on lads.

Will to win is key in games against top opposition and can normally be the difference between winning and losing.

MH has always instilled this in his team as per evidence down the years.

Yesterday it simply wasnt there.

A player openly questioning his decision making.

Starting players who were clearly injured. How would this help him make the players believe in something.

Something just isnt right and for you to reckon its just hysteria and like Utd fans is just lazy and actually burying your head in the sand

Christmas Lights

Quote from: trailer on May 21, 2018, 09:31:18 AM
Harte has lost the team by the looks of it. Even setting aside RO'N's strop, Tyrone conceded 1-18 with their 'defensive system' - that's shocking. It looks like the players are simply doing their own thing. Also while Monaghan were very good, the fact Tyrone constantly gave away scoreable frees for Beggan to stroke over, just showed a complete lack of discipline.
Niall Morgan had another poor day at the office. MF didn't help him to be fair, but coming up to kick that free really put the tin hat on things.
Outside of Skeet very few won their own personal battles. 2nd best all round I'm afraid and if the draw is unkind it'll be a short summer.

I hate to say Harte out, as that's just lazy and Monaghan were a serious animal yesterday but perhaps he has taken this group as far as he can?

OK but who is good enough to replace him?  The only person I can see is O'Rourke.  He is currently the best manager in Ireland but currently tied up with you, the team that beat Tyrone yesterday. 

Is there anyone in Tyrone who can manage this team better than Harte?  I see a lot of Harte out campaigners but I see nobody offering a viable alternative...........maybe because there isn't one? 

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Taylor on May 21, 2018, 09:36:09 AM

Of more concern is how much the players actually want to win. Where is the will? There were no leaders to drag us over the line. MH doesnt seem to have instilled any steel in them.

I have always defended MH but yesterday leaves me questioning his tenure for the first time ever

Where is the will to win from the players??  Thats very harsh.  I think people aren't giving Monaghan enough credit here either.  Looking at some of the posts on here, Tyrone supporters are almost like Manchester United fans in thinking that their team should be swatting every opposition aside playing entertaining, swashbuckling football.  Monaghan are a very very decent team and as yesterday showed, they have a strong panel with subs having a big impact on the game.  O'Rourke is a top top manager as well as how he has developed Monaghan since he took them over is one of the most impressive transitions in modern day football. 

Tyrone kicked 1-16 yesterday.  One goal and sixteen points, its right kicking in 70 minutes yet people here think we are too negative

Monaghan where the better team on the day, it was a game between 2 teams currently amongst the top 5 teams in Ireland.  They could play again this weekend and Tyrone could beat them, there is very little between the two teams.   

The hysteria on here when Tyrone lose a game is Manchester Unitedesq as I have said.

Tyrone will still get to super 8's, there arent too many counties outside the top 4 or 5 teams who will / can beat them.  Put your pads back on lads.

Will to win is key in games against top opposition and can normally be the difference between winning and losing.

Starting players who were clearly injured. How would this help him make the players believe in something.

Something just isnt right and for you to reckon its just hysteria and like Utd fans is just lazy and actually burying your head in the sand

On this point, said player can teardrop all he like he front of the crowd to Mickey Harte, fact is that he was put into the game and offered NOTHING for 40 minutes. 
Got his chance, didn't take it.  Suppose thats Harte's fault is it?   

Taylor

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 21, 2018, 09:42:05 AM
Quote from: Taylor on May 21, 2018, 09:36:09 AM

On this point, said player can teardrop all he like he front of the crowd to Mickey Harte, fact is that he was put into the game and offered NOTHING for 40 minutes. 
Got his chance, didn't take it.  Suppose thats Harte's fault is it?

Easy option and easy scapegoat to blame.

Problems were further out the field. Why werent these addressed?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 21, 2018, 09:38:50 AM
Harte has lost the team by the looks of it. Even setting aside RO'N's strop, Tyrone conceded 1-18 with their 'defensive system' - that's shocking. It looks like the players are simply doing their own thing. Also while Monaghan were very good, the fact Tyrone constantly gave away scoreable frees for Beggan to stroke over, just showed a complete lack of discipline.
Niall Morgan had another poor day at the office. MF didn't help him to be fair, but coming up to kick that free really put the tin hat on things.
Outside of Skeet very few won their own personal battles. 2nd best all round I'm afraid and if the draw is unkind it'll be a short summer.

I hate to say Harte out, as that's just lazy and Monaghan were a serious animal yesterday but perhaps he has taken this group as far as he can?

OK but who is good enough to replace him?  The only person I can see is O'Rourke.  He is currently the best manager in Ireland but currently tied up with you, the team that beat Tyrone yesterday. 

Is there anyone in Tyrone who can manage this team better than Harte?  I see a lot of Harte out campaigners but I see nobody offering a viable alternative...........maybe because there isn't one?

That discussion needs to take place, the unfortunate thing is when Mickey requested a 2 year extended stay as county manager the balloons in Garvaghy give him 3. I'm led to believe that this is reviewed and can still be ended if the support is there to do so. I'd like to see a county representative to bring this to the table, put it out to the clubs. Not now but as soon as we exit the championship.

I believe he has lost the dressing room, I don't think he's had it for a few years, perhaps Sean Cavanagh's book may tell more but him as Mickey's captain to think so lowly of the enforced tactics can only make you think there are major issues.
Living the dream!!!

TROUSERS

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 21, 2018, 09:49:36 AM

That discussion needs to take place, the unfortunate thing is when Mickey requested a 2 year extended stay as county manager the balloons in Garvaghy give him 3. I'm led to believe that this is reviewed and can still be ended if the support is there to do so. I'd like to see a county representative to bring this to the table, put it out to the clubs. Not now but as soon as we exit the championship.

I believe he has lost the dressing room, I don't think he's had it for a few years, perhaps Sean Cavanagh's book may tell more but him as Mickey's captain to think so lowly of the enforced tactics can only make you think there are major issues.

Clubs put Harte in for three years.

Kyle Coney should still be on the squad on Club form.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: TROUSERS on May 21, 2018, 09:55:35 AM

No no you're wrong, I have this on good authority. Club delegates were asked the question about renewing Harte and he overwhelmingly won that vote with only 4 clubs suggesting to seek a new manager. That ended the clubs role in the discussion. You then have the likes of Mickey Harvey and Petesy Kennedy stepping in with their own agenda and got the backing from other DELEGATES (not clubs) to give him 3 years or as and when he decides to call it a day.
Living the dream!!!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 21, 2018, 10:07:16 AM

No no you're wrong, I have this on good authority. Club delegates were asked the question about renewing Harte and he overwhelmingly won that vote with only 4 clubs suggesting to seek a new manager. That ended the clubs role in the discussion. You then have the likes of Mickey Harvey and Petesy Kennedy stepping in with their own agenda and got the backing from other DELEGATES (not clubs) to give him 3 years or as and when he decides to call it a day.

Mickey Harvey and Petesy Kennedy have done brilliant things for Tyrone football this past number of years so thats highly offensive to say they have their own agendas.

tiempo

In one of Mickeys books he writes of his frustration in his playing days that when things were going wrong out the field the manager would hook a corner forward (him). And there he goes and does the exact same yesterday but to a lad he brought on as a sub. Tiernan McCann is not a top class wing back either, defending or attacking, GAA anthlete aye, footballer no.

trailer

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 21, 2018, 10:16:36 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 21, 2018, 10:07:16 AM

OK but who is good enough to replace him? The only person I can see is O'Rourke.  He is currently the best manager in Ireland but currently tied up with you, the team that beat Tyrone yesterday. 

Mickey Harvey and Petesy Kennedy have done brilliant things for Tyrone football this past number of years so thats highly offensive to say they have their own agendas.

That's a good question and one I don't have an answer to. But it's 10 years since we won an AI and a lot of good players have come and gone. Maybe it's time we had the conversation around succession.

Tyrone Gaa

I'm going to assume you have seen Kyle more than me this year but from what I have seen I couldn't disagree more.  The lad has absolutely no work rate, give him the ball he is accurate and can kick a score but he will give you nothing else, his attitude is sulky if things are going badly he isn't one that will step forward looking to bring the fight.  Skeet yesterday was excellent he put in a real shift, Coney isn't capable of doing that.  Shay McGuigan is a different story, there's a footballer with something to offer but I don't think he would entertain a county call up.
Living the dream!!!

outsideoftheboot

Monaghan by far better team yesterday. Tyrone seemed lost on kickouts, both our own and monaghans kickouts. Monaghan looked better drilled and knew what they were at. Much credit to Malachy O'Rourke. Can only name skeet as a player who played well for tyrone.

Back door isn't the end of the world. More games could build momentum and get game time for other players on the panel. Would like to see Hugh pat and Mckernan starting. Mattie and harte very quiet. For supposedly the teams 2 biggest leaders they need to step up on the big days. The team need to stand up for harte and the attention he gets on the field.

SuperHo

Apparently Hart had the groundsmen cut the grass extra short around the 45s to make it more difficult for beggan kickin long range frees. That went well.

Its irrelevant who takes over from Hart. The next boy in will no doubt crash and burn but sweet jebus do we just drag on forever?  I had tickets, can nearly see the pitch from the front door but could not be arsed going to watch it.  Glad I didn't. As for super 8s, lets see what happens in the draw. When is it?

BIGONE

I'm confused. What has Petesy Kennedy done for Tyrone football in last 10 years?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: SuperHo on May 21, 2018, 11:31:32 AM

Apparently Hart had the groundsmen cut the grass extra short around the 45s to make it more difficult for beggan kickin long range frees. That went well.

Its irrelevant who takes over from Hart. The next boy in will no doubt crash and burn but sweet jebus do we just drag on forever?  I had tickets, can nearly see the pitch from the front door but could not be arsed going to watch it.  Glad I didn't. As for super 8s, lets see what happens in the draw. When is it?

You're a strange one
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either