Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driveherin

Who cares!? Move on rather than living in the past

Snapchap

Quote from: vallankumous on November 23, 2017, 02:19:35 PM
I see men like Ciaran McLaughlin retweeting British security forces recruitment advertisements

Is this for real? Link?

Tyrone Gaa

For me, I don't think we should refer to the PSNI as British Security Forces or working for the crown (it's not helpful). Them days are gone and the fact we have officers showing an interest in playing proves that. I would be happy to play football alongside a PSNI officer providing he is happy to embrace the GAA and it's cultutal identity such as the anthem, flag etc etc, I wouldn't be in favor of watering down traditions to facilitate others. I know clubs and counties with Protestant members and that only strengthens our games. We should be an open door promoting our games and culture such as scor.

If a PSNI officer can kick points or score goals I'd have him at my club.
Living the dream!!!

redhandefender

I don't like cops whether they be PSNI/Guards or whatever. I think its a last chance saloon career for most which generally means they aren't the most intelligence bunch, especially in this part of Ireland. However, they are a necessary evil and as such  I think GAA clubs need to be more welcoming if a man wants to play football.

People going on about working for the crown sounds so archaic, Nurses, Civil Servants, Firemen, Teachers etc all technically work for the crown so I think that's nonsense.

There will obviously be clubs deeply deeply entrenched and it will take a while yet for them to accept the PSNI. But they will have to at some point!

GJL

Should Bellaghy accept the PSNI? Their chairman was brutally murdered at the gates of the club by loyalists who were assisted by the local police. Right up until this year the PSNI refuses to assist in a proper manner in any efforts at an investigation or produce papers that are demanded of them at the coroner's court.

Bendyerback

Quote from: GJL on November 23, 2017, 05:06:38 PM
Should Bellaghy accept the PSNI? Their chairman was brutally murdered at the gates of the club by loyalists who were assisted by the local police. Right up until this year the PSNI refuses to assist in a proper manner in any efforts at an investigation or produce papers that are demanded of them at the coroner's court.
Cover ups and collusion are words we can't mention or we will be accused of living in the past.
Some would rather dissolve our identity to accommodate those who make little or no concessions when it comes to accommodating the GAA.
Sean Browns case is a prime example that thentime is not right.
If they (the British crown forces) don't think its time to assist the Brown family, then they should not be facilitated by the GAA

square_ball

Take this to another thread lads. What's this got to do with Tyrone club football?

driveherin

driveherin

RIGHT, LETS GET BACK TO THIS. SURELY A FEW BLANKS CAN BE FILLED IN NOW?

Aghaloo O'Neill's - same man apparently?
Aghyaran Saint Davog's - 
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa - Gavin Wylie, Horse, McKeown
Augher St Macartan's - Eamonn Kavanagh
Beragh Red Knights
Brackaville Owen Roes -
Brocagh Emmetts -
Carrickmore St Colmcille's - Ray Munroe, Ronan McGarrity, Peter Loughran
Castlederg St Eugene's
Clann na Gael
Clogher Eire óg
Clonoe O'Rahilly's - Mick O'Dowd
Coalisland Fianna - McKeever, Gilligan,
Cookstown Fr.Rocks
Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's
Derrytresk Fir a'Chnoic -
Donaghmore St Patrick's - Gary and Richard Hetherington
Dregish Pearse óg
Dromore St Dympna's - Ciaran Meenagh
Drumquin Wolfe Tone's
Drumragh Sarsfield's
Dungannon Thomas Clarkes -
Edendork St Malachy's - Damian Barton
Eglish St Patrick's - Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran - Pascal C,Tiffy Quinn, F Devlin
Eskra Emmett's -
Fintona Na Piarsaigh
Galbally Pearse's -
Glenelly St Joseph's
Gortin St Patrick's
Greencastle St Patrick's -
Kildress Wolfe Tone's - Damien Kelly
Killeeshil St. Mary's
Killyclogher St Mary's - Dom Corrigan, Fergal McCann
Killyman St Mary's -
Loughmacrory St Teresa's -
Moortown St Malachy's -
Moy Tír na nóg - Audi Kelly
Newtownstewart St Eugene's
Omagh St Enda's -  Paddy Crozier I assume
Owen Roe O'Neill's - Barry Tracey?
Pomeroy Plunketts - Brian McGuckin
Rock St Patrick's -
Stewartstown Harps -
Strabane Sigerson's -
Tattyreagh St Patrick's - Ferguson/McHugh I assume?
Trillick St Macartan's -
Urney St Colmcille's -

The Trap

Sean Cavanagh great player and all but what a load of bull in the paper today. He hardly ever tried a leg for the club and now when they get to the Ulster final it is the greatest thing ever! #Loves the glory

vallankumous

Quote from: The Trap on November 24, 2017, 12:56:19 PM
Sean Cavanagh great player and all but what a load of bull in the paper today. He hardly ever tried a leg for the club and now when they get to the Ulster final it is the greatest thing ever! #Loves the glory

His role with Tyrone did have an impact for sure but it's unfair to say he never tried with Moy. It's a lot to ask of any player in the modern game.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: The Trap on November 24, 2017, 12:56:19 PM

What a load of crap. Consistently the Moy's top scorer over the last 15 years, no other play on the team would come close. In and out of the team along with 3 or 4 other top players would cause a lot of disruption to any small club with limited numbers.

tothetop03

Very Hard to balance club and County Football in all fairness.....Sean Cavanagh has been good for the Moy anytime i seen him play......do you all think Moy is a small club??? They have a decent size of a village and surrounding area imo....

clarshack

Quote from: tothetop03 on November 24, 2017, 01:14:04 PM
Very Hard to balance club and County Football in all fairness.....Sean Cavanagh has been good for the Moy anytime i seen him play......do you all think Moy is a small club??? They have a decent size of a village and surrounding area imo....

No

Tyrone Gaa

I think the moy are a small club. It's hardly the biggest catchment area in Tyrone. I have never seen them compete at grade 1 in any underage competition (open to correction). I think they produced some Tyrone legends but haven't produced a great 15. They yo-yo'd for a few years in and out of senior without any major impact bar that semi final run.
Living the dream!!!