Author Topic: Co. Board/Garvaghey etc  (Read 9914 times)

redhandefender

• View Profile
Re: Co. Board/Garvaghey etc
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2017, 02:01:07 PM »
Can I ask if anyone knows the answer to this? Genuinely interested. It was stated last night that HMRC claim that anyone outside Official GAA must pay for the use of Garvaghey hence the ladies must pay. Why or how can the HMRC enforce this? Surely, Tyrone GAA can decide who and how much they charge for use of their facilities?

a) Club Tyrone is registered as a charity and therefore we benefit from thousands in gift aid paid back from HMRC every year.

b) Given the subsidies involved grants etc I gather we have plenty of tax breaks in our payments to them. They can enforce by cutting these or enforcing by claiming we actually owe them more and hitting them with a bill for unpaid tax.

c) Clubs pay because they are part of Tyrone GAA. They don't have and this could not be legally enforced but I  gather most want to be part of the association and a paying member. I think a few clubs refused to pay in the past but eventually did

Club Tyrone hand over the funds to the Tyrone GAA for use, it is the Tyrone GAA who decide where Club Tyrone money goes or is used, many members of club Tyrone have only realised over the past year that their funds don't cover all the gaels of the county, ie camogs or lady footballers, several have contacted ladies county players about this and will be demanding a % of funds raised goes to ladies and camogs FACT. Clubs are forced to pay to use Garvaghey even though they are members of Tyrone GAA ask any of them who use the facility. FACT

Alright Rafa, do you understand the reason as to why they are charged? What is your solution? simple

redhandefender

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2017, 02:04:22 PM »
Can I ask if anyone knows the answer to this? Genuinely interested. It was stated last night that HMRC claim that anyone outside Official GAA must pay for the use of Garvaghey hence the ladies must pay. Why or how can the HMRC enforce this? Surely, Tyrone GAA can decide who and how much they charge for use of their facilities?

a) Club Tyrone is registered as a charity and therefore we benefit from thousands in gift aid paid back from HMRC every year.

b) Given the subsidies involved grants etc I gather we have plenty of tax breaks in our payments to them. They can enforce by cutting these or enforcing by claiming we actually owe them more and hitting them with a bill for unpaid tax.

c) Clubs pay because they are part of Tyrone GAA. They don't have and this could not be legally enforced but I  gather most want to be part of the association and a paying member. I think a few clubs refused to pay in the past but eventually did

Club Tyrone hand over the funds to the Tyrone GAA for use, it is the Tyrone GAA who decide where Club Tyrone money goes or is used, many members of club Tyrone have only realised over the past year that their funds don't cover all the gaels of the county, ie camogs or lady footballers, several have contacted ladies county players about this and will be demanding a % of funds raised goes to ladies and camogs FACT. Clubs are forced to pay to use Garvaghey even though they are members of Tyrone GAA ask any of them who use the facility. FACT

And I was talking about annual payments towards the county keeping garvaghey not using the actual field, of course they have to pay. I'm sure several have contacted the the county board and more will because of how the ladies are playing this off in the media.

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2017, 02:48:14 PM »
Ladies should look to abandon themselves (LGFA) in 2018 and bring a motion to congress requesting come under the GAA umbrella for 2019 with equality at the base of the proposal. Problem solved.

The LGFA charge clubs extortionate affiliation fees compared to the GAA then when the look to use the GAA and have to pay they scream discrimination. Now Tyrone ladies have the begging bowl out looking another handout by clubs regardless if they have a ladies team or not. As a man once said you canít have your cake and eat it.
Living the dream!!!

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2017, 03:13:04 PM »
Ladies should look to abandon themselves (LGFA) in 2018 and bring a motion to congress requesting come under the GAA umbrella for 2019 with equality at the base of the proposal. Problem solved.

The LGFA charge clubs extortionate affiliation fees compared to the GAA then when the look to use the GAA and have to pay they scream discrimination. Now Tyrone ladies have the begging bowl out looking another handout by clubs regardless if they have a ladies team or not. As a man once said you canít have your cake and eat it.

Aye you make some good points but lack of respect and inequality from GAA towards Ladies in Tyrone is shocking

Knock Yer Mucker In

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2017, 04:09:43 PM »
we have become very messy, no tightness, all back stabbing

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2017, 04:11:49 PM »
Treatment of Ladies football right through to youth and treatment of Roisin Jordan shows misogyny alive and well in Co Tyrone.

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2017, 05:50:44 PM »
r
Treatment of Ladies football right through to youth and treatment of Roisin Jordan shows misogyny alive and well in Co Tyrone.

I think its a problem in more areas than just Tyrone. Look at Wimbledon and its prize money. Golf the same. Is the charging of the women supported by Club Tyrone though? Its basically their money that is running Garvaghey. If they are happy with how things are being done then thats the problem.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2017, 06:17:10 PM »
r

I think its a problem in more areas than just Tyrone. Look at Wimbledon and its prize money. Golf the same. Is the charging of the women supported by Club Tyrone though? Its basically their money that is running Garvaghey. If they are happy with how things are being done then thats the problem.

Lol at wimbledon men and women get equal prize money. You need to pick a better example because women are obviously favoured in this situation because their games only last 3 sets max and men's tennis is more popular.

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2017, 06:31:57 PM »
That makes no sense Lenny.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 13, 2017, 08:04:39 PM »
That makes no sense Lenny.

You're trying to say tyrone aren't the only ones who don't treat women equally and you use wimbledon as an example. The problem is wimbledon do treat women equally, they've had equal prize money there for years. Totally undermines your argument.

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2017, 08:49:02 PM »
Ladies Only: Question

Why are the Ladies accounts not released to the public and the clubs that invest in the setup? they must be handed back at the end of the evening - what have they got to hide?
Living the dream!!!

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2017, 10:49:12 PM »
well i hope roisin jordan and her solicitor act now to find out the identity of the person or persons who sent this email. to think that someone involved in a football team would try to undermine a county chairperson for their own gain is just plain wrong and very dangerous. they should be named and shamed.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2017, 11:08:30 PM »
well i hope roisin jordan and her solicitor act now to find out the identity of the person or persons who sent this email. to think that someone involved in a football team would try to undermine a county chairperson for their own gain is just plain wrong and very dangerous. they should be named and shamed.

was an anonymous email set up for that purpose unlikely perpetrator will be outed. Is a suspect but suspicion aint enough

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2017, 11:19:33 PM »
well im sure if legal action is taken then newstalk radio station will have to furnish full details of the email address and an ip address can be got too. should lead them straight to whoever sent it.