2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 27, 2018, 08:26:41 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 27, 2018, 02:08:28 PM
GAA Smart, we're not "getting excited" that we're in a league final. We're just pleased with the progress being made. True supporters will follow a team through thick and thin. We hit rock bottom last year, and we're pleased that we're on the way back up again. I hate that cynical attitude that a lot of ye have. Some good progress is being made and all involved deserve our support. We're all in this together as being part of the Laois GAA community. If they players had the same attitude some of ye have, half of them wouldn't have turned up this year as "it's only division 4". We'd be in some mess then. If you only support us and go to matches when we're managed by Micko and in Leinster finals, well you're not a true supporter really are you. We need all the support we can get Sunday and in this years championship. It really does make a difference when a game is tight. I've seen us lose in recent years when the other team has a 16th man cheering them on, outnumbering us by about 10 to 1. It's that kind of attitude that has us outnumbered.

So your only a supporter if you put with any old crap thrown at you, listen to yourself the bandwagon is what this county needs.  I don't care when they started following Laois hopefully supporters do get carried away by a league final and are hungry for more success because if what's happened over the last few years is a qualification to be a supporter then you would want locking up.  Roll on the band wagon bring cash we need it.
I've never seen a bandwagon I didn't want to be on

Unlaoised

Quote from: Tony on March 27, 2018, 04:22:20 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on March 27, 2018, 02:21:36 PM
Might be better to go Saturday but I suppose if you wear blue and white you could get away with supporting Cavan :-) ;-)
If Cavan were playing that might be a good idea mate, they're playing the next day. It's us, carlow, armagh and fermanagh on sat. :P

I know that but you said your going Sunday in your previous post  :P :P :P
LAOIS ABÚ

From the Terrace

Im of the opinion sugrue has made progress. Looking over previous seasons now Laois cannot take any team for granted. I think Carlow will be a bigger test this week with two our best forwards likely to be missing. At the start of the season i would of been happy with promotion and a championship win against Wexford. This a momentum changing game win and spirits are up for championship. I dont want to think of alternative but it is a big possibilty as this carlow team on the road longer than us.

portlaoisekid

I expect Laois to win this one with a few points to spare, as low as we have fallen there's nothing to suggest we cant go out in Croke Park and beat them. We need to bully them from the first second and don't give them a chance to settle, they seem to think its a matter of turning up to win this. We are no great shakes but jaysus lads we are making Carlow out to be a top 4 team .

Its time Laois played well for the full 70 and I really fancy us to do a job on Carlow.
Laois 2-10 Carlow 0-10

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: portlaoisekid on March 28, 2018, 08:29:56 AM
I expect Laois to win this one with a few points to spare, as low as we have fallen there's nothing to suggest we cant go out in Croke Park and beat them. We need to bully them from the first second and don't give them a chance to settle, they seem to think its a matter of turning up to win this. We are no great shakes but jaysus lads we are making Carlow out to be a top 4 team .

Its time Laois played well for the full 70 and I really fancy us to do a job on Carlow.
Laois 2-10 Carlow 0-10

Your from Portlaoise you don't understand this mentality, firstly you build Carlow up and when you do beat them claim a victory similar to beating one of the super 8.  Anyone honestly think Carlow are going to beat us Saturday.  If so I can only imagine what Kildare, Tipperary or Clare would do to us.  Laois will beat Carlow on Saturday same as last Sunday and before you go on with the drum "if's" win nothing. Carlow had every chance last Sunday mainly down to Laois freezing in front and they could not take it.

From the Terrace

Laois & Carlow are probably ranked between 20 - 24 at the minute. Im not bigging up Carlow on form from last years championship they were better than us thats all im saying. I hope we beat them out the gate but can see another big struggle ahead.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: From the Terrace on March 28, 2018, 08:48:07 AM
Laois & Carlow are probably ranked between 20 - 24 at the minute. Im not bigging up Carlow on form from last years championship they were better than us thats all im saying. I hope we beat them out the gate but can see another big struggle ahead.

I think you hit the nail on the head, I might rate both of them slightly higher but Carlow are at 100%, Laois are operating below this.  Donie Kingston was maybe worth 0-6 points last year this year he has yet to hit form.  I think he will at some point, it's akin to Donegal without Murphy.  I was impressed by Carlow tackling last Sunday, Laois should take note.  Their formation is limited in where it can go, but some of our decision making when we lose concentration is cat. 

GAA-SMART

Quote from: Don Draper on March 27, 2018, 12:53:37 PM
Quote from: GAA-SMART on March 27, 2018, 12:33:43 PM
I see Laois GAA put up a video of past glories and how we are getting excited for the weekend lets take a reality pill folks  If anyone in Laois is getting excited about a Division 4 final they have very little to be worrying about. Its a shambles that Laois were ever in D4. Effectively scrapping past Carlow, London& Waterford along with conceeding 3 goals against Leitrim, Where is the ambition gone? Showing the videos of the past, being in D1 and Leinster Championships is ridiculous. Understand Laois on a road to recovery but I wont be celebrating a D4 win I can assure you. It is purely expected at minimum. Next year is where we start seeing where Laois are at, and the year after that, year after that...
Arrah would you f**k off you dry auld fecker. These players need to make their own history. Past glories in Laois are fleeting, we think we're this superpower in hibernation, we've spent far more time at the bottom of hill/halfway up than we have at the top. Not even an f**king All Ireland to our name. Jesus, where would we be got.

Either youve missed my point or are just a thick- My point is exactly that- why are we showing past glories when we are so far away from it. I expect a D4 win at minimum does not make me dry it makes me know there is bigger things to be done down the long road we have infront of us.

Don Draper

Quote from: GAA-SMART on March 28, 2018, 12:07:22 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on March 27, 2018, 12:53:37 PM
Quote from: GAA-SMART on March 27, 2018, 12:33:43 PM
I see Laois GAA put up a video of past glories and how we are getting excited for the weekend lets take a reality pill folks  If anyone in Laois is getting excited about a Division 4 final they have very little to be worrying about. Its a shambles that Laois were ever in D4. Effectively scrapping past Carlow, London& Waterford along with conceeding 3 goals against Leitrim, Where is the ambition gone? Showing the videos of the past, being in D1 and Leinster Championships is ridiculous. Understand Laois on a road to recovery but I wont be celebrating a D4 win I can assure you. It is purely expected at minimum. Next year is where we start seeing where Laois are at, and the year after that, year after that...
Arrah would you f**k off you dry auld fecker. These players need to make their own history. Past glories in Laois are fleeting, we think we're this superpower in hibernation, we've spent far more time at the bottom of hill/halfway up than we have at the top. Not even an f**king All Ireland to our name. Jesus, where would we be got.

Either youve missed my point or are just a thick- My point is exactly that- why are we showing past glories when we are so far away from it. I expect a D4 win at minimum does not make me dry it makes me know there is bigger things to be done down the long road we have infront of us.
No, you're dry because you've no f**king joy in your soul. Let them get excited, we bitch and moan about people not coming out to support our players, and then we bitch and moan about the CB trying to drum up some good feeling.
I think we're a county of bitchers and moaners really.

GAA-SMART

If your comfortable with that view I have no problem with that, I clearly just have a higher standard than yourself. No doubt you're probably involved in the CB and were apart of the shambles of the last 5 years or more

High Fielder

I can't stand reading this bullshit about our supposed seniority to Carlow. We beat them and they missed a couple of golden chances. They have every reason to believe they can beat us Saturday. I don't know where this inflated opinion of Laois either past or present comes from and I'm grateful someone with a brain like John Sugrue won't buy into this crap. The reality is that nobody fears playing Laois and if I were an opposing coach I could certainly see a number of ways that could potentially beat them. We're in Division 4 not solely because of bad coaching.

Don Draper

Quote from: GAA-SMART on March 28, 2018, 12:19:20 PM
If your comfortable with that view I have no problem with that, I clearly just have a higher standard than yourself. No doubt you're probably involved in the CB and were apart of the shambles of the last 5 years or more
Haha, Me? County Board? Have you read any of my posts on here?! f**k off will you and your higher standards. You're the sort who would demand higher standards, but do jack shit to get them. Bitch and moan and complain about how the good old days were so much better, not realising that your good old days were actually shit and the truly good moments were few and far between. Buy a flag or f**k off.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on March 28, 2018, 12:20:32 PM
I can't stand reading this bullshit about our supposed seniority to Carlow. We beat them and they missed a couple of golden chances. They have every reason to believe they can beat us Saturday. I don't know where this inflated opinion of Laois either past or present comes from and I'm grateful someone with a brain like John Sugrue won't buy into this crap. The reality is that nobody fears playing Laois and if I were an opposing coach I could certainly see a number of ways that could potentially beat them. We're in Division 4 not solely because of bad coaching.
Thank God the matches are played on the internet eh.

GAA-SMART

Quote from: Don Draper on March 28, 2018, 12:23:40 PM
Quote from: GAA-SMART on March 28, 2018, 12:19:20 PM
Haha, Me? County Board? Have you read any of my posts on here?! f**k off will you and your higher standards. You're the sort who would demand higher standards, but do jack shit to get them. Bitch and moan and complain about how the good old days were so much better, not realising that your good old days were actually shit and the truly good moments were few and far between. Buy a flag or f**k off.

What do you suggest I do? That I don't already do, Im sure the keyboard warrior that you are would have loads of unique suggestions.. youre some absolute moron in all fairness.. you're probably from Offaly really