GaaGo

Started by gortnaleck, February 26, 2022, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Clubber is such a rip off. €12 for an O'Byrne Cup game is way too much.

My GAAGO GB pass renewed in May last year. Presumably will do the same this year?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

armaghniac

Quote from: thejuice on January 06, 2024, 09:42:12 PMClubber is such a rip off. €12 for an O'Byrne Cup game is way too much.

My GAAGO GB pass renewed in May last year. Presumably will do the same this year?

You can go into the settings and turn off the autorenew, or delete the card number!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

statto

Now the best time to get annual subscription with the league starting although alot of the games are on tg4?12 euro a game would imagine would want to stream at least 8 games over the year so will probably be worth it long term.

RedHand88

Captain Scarlet

Also, how did the GAA promote rugby? If memory serves me there was no press nights in some hurling counties in recent years...the rugby lads have a Captain's Run with all media there and people chatting.

HURLING MEN are very sensitive.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

RedHand88

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 07, 2024, 12:11:06 PMAlso, how did the GAA promote rugby? If memory serves me there was no press nights in some hurling counties in recent years...the rugby lads have a Captain's Run with all media there and people chatting.

HURLING MEN are very sensitive.

"Hurling needs help and we're not getting it. It's just not being promoted. The diamond in our sporting crown that's unique to us and we're not promoting it."

🤢🤢🤢

thewobbler

The only real marketing drive undertaken by county teams (unless fundraising for their holidays) takes place after matches when youngsters can storm the pitch and meet the players. And the use of the term "drive" is wrong, it's   an entirely organic thing that admin/mgt cannot control. But look how successful it.

And the GAA won't thrive in terms of marketing until the stars of the show are made more accessible to the public. A good start to that would be to somehow breakdown or dismiss  the current (and longstanding) ruse that a player who revels in the spotlight is condemned as being too big for his boots unless he delivers 10/10 every week. This is why Clifford is such a rarity. Nobody can misconstrue his performance levels.

Hurling I think would benefit tremendously from personalised helmets. But traditionalists and management teams would likely be aghast at the thought of someone within the ranks having an individual personality.

Hurling and football would each benefit hugely if lads didn't have to be 10 years retired to enjoy a Laochra Gael profile. Why can this (or an equivalent) show not focus on current players? I think we know why. Anyone taking time to do that instead of train would be seen as too big for their boots.

Hurling and football would both benefit from a 15 min morning magazine "skills" show each championship weekend, that runs through top 5 scores, top 5 catches, top 5 hits, top 5 team moves, top 5 saves, top 5 bloopers, and so on. But it would be better again if a handful of players involved vox popped the action. And GAA Go would benefit hugely if they ran this as the filler before coverage started.

Small ideas in the grand scheme of things.

But ultimately I'd expect  reluctance here comes from within the camps, rather than from the marketing people in GAA land.

Captain Scarlet

Exactly, let lads fill their boots a bit too and get a few quid for interviews and appearances.
If children don't see you on a screen these days you may forget it. They also love a stat. My nephew is Liverpool fan and reeled off the career of Xavi Alonso when he was in the mix to take over...he couldn't tell you a thing on most GAA players...

GAAGo is now a good product, but they should have more snappy bits and cut-downs for socials and a youth-focused show.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Rossfan

Taoiseach, Tánaiste and a Senator Lombard in full flow on the anti GAAgo campaign.
Must  be an election soon?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on Today at 06:35:01 PMTaoiseach, Tánaiste and a Senator Lombard in full flow on the anti GAAgo campaign.
Must  be an election soon?

How many games were they at in the last year?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Scarlet

Donal Óg is on the case again. If only he had a slot on Radio 1 every week and a column on RTÉ...

He gives one line to the Christy Ring and then the majority of the piece is giving out about hurling not getting promoted and being on GAAGo...

I bet he couldn't name a London hurler without Google!

The one issue I'd have is that RTÉ are 50% and that is licence fee, and these days state funded. The GAA also gets state funding, so we are paying twice.

Sky didn't get licence fee or any help and their product was top notch.