TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 29, 2018, 09:34:02 AM
i have started watching 'You' on Netflix.
Started off ok, but its got a bit silly already a few episodes in

Have to agree with this. Started great and i thought this would be a show i'd really enjoy. I'm 6 episodes in now and it's on the slide.

Frank_The_Tank

Anyone watch Gold Rush White water on discovery?  Nuts the lengths them boys are going too for Gold but interesting watch
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

cornerback

Quote from: lurganblue on January 09, 2019, 10:07:23 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 29, 2018, 09:34:02 AM
i have started watching 'You' on Netflix.
Started off ok, but its got a bit silly already a few episodes in

Have to agree with this. Started great and i thought this would be a show i'd really enjoy. I'm 6 episodes in now and it's on the slide.

Same!

Watched episodes 7 & 8 last night; it's just not living up to the first few episodes.  I'll stick it out for the last 2 in the series anyway.

AZOffaly

Anyone watch Sunderland Til I did? Behind the scenes from last season when they got relegated to league 1.

themac_23

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 09, 2019, 11:30:10 AM
Anyone watch Sunderland Til I did? Behind the scenes from last season when they got relegated to league 1.

yeah, really enjoyed it, was pretty raw and was fascinating seeing the goings on at a dysfunctional club, found it a better watch than the Man City one although Pep gave more access to the dressing room etc than the Sunderland managers did.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: themac_23 on January 09, 2019, 11:49:08 AM

yeah, really enjoyed it, was pretty raw and was fascinating seeing the goings on at a dysfunctional club, found it a better watch than the Man City one although Pep gave more access to the dressing room etc than the Sunderland managers did.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46802822

Travelling Newcastle fans taunted their rivals during the match by singing "we saw you cry on Netflix".  ;D

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 09, 2019, 12:48:51 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on January 09, 2019, 11:49:08 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46802822

Travelling Newcastle fans taunted their rivals during the match by singing "we saw you cry on Netflix".  ;D
Though Sunderland had the last laugh served cold, they ran out 4 nil winners.

bennydorano

After giving up on it initially recently finished Narcos Mexico, very good. Now half way thru El Chapo S2, can't get enough

screenexile

Watched 'You' on Netflix at the wife's behest and lord it was painful! Like Dexter meets 90210 . . . yeah that bad!

gallsman

True Detective Season 3 has started pretty well.

themac_23

Quote from: gallsman on January 21, 2019, 09:49:26 PM

What's channel it on?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on January 21, 2019, 11:05:36 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 21, 2019, 09:49:26 PM

What's channel it on?

Sky Atlantic, can download the first 3 episodes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Quote from: screenexile on January 21, 2019, 09:55:26 AM
Watched 'You' on Netflix at the wife's behest and lord it was painful! Like Dexter meets 90210 . . . yeah that bad!

Totally agree. Had to leave her to it after 2 episodes. She only lasted another half of 1. Weird, unbelievable shite....similar to Birdbox which was also shite and abandoned halfway through
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

Quote from: bennydorano on January 21, 2019, 09:04:09 AM
After giving up on it initially recently finished Narcos Mexico, very good. Now half way thru El Chapo S2, can't get enough

Agree re Narcos Mexico. Slow start but ended up loving it

Will watch El Chapo now on your recommendation!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bennydorano

Me & the Mrs watched the 1st episode of Sex Education on Netflix last night, hard to explain how bad it is. They've transplanted an American High School set up into rural England somewhere but it stiĺl has US sensibilities. I know I'm not the target demographic and young uns might lap it up, but god it is awful.