Started by Rossfan, December 16, 2018, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

omaghjoe

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 20, 2018, 04:44:05 PM
Don't know how legit this is, but listen to the words.  Ignore the flag behind him.

https://www.facebook.com/JimDowsonUnplugged/videos/619811961797419/UzpfSTUzODAwNzAwNDoxMDE1NjA0Mjc2ODMwMjAwNQ/

While I understand there is a reason for all of the following they are arguably inescapable in modern society but in principal I dont agree with:

excess usury and borrowing
non payment of debt
evictions
vigilante behavior
using this as a political football
cheap political name calling

But I think this guy has hit the nail on the head. If yer man hadn't said he was British the size of furore around this would likely. And if the security company had used a little more restraint and came from Sligo we probably wouldn't be hearing about it at all.

Milltown Row2

I'd love nothing more to stop paying my mortgage, and tell the bank and the credit card company to feck aff. But hey I'm a responsible man who took those payments on and will pay them off..

They were over the top but WTF is all the gurnning for, I could see it if he'd missed 2 months of a mortgage payment but €800,000!!

That should be put in the WTF thread
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2018, 05:11:39 PM
I'd love nothing more to stop paying my mortgage, and tell the bank and the credit card company to feck aff. But hey I'm a responsible man who took those payments on and will pay them off..

They were over the top but WTF is all the gurnning for, I could see it if he'd missed 2 months of a mortgage payment but €800,000!!

I still have sympathy for the sisters though. If hes cnut, then fair enough. I just think there's a point where the poor are treated like shite on your shoe as opposed to Fitzpatrick and the likes. At least Sean Quinn did time.

I actually liked Varadkar alot (I'm a big SF supporter, but the way he has handled this is atrocious.

Hardy

Quote from: Orchard park on December 20, 2018, 05:05:32 PM
Don't know how legit this is, but listen to the words.  Ignore the flag behind him.

https://www.facebook.com/JimDowsonUnplugged/videos/619811961797419/UzpfSTUzODAwNzAwNDoxMDE1NjA0Mjc2ODMwMjAwNQ/

Credit to Jim Dowson.....

I stopped at, "there were no Varadkars in the GPO in 1916". I casually overhear too many racist pricks to make the effort to listen to one deliberately.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 20, 2018, 05:27:29 PM

I still have sympathy for the sisters though. If hes cnut, then fair enough. I just think there's a point where the poor are treated like shite on your shoe as opposed to Fitzpatrick and the likes. At least Sean Quinn did time.

I actually liked Varadkar alot (I'm a big SF supporter, but the way he has handled this is atrocious.

None of it was handled well, and why is anyone surprised the 'poor' get shit on from a high? But no one can say they havent been warned enough times that this was going to happen...

If your man had have kept his mouth shut then no one would have batted an eyelid.. If someone broke into a house and stole €800,000 would they get any sympathy?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dec

I ignored the flag, I couldn't ignore his pronunciation of Connacht.

Orchard park

I only read the script on the link, listened to nothing

omaghjoe

Quote from: Hardy on December 20, 2018, 05:29:07 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on December 20, 2018, 05:05:32 PM

Credit to Jim Dowson.....

I stopped at, "there were no Varadkars in the GPO in 1916". I casually overhear too many racist pricks to make the effort to listen to one deliberately.

Sounds like your deliberately going out of your way to be insulted because you dont like what he has to say

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2018, 05:33:20 PM

None of it was handled well, and why is anyone surprised the 'poor' get shit on from a high? But no one can say they havent been warned enough times that this was going to happen...

If your man had have kept his mouth shut then no one would have batted an eyelid.. If someone broke into a house and stole €800,000 would they get any sympathy?

I just don't understand he opinions of alot on here. It seems we're all around the same age (30-40), either from rural or city places. The vast majority of us have been raised on the dole, or some other mechanism alongside our parents working. We came from nothing, but now we are older and with good jobs, we look down on others. My opinion is, if he can get away with a big VAT bill, fair play to him. Screw the system.

omaghjoe

Holding the line on Brexit is admirable but he reverted to what you'd expect FG. Im no Shinner but his comment to Pearse Doherty was out of line, (betrays his fascist roots perhaps  :P). Goes to show the housing issue is a big thorn in the governments side

Dolph1

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 20, 2018, 06:08:07 PM
Quote from: Hardy on December 20, 2018, 05:29:07 PM

Sounds like your deliberately going out of your way to be insulted because you dont like what he has to say

The whole basis for this comment is to provide an ego trip to inform users that he's virtuous and moral. Seems like this guy is compensating for something.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Rossfan

He paid his VAT settlement as far as I know.
So far on this thread he's been accused among other things of being a gangster, of not paying his VAT, of organising a gang to attack the "security men", of owning 5 houses and refusing to sell 4 of them thus contributing to homelessness.
That's what I recall off the top of my head.
I'm not going to read back the 15 pages to list the other accusations.
If there was a Court Order and it's not complied with  is not the civilised way to get him cited and locked up for Contempt of Court.
But the Institution decided it would go for the jugular but it's backfired badly on them.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orchard park

He's also become a scurrilous developer, couldn't be a farmer as some lad in Bangor error hadn't heard of him and refused to pay local small businesses....

Facts are as scarce as Sam Maguire trips to either Mayo or Roscommon