No more evictions!

Started by Rossfan, December 16, 2018, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Orchard park on December 18, 2018, 02:33:39 PM
I don't do speculation. And I havevrepeatefky said I don't know how the vat Bill came about.

He may have been agri contracting perhaps.

The vat Bill didn't get him evicted though so us s total side show

The VAT bill didn't get him evicted which in my opinion makes it even worse!  He owed this on top of the minimum €65k that was charged on his lands owed to other debtors and the mortgage owed to KBC.  banks do not go against family homes unless they have absolutely no choice.  He owes hundreds of thousands on top of the bank debt so the bank had no option I'd say other than to realize its rights over the land to protect its position

Mayo4Sam

I don't do speculation. And I havevrepeatefky said I don't know how the vat Bill came about.

You've repeatedly said he's just a farmer when the facts point against that.

Contracting could be a reasonable guess, it would be a major coincidence that it came at the start of the recession, but it is possible. It wood take massive mismanagement also.

Whatever the case, he owes a lot of money, he clearly hasn't engaged with the banks or revenue or the quarry. When that happens your property gets repossessed
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Orchard park

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 18, 2018, 02:47:25 PM

You've repeatedly said he's just a farmer when the facts point against that.

Contracting could be a reasonable guess, it would be a major coincidence that it came at the start of the recession, but it is possible. It wood take massive mismanagement also.

Whatever the case, he owes a lot of money, he clearly hasn't engaged with the banks or revenue or the quarry. When that happens your property gets repossessed

No I repeatedly said he wasnta  developer and tgat he didn't hsve 500 acres, 2 points which you were determined to present as fact.

I have also repeatedly said I can't explain VAT, but this is about a bank sponsored eviction not a revenue order.....

Orchard park

A lot of idle speculation here and elsewhere.

Who knows what way this man's mind has beenn or what irrational pressures he has helped put himself under.....

But the cheap easy way is to routinely nlacken and label fraudster criminal and whatever your having uourself.

I haven't met the man in question since his late mothers  funeral over 3 years ago, I grew up with an  older brother,  uninvolved in this, and I don't claim to know the facts so I find it ironic total strangers feel qualified to judge and hang

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Orchard park on December 18, 2018, 03:11:12 PM
A lot of idle speculation here and elsewhere.

Who knows what way this man's mind has beenn or what irrational pressures he has helped put himself under.....

But the cheap easy way is to routinely nlacken and label fraudster criminal and whatever your having uourself.

I haven't met the man in question since his late mothers  funeral over 3 years ago, I grew up with an  older brother,  uninvolved in this, and I don't claim to know the facts so I find it ironic total strangers feel qualified to judge and hang

I don't think there's any idle speculator in stating that this man owed at least half a million or so in debt to a number of different debtors.  There is no indication that he has discharged his outstanding VAT bill, he has 4-5 orders charging land against the property folios and that doesn't include the KBC debt.  His debts seem to have arisen at the outset of the economic downturn, and like many others it has hit him very hard.  In my experience a bank will rarely try to repossess a family home,  particularly when there are other people living in the premises.  It would be the very last resort for them to do so.  This to me would suggest that they have tried and failed and with increasing levels of charges being registered against the property the fear of a diminishing return on any repossession may have forced their hand

Orchard park

Yours is one of the more reasoned positions online.

But to those who castigate him for a debt to a local quarry / concrete supplier, you should really check out who the biggest non payers in Nort Ross are....

And they managed to sell the hotels to a friendly consortium

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Orchard park on December 18, 2018, 03:49:10 PM

But to those who castigate him for a debt to a local quarry / concrete supplier, you should really check out who the biggest non payers in Nort Ross are....

I'd say you know a lot more about this man than you're letting on. Afraid the truth will paint him in the light he actually deserves??

Rossfan

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 18, 2018, 04:02:13 PM

I'd say you know a lot more about this man than you're letting on. A??
More speculation ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orchard park

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 18, 2018, 04:02:13 PM

I'd say you know a lot more about this man than you're letting on. Afraid the truth will paint him in the light he actually deserves??

as above read when i last met Anthony McGann.....
he's a grown man and has bigger concerns than what light anonymous internet posters paint him...
most people who follow Ross football would know one or more members of the family,  lifelong Rossie and Strokestown supporters.....

Itchy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 18, 2018, 02:43:38 PM

The VAT bill didn't get him evicted which in my opinion makes it even worse!  He owed this on top of the minimum €65k that was charged on his lands owed to other debtors and the mortgage owed to KBC.  banks do not go against family homes unless they have absolutely no choice.  He owes hundreds of thousands on top of the bank debt so the bank had no option I'd say other than to realize its rights over the land to protect its position

How much do the banks owe, when do we get to boot them out of a building and pin them to the ground?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Itchy on December 18, 2018, 07:21:23 PM

How much do the banks owe, when do we get to boot them out of a building and pin them to the ground?
Owe to whom?
The state gave them a blank cheque!

Itchy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 18, 2018, 07:25:17 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 18, 2018, 07:21:23 PM

Owe to whom?
The state gave them a blank cheque!

Owe to us, the taxpayer. More outrage about tax affairs of a Roscommon farmer than the fact that these robbing Bastards can throw people on the street for not paying quantities that a minute percentage of what they themselves owe. Its sickening.

Mayo4Sam

These debts are not from farming. Farmers do not register for VAT. We have the best of both worlds where we can claim back VAT for improvements to our land but don't have to add VAT to our sales.
The description of this man as a farmer is misleading
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me