Ulster Club Hurling Championships

Started by Fear Bun Na Sceilpe, October 04, 2013, 11:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

Quote from: johnneycool on October 07, 2013, 10:55:07 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 07, 2013, 10:27:42 AM
Aye, think they could go back into the Ulster IHC if they had won the Armagh Championship this year, wonder if they would have or would they have shown ambition.  I remember Gort Na Mona won it a few times, dunno how they were allowed to re-enter though.

Surely of the Gorts won Ulster, they won Antrim and then would be playing in the antrim senior championship, unless they played senior one year and then dropped back down the following year where the 5 year rule kicks in.

So Lisbellaw are tied into the senior championship for 5 years..

Anyone know how the Creggan Kilclief game when in Downpatrick?

Aye, think they could go back into the Ulster IHC if they had won the Armagh Championship this year, wonder if they would have or would they have shown ambition.  I remember Gort Na Mona won it a few times, dunno how they were allowed to re-enter though.

Surely of the Gorts won Ulster, they won Antrim and then would be playing in the antrim senior championship, unless they played senior one year and then dropped back down the following year where the 5 year rule kicks in.

Our boys blew it JC.  8 points up at one stage. Missed a penalty and Creggan took the lead for the first time in the match in injury time!  I still have no idea how we ended up in the JHC and Bredagh played IHC.

johnneycool

Did the fitness levels let those big lads in the forwards down?

Bredagh won the Ulster Junior championship last year and hence couldn't compete in it this year and as there's no intermediate championship in Down other than the yolk with Bredagh and the three Ards clubs reserves, Bredagh were straight into the Ulster Intermediate championship.

Maybe yourselves and Bredagh can fight it out for the Down intermediate championship next year..

RealSpiritof98

Ulster Intermediate Hurling C'Ship

Armagh Cuchulainns 2-14 0-06 Iniskeen

E Rua Dungannon 0-27 4-17 Clooney Gaels AET

RealSpiritof98

Cuchulainns (Armagh) V Clooney Gaels (Antrim) set for Celtic Park before the Senior final. However Craobh Rua (Armagh) v kickhams creggan (Antrim) set for Athletic Grounds on same day. I know the top brass probably want a good curtain raiser for the senior final, but surely these two games should have been at the same venue considering how easy that fixture could have been set, esp as the 4 clubs come from the same county.

nrico2006

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 15, 2013, 01:44:17 PM
Cuchulainns (Armagh) V Clooney Gaels (Antrim) set for Celtic Park before the Senior final. However Craobh Rua (Armagh) v kickhams creggan (Antrim) set for Athletic Grounds on same day. I know the top brass probably want a good curtain raiser for the senior final, but surely these two games should have been at the same venue considering how easy that fixture could have been set, esp as the 4 clubs come from the same county.

Cant understand the logic of having Armagh and Clooney gaels travelling to Derry, and why should Camlough get a home tie for their final?  Ballinderry and Clonoe at Celtic Park is the most confusing of the lot though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sheamy

Maybe a curtain raiser to the club finals? Make the Loughgiel boys play in both games to even things up.

THE Antrim and Down hurlers must wait to see when their Ulster SHC final will be played after the scheduled November 3 meeting was postponed. A statement from the Ulster Council confirmed the decision, althought they stressed that they still intend to play the fixture. "At last week's Comhairle Uladh CCC meeting the Ulster Senior Hurling Final between Aontroim and An DĂșn was discussed again," it read. "Following correspondence received from the Antrim GAA County Committee on the same day, Comhairle Uladh CCC decided not to proceed with the fixture of the final as previously planned for Sunday 3rd November.

"While it is extremely regrettable that we are unable to proceed with the fixture at this time, the CCC remain committed to playing the Ulster Senior Hurling Final in due course. "There will be no further comment on this matter at this time." - See more at: http://gaeliclife.com/2013/10/ulster-senior-hurling-final-postponed/#sthash.2Ciwhw82.dpuf

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 15, 2013, 02:05:05 PM

Cant understand the logic of having Armagh and Clooney gaels travelling to Derry, and why should Camlough get a home tie for their final?  Ballinderry and Clonoe at Celtic Park is the most confusing of the lot though.

aye, since the rule change of ulster games having to be at the main county ground then this is what happens - 2 teams about 10 mile apart having to make 100 mile+ round trip - madness.

think of how many good grounds could have held this match- Screen, Glen, Bellaghy, Lavey, and if it was a Tyrone venue, coalisland, Edendork, Pomeroy instead of going to Omagh
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

johnneycool

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 19, 2013, 09:40:08 AM

aye, since the rule change of ulster games having to be at the main county ground then this is what happens - 2 teams about 10 mile apart having to make 100 mile+ round trip - madness.

think of how many good grounds could have held this match- Screen, Glen, Bellaghy, Lavey, and if it was a Tyrone venue, coalisland, Edendork, Pomeroy instead of going to Omagh

Are you sure about this? Owenbeg isn't a main county ground.

sheamy

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 19, 2013, 09:40:08 AM

All well and good while the sun shines and the weather is good. There was a lot of wemen and children at Celtic Park yesterday would have got some drenching if there was no seats/stand.

RealSpiritof98

Are the games going to survive, the weather has been atrocious. I hope not. Really looking forward to the game now. Come on Cuchulainns

trasna man

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 26, 2013, 02:39:52 PM
Are the games going to survive, the weather has been atrocious. I hope not. Really looking forward to the game now. Come on Cuchulainns
Celtic park will be in perfect condition for the games tomorrow and the spectators will be well looked after no matter the weather 8) come along and enjoy the big city.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trasna man on October 26, 2013, 02:58:43 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 26, 2013, 02:39:52 PM
Celtic park will be in perfect condition for the games tomorrow and the spectators will be well looked after no matter the weather 8) come along and enjoy the big city.

I have to agree there, the place looked well, very well stewarded too

emainmacha

My settings on flickr supposed to stop those who not on my friends list from downloading photos, but like everything there's way round them
If you want any particular photo and can't get it, let me know and I'll send it over to you