Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

We went 27 minutes without a point in the second half despite creating nearly three times as many scoring chances as Dublin.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ose 14 on February 03, 2018, 10:37:17 PM
at least we were watchable but dublin won this game at a canter with half a team. good to see brennan get a go.

Half a team?

Which likely starters were they missing?

Connolly, O'Callaghan, O'Sullivan?

McCaffrey will have a job getting up to speed for Championship this year.

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on February 03, 2018, 10:14:23 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 03, 2018, 09:09:09 PM
Awful stuff second half.  Dublin picked up the pace for ten minutes at start of second half and blew Tyrone away.  13/14 wides was it for Tyrone? Hardly good enough.

You wouldn't know you weren't at the game

I was at the game and he's right. Worst decision of the night was to put Aidan Mc Crory on Ciaran Kilkenny. Directly cost 1-01 Kilkenny did as he pleased and created the chance that hit the bar. This is not Mc Crorys fault, he is not capable of marking Kilkenny. The fault lies with the man who felt Aiden could do that job.

In hiding

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 03, 2018, 10:30:45 PM
The second half would seem to be pretty misleading. We created more chances than Dublin did but we were extremely wasteful. McAliskey spurning a great goal chance to level there.

McLaughlin has had a very solid debut.

Had you been at the game you would know that there was a fairly strong breeze. Shooting against the breeze under pressure on your weaker foot is not creating chances

You're right about Ciaran Mc Laughlin though

In hiding

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 03, 2018, 10:48:36 PM
We went 27 minutes without a point in the second half despite creating nearly three times as many scoring chances as Dublin.

Do you know what a scoring chance is !!
You are trying to make this sound like we were competitive in the second half. We werent

SkillfulBill

Question : At which point do the good people of Tyrone realise they are worshiping a false god Mickey Harte a singularly destroyed Tyrone forward play for a generation time this guy was gone. Tyrone will never be a real threat for Sam under the current leadership. Harte has out stayed his welcome by at least 10 years. I can't see a panel of all star players coming along to save the guys legacy.  The reality is he was a mediocre manager with an exceptional bunch of players at the right time who was given too much credit and for some reason  has built up a cult following he never deserved. It is time some people realise Peter Stevie Brian sean and co won those All Ireland's not Mickey.

BennyHarp

Quote from: skeog on February 03, 2018, 10:31:37 PM
What game were you watching Ritchie was poor and should have been off sooner.

Although a lot of his passes didn't come off tonight, he is one of very few players in the squad with the vision to pick a 40 yard pass. I'd definitely persevere with him. 
That was never a square ball!!

Club boi

Quote from: SkillfulBill on February 03, 2018, 11:14:11 PM
Question : At which point do the good people of Tyrone realise they are worshiping a false god Mickey Harte a singularly destroyed Tyrone forward play for a generation time this guy was gone. Tyrone will never be a real threat for Sam under the current leadership. Harte has out stayed his welcome by at least 10 years. I can't see a panel of all star players coming along to save the guys legacy.  The reality is he was a mediocre manager with an exceptional bunch of players at the right time who was given too much credit and for some reason  has built up a cult following he never deserved. It is time some people realise Peter Stevie Brian sean and co won those All Ireland's not Mickey.

Agree - time he was gone
Agree - overstayed since 2010/2011. He should have left to keep his legacy, I fear he is on the verge of ruining it

Strongly Disagree - Harte was a good manager. He out though and tactically beat the big guns back in the day but the game has moved on and changed but he still remains. Fresh Ideas and Man at the helm needed

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Club boi on February 03, 2018, 11:26:25 PM

Agree - time he was gone
Agree - overstayed since 2010/2011. He should have left to keep his legacy, I fear he is on the verge of ruining it

Strongly Disagree - Harte was a good manager. He out though and tactically beat the big guns back in the day but the game has moved on and changed but he still remains. Fresh Ideas and Man at the helm needed

ok good manager yes exceptional manager no he is not designed to get the best out of what he has at his disposal. Anyone who put personal opinions and grievances above correct decisions for the good of the team can not be classed as a great manager. sorry I consider him mediocrity at best.

RedHand88

We won the all Ireland in 2008 so....

clarshack

2012 was the time to go. after the game in killarney.

SkillfulBill

SkillfulBill

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 03, 2018, 11:36:21 PM

semantics  get a life and think for yourself he won 3 All Ireland's with an exceptional bunch of players who won him all Ireland's at minor and u21 level as well. engage the brain please and don't bore me with sheepish thinking.

longballin

Quote from: SkillfulBill on February 03, 2018, 11:46:48 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 03, 2018, 11:36:21 PM

semantics  get a life and think for yourself he won 3 All Ireland's with an exceptional bunch of players who won him all Ireland's at minor and u21 level as well. engage the brain please and don't bore me with sheepish thinking.

to be fair Harte also played a big part in those successes but is long past time to let go... need fresh coach he's been left way behind

screenexile

As a neutral at the game tonight a few things were apparent.

The groundswell in Tyrone are not particularly happy with Harte and want a change.

Lee Brennan is a quality footballer and i'm baffled as to why he hasn't featured on a serious level the past few years.

Tyrone don't have enough leaders in the team. Mattie and Peter Harte wouldwalk on to any team in Ireland but went missing in the second half. They should watch James McCarthy and take a leaf out of his book.

They aren't a million miles away but I personally think they need a change!