Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix.

Anyone hardly have an up to date live stream. Finding one 2-3 mins behind. Cheers

Hound

That Suso is a class footballer for Sevilla. But can see why he didn't go far at Liverpool. He comes alive when he has the ball, but otherwise stands around with his hands in his pockets.

Farrandeelin

Good job they finished 3rd. :-\
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 16, 2020, 09:59:58 PM
Good job they finished 3rd. :-\
Schoolboy defending for the winning goal.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

United unlucky not to get another Penalty, that would have brought them back into the game.

Cunny Funt

Had a feeling United would make their exit at the Semi final stage but i didn't think they would lose in that manner.  The difference between the two sides tonight was the two defences and keepers, United could probably play to next Sunday and not score from open play, mainly due to some outstanding goalkeeping and defending by Sevilla.

United conceded two goals from bad defending and Sevilla had only 3 efforts on target, Sevilla had that bit of luck also with the 1st goal when it should have been a throw in for United.

Helix.

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 16, 2020, 10:06:05 PM
Had a feeling United would make their exit at the Semi final stage but i didn't think they would lose in that manner.  The difference between the two sides tonight was the two defences and keepers, United could probably play to next Sunday and not score from open play, mainly due to some outstanding goalkeeping and defending by Sevilla.

United conceded two goals from bad defending and Sevilla had only 3 efforts on target, Sevilla had that bit of luck also with the 1st goal when it should have been a throw in for United.

Didn't take their chances up front either. Say what you want about defending if you're taking 20+ attempts need to be scoring more. Very lacking in strength and depth on bench too. Would have been nice to get to a final but not to be.
Hopefully some improvements with signings in the transfer window in defence and attack.

gawa316

Quote from: ballinaman on May 18, 2016, 09:47:22 PM

This seems fitting!

Must be a sickner to have put all that effort into it, fall short and now have it affect your start to the new season.

screenexile

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 16, 2020, 10:04:52 PM
United unlucky not to get another Penalty, that would have brought them back into the game.

I think they've had enough penalties at this stage don't you??

gawa316

Quote from: screenexile on August 16, 2020, 11:53:25 PM

Quer stench of sarcasm of bunkers post

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: gawa316 on August 16, 2020, 11:24:01 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 18, 2016, 09:47:22 PM

This seems fitting!

Must be a sickner to have put all that effort into it, fall short and now have it affect your start to the new season.

Only four years for that to ripen but I must say it's matured beautifully
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gawa316 on August 17, 2020, 06:45:42 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 16, 2020, 11:53:25 PM

Quer stench of sarcasm of bunkers post

These things balance themselves over a season....

Milltown Row2

Utd were clinging on at the end of season, for whatever reason players were tired!

Not just Utd but most PL clubs looked fecked, the thought of starting of the leagues with no pre season (and rest) seems crazy.. will be a few crazy results at the stat of the leauge
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2020, 10:25:02 AM
Utd were clinging on at the end of season, for whatever reason players were tired!

Not just Utd but most PL clubs looked fecked, the thought of starting of the leagues with no pre season (and rest) seems crazy.. will be a few crazy results at the stat of the leauge

Ole played the same starting team week in, week out since the restart. Showed the plus with exceptional run of results, the negatives were also evident at the end, they were out on their feet.

NAG1

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 17, 2020, 10:30:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2020, 10:25:02 AM

Ole played the same starting team week in, week out since the restart. Showed the plus with exceptional run of results, the negatives were also evident at the end, they were out on their feet.

He didn't have much option as they were among 3/4 clubs who had something to really go for in that period of games. Havent got the strength in the squad to rotate.

Really disappointing to completely dominate the game chances wise and not come away with the win. Time to refresh and come back stronger.

One real concern for me was the form of Rashford, he looks like a complete stranger to a football at this stage, hopefully it is just fatigue.