The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

AZOffaly

JoG2

Quote from: TabClear on May 18, 2016, 09:32:04 PM
Can firmino and couthinho just haven't been in the game at all.  Poor going forward as a result and some awful defending. Moreno has been absolutely woeful.

Fair play to Sevilla. Hung in there when under the cosh and make turnaround in 2nd half.

I'd say their 2nd half  stats in particular would make for grim reading... As for Moreno,  Sevilles best player according to Macca!

The Stallion

Wonder if there will be any criticism of Klopp now. Maybe people will start to realise I've been right all along.

imtommygunn

He has been a liability for a while. Surely there's a better left back in the squad?

Aaron Boone

SHEEDY

Quote from: laoislad on May 18, 2016, 09:41:05 PM
Very disappointing. After a very good first half to turn around and play so brutal in the second half is unforgivable.
It's not even the losing,you can accept losing if a team gives their all but they were absolutely spineless in the second half.
Not one of them stood up to the plate and took the fight. That for me is whats so disappointing of all.

Fair play to Sevilla they took their chances when on top,something Liverpool couldn't do the in the first half while they were on top.
Maybe if one of the hand balls had been given it would have all been different but them are the breaks.

It's been a great run to the final with the Dortmund comeback and making a show of United over two legs,pity they couldn't finish it off tonight.

Champions League football would have been brilliant next year but not to be unfortunately.
Once the dust settles on this I expect wholesale changes in the summer.
Klopp is going to have to find a way to win finals though.

YNWA.
"shit the togs''  ;)
nil satis nisi optimum

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Stallion on May 18, 2016, 09:42:57 PM
Wonder if there will be any criticism of Klopp now. Maybe people will start to realise I've been right all along.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

TabClear

Very disappointing. After a very good first half to turn around and play so brutal in the second half is unforgivable.
It's not even the losing,you can accept losing if a team gives their all but they were absolutely spineless in the second half.
Not one of them stood up to the plate and took the fight. That for me is whats so disappointing of all.

Fair play to Sevilla they took their chances when on top,something Liverpool couldn't do the in the first half while they were on top.
Maybe if one of the hand balls had been given it would have all been different but them are the breaks.

It's been a great run to the final with the Dortmund comeback and making a show of United over two legs,pity they couldn't finish it off tonight.

Champions League football would have been brilliant next year but not to be unfortunately.

YNWA.

I don't think any of the handballs were penalties.  The firmino one maybe but in my view it would have been harsh.

The lovren header was a killer.  If sturridge had stood still would the keeper have got it?.....

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 18, 2016, 09:43:51 PM

YNWA.
"shit the togs''  ;)
Yep they more or less did just that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jeepers Creepers

Straight into the group stages of champs league as well, thought it was through the qualifiers.

Captain Obvious

Were Sevilla on steroids in that second half? Liverpool and Klopp are right to be upset for not getting at least one penalty however it's still no excuse on why they played so poorly after the half time break.

Minder

They were like a pub team in the second half
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

snoopdog

Quote from: laoislad on May 18, 2016, 09:44:49 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on May 18, 2016, 09:43:51 PM

YNWA.
"shit the togs''  ;)
Yep they more or less did just that.
No sign of you on the utd pages tonight.

ballinaman