Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDanger

are there 17 teams?? or 13??

venter

MacDanger, I think there are 17 teams. So there will be a minimum of 20 games in the season. 16 league and 4 championship. Thats a lot of football. 

A lad was telling me that Crossmolina B finished second in Division 4 this year and Killala won division 3 and yet Cross will end up in Division 2 next year while Killala will remain in division 3. It could be a hard year for Cross B.

Cross seniors won the league yesterday beating Shrule by 1-09 to 1-06.
How did Killala get on in the connacht final?

Mayo4Sam

Killala won with a goal early in the second half of extra time from a bilbow
fair play and congrats, junior and intermediate titles going to mayo this year
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

venter

Fair play to Killala. AIB will get great milage out of there one life one club ad Campaign!

criostlinn

What a performance by killala. Looked finished early in the second half but put in a real fighting performace to win in extra time. Rory Hannick played a stormer and id say the clifden full back will be having nightmares about him. 7 points for marcus hannick but nearly all from frees which rory won.

Farrandeelin

Anyone know who is relegated to intermediate? Wasn't the game between Louisburgh and Kiltimagh to go ahead on Sunday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

OkeyDoke

Louisburgh won by 4-5 points

Farrandeelin

From hoganstand:
The Mayo football leagues have an uncertain future following proposals to change the format were denied at a recent county board meeting, which leaves clubs uncertain of when the league will begin.

The fact there is still several matches to be played in this year's league campaign was a major cause for concern among delegates, but now the league is in limbo and it looks as if a decision will not be made until the New Year.

The County Board has invited clubs to submit more proposals for consideration with the most likely scenario that the league comprise of four divisions consisting of 12 teams each.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

venter

A picture from the Mayo News of the Crossmolina Dinner Dance. Two of the cups are from local one off games, the Lydon cup and the Garrett cup.

rosnarun

if my memory serves Crossmolina are not the current holders of the lydon cup is it not those mighty mountainy men in red and white   ;D.
who plays for my old mate Padriag Garret cup is the national schools or was that the A Garvey and is me old mucker Kennneth Mulkearns cup still awarded? and what a tragic class that was
RIP
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

venter

The Garrett Cup is contested by the Cross Juniors and Lahardane. The mountainy men should have made it thier business to have red and white ribbons tied to the Lydon cup.

Mayo4Sam

Eamon Clarke is quoted on the paper as saying the proposals for the new league format is almost completely and will be discussed at the next county board meeting. There is also a connaught mneeting in the TF the weekend after this, with 3 reps from each club invited, only had a quick glance at this anyone know anything else?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AbbeySider

Found this post on the Hogan Stand and I thought it was interesting...

(I know what your thinking... wtf was he doing on the HoganStand?...  :P  :P  :P  )

Mayo League
tourmakeady are in the top 3 teams in the county. my rankings would be:
1. crossmolina
2. ballina
3. ballaghaderreen
4. kiltane
5. tourmakeady
6. belmullet
7. knockmore
8. claremorris
9. charlestown
10. knockmore
11. garrymore
12. castlebar
13. moy davitts
14. breaffy
15. ballintubber
16. westport
17. shrule/glencorrib
18. ballinrobe
19. parke
20. louisburgh

can anyone disagree with that?

IMO I would disagree slightly... Not that i have seen all these teams play this year but for my tuppence worth my rankings in Mayo would be:

1. crossmolina
2. ballina
3. ballaghaderreen
4. knockmore
5. shrule/glencorrib
6. kiltane
7. claremorris
8. charlestown
9. castlebar
10. tourmakeady
11. belmullet
12. moy davitts
13. breaffy
14. ballintubber
15. Davitts
16. westport
17. garrymore
18. Burrishoole
19. Kilcommon
20. louisburgh
21. Kilmeena
22. ballinrobe
23. parke
24. Hollymount

Im probably a bit out with some of the above but im interested to see other rankings....

muscles magoo

Quote from: AbbeySider on January 15, 2007, 02:04:35 PM
Found this post on the Hogan Stand and I thought it was interesting...

(I know what your thinking... wtf was he doing on the HoganStand?... :P :P :P )

Mayo League
tourmakeady are in the top 3 teams in the county. my rankings would be:
1. crossmolina
2. ballina
3. ballaghaderreen
4. kiltane
5. tourmakeady
6. belmullet
7. knockmore
8. claremorris
9. charlestown
10. knockmore
11. garrymore
12. castlebar
13. moy davitts
14. breaffy
15. ballintubber
16. westport
17. shrule/glencorrib
18. ballinrobe
19. parke
20. louisburgh

can anyone disagree with that?

IMO I would disagree slightly... Not that i have seen all these teams play this year but for my tuppence worth my rankings in Mayo would be:

1. crossmolina
2. ballina
3. ballaghaderreen
4. knockmore
5. shrule/glencorrib
6. kiltane
7. claremorris
8. charlestown
9. castlebar
10. tourmakeady
11. belmullet
12. moy davitts
13. breaffy
14. ballintubber
15. Davitts
16. westport
17. garrymore
18. Burrishoole
19. Kilcommon
20. louisburgh
21. Kilmeena
22. ballinrobe
23. parke
24. Hollymount

Im probably a bit out with some of the above but im interested to see other rankings....

Jesus wept.... The ladeen that posted the original rankings on hoganstand mustn't get out often - 16 teams in the county better than Shrule??? Are Tourmakeady really the fifth best team in the county????
Abbeysider - I know Ballinrobe didn't have a great year but I'd still have them a few notches above Kilcommon....

I suppose I'd better offer my own opinions seeing as I'm criticising everyone else's....

1. Crossmolina
2. Ballina
3. Ballaghadereen
4. Shrule
5. Knockmore
6. Kiltane
7. Claremorris
8. Castlebar
9. Claremorris
10. Charlestown
11. Belmullet
12. Garrymore
13. Tourmakeady
14. Ballinrobe
15. Ballintubber
16. Breaffy
17. Moy Davitts
18. Westport
19. Louisbourgh
20. Kilmeena

An Gaeilgoir

1.Crossmolina
2. Ballina
3. Ballaghadereen
4. Shrule
5. Knockmore
6. Kiltane
8. Castlebar
9. Claremorris
10. Charlestown
11.Tourmakeady
12.Ballintubber
13. Parke
14. Belmullet
15. Garrymore
16. Ballinrobe
17. Breaffy
18. Moy Davitts
19. Westport
20. Louisburgh

As a Tourmakeady man,we are no where near the top 5 in the county. We are playing well,but our squad is quite small. Still cant wait to take on the " big boys next year". The gulf is massive though. Even better though we have an All Ireland semi-final to worry about and maybe a date in Croker..... ;)