Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

I see Barry O'Donnell (Ulster herald) tweeted about the competitiveness of Division two this year. Here's the table below:

1 An Eaglais, Naoimh Pádraig                18
2 Gortin St Patrick's                              14
3 Loughmacrory St. Teresa's                 14
4 Owen Roe O`Neill's GAC, Leckpatrick  13
5 An táite Riabhach Naoimh Pádraig       11
6 Dungannon Thomas Clarke GAA          11
7 Stewartstown Harps                           11
8 Augher St Macartan's GFC                  11
9 Moortown St Malachy's                       11
10 Cookstown Fr. Rock's GAA                11
11 Strabane Sigersons                           8
12 Kildress Wolfe Tones                         8
13 Urney St Columba's                          7
14 Achadh Lú Uí Néill                            6
15 An Caisleán Glas Naoimh Padraig       4
16 Derrytresk Fir an Chnoic                   0

Lough have a game in hand (replay of Greencastle game) over all other teams so are well placed to secure second spot, assuming Eglish don't slip up again. Our remaining fixtures are Derrytresk, Aghaloo, Augher, Greencastle, Tattyreagh and Gortin. We've Augher, GC and Tatts away.

Gortin are also well placed to have a rattle at second place. They have Greencastle, Aghaloo, Urney, Cookstown (away) and the Lough.

Stewartstown were also very well placed but messed up big time against the Lough by failing to take a 13m free to secure a two point lead, lost the ball and conceded an equaliser with last play of the game. They subsequently lost to Moortown so have fallen well back at this point.

Owen Roes have found a rich vein of form recently and have flew up the table to be on 13 points. The only downside for them is they have played all the teams around the foot of the table and face a tough away game in Cookstown against a rejuvenated Fr Rocks. They also still have to face Eglish.

Outside of that there a 6 teams on 11 points which really highlights the competitiveness of the division, any of these teams could make a late charge for the top of the table although games running out now.

Edit: to include games missed.

Under Lights

Loughmacrory have 6 games remaining, not 5.

Norf Tyrone

Loughmacrory also have Augher, while Gortin have Urney. Fixtures not included in OG post there.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longballin

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on June 11, 2018, 03:00:56 PM
Castlederg number 5 blinsides a Clogher player.

The CCC could have set down a marker by suspending Gallagher from Loughmacrory for at least 12 months If not longer. If young Carson's injury was served as a warning it's been soon forgotten. If players knew that they were going to get lengthy & meaningful suspensions this type of cowardice would soon fizzle out. Do the crime - serve the time!

Seen that clip.. as I said before if my son was assaulted like that he be heading for the court house. At least have the balls to fight toe to toe rather than blindsiding like that. So dangerous

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: TabClear on June 12, 2018, 12:13:50 PM
Quote from: awideisneverasgood on June 12, 2018, 11:21:06 AM
I didnt realise the ban was as low as that, thats crazy.  I also dont think there should be any distinction  between types of strikes.  I agree theres a certain moral difference between two lads squaring up and a sneaky punch from behind but in this day and age there should be zero tolerance for striking.

I tend to agree. Like yourself I don't particularly have an issue if two lads go toe to toe but in the interests of stamping out the more dangerous acts it should be a blanket punishment. For example, two players box and one gets the better of the other. Ref shouldn't have to judge if the player is defenceless say.

The big thing is that the minimum punishment has to be meaningful, at least 4 weeks and needs to be consistently enforced. There would be a lot of suspensions at the start but players might cop on then.

There is no way we should go back to time bound suspensions, it needs to be a number of games, but agree that 1 game is far too low for a strike or any sort of violent act.
The issue with the old system where you got a month  was that a month could mean missing 4/5 games or it could mean missing 1, it wasnt a fair way of doing things.

personally i think a striking offence should be 3 games automatically, and potential to be even more if it is reviewed by ccc
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 12, 2018, 01:36:14 PM
Quote from: TabClear on June 12, 2018, 12:13:50 PM
Quote from: awideisneverasgood on June 12, 2018, 11:21:06 AM
I didnt realise the ban was as low as that, thats crazy.  I also dont think there should be any distinction  between types of strikes.  I agree theres a certain moral difference between two lads squaring up and a sneaky punch from behind but in this day and age there should be zero tolerance for striking.

I tend to agree. Like yourself I don't particularly have an issue if two lads go toe to toe but in the interests of stamping out the more dangerous acts it should be a blanket punishment. For example, two players box and one gets the better of the other. Ref shouldn't have to judge if the player is defenceless say.

The big thing is that the minimum punishment has to be meaningful, at least 4 weeks and needs to be consistently enforced. There would be a lot of suspensions at the start but players might cop on then.

There is no way we should go back to time bound suspensions, it needs to be a number of games, but agree that 1 game is far too low for a strike or any sort of violent act.
The issue with the old system where you got a month  was that a month could mean missing 4/5 games or it could mean missing 1, it wasnt a fair way of doing things.

personally i think a striking offence should be 3 games automatically, and potential to be even more if it is reviewed by ccc

Agree with the games rather than months. Back in my playing days I had a teammate who got a 8 week ban and i think only missed 2 games because of a combination of county games and an early championship exit

omagh_gael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 12, 2018, 01:30:51 PM
Loughmacrory also have Augher, while Gortin have Urney. Fixtures not included in OG post there.

Managed to miss those! You are fairly building up a head of steam, Norf. Dark horses for a play off spot? ;)

mountain4sam

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 12, 2018, 10:09:59 AM
Quote from: TheWaterBoy on June 12, 2018, 09:09:27 AM
Quote from: mountain4sam on June 12, 2018, 08:29:07 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 11, 2018, 03:04:55 PM
In no way trying to downplay Carson's injury but to clarify he wasn't hit off the ball or from behind without warning. He had the ball and the Lough play tackled/punched with close fist and caught him when Carson was full on sprinting with the ball.

Again not condoning it but wasn't in the same vein as the Castlederg incident.

Omagh Gael, Carson was hit off the ball! he had played the ball whenever the punch came in and it was from behind/side late. Young carson turned into the punch, I was there and have seen the video. Both acts the same in my eyes

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 13, 2018, 10:49:42 PM
I was at game and Sludden didn't even give a free for initial incident which I think was the injury. Not 100% sure that was the exact cause of the injury though as I had taken my eye off the play for a second. A full on brawl started after that but Mark was still down from initial incident.
Omagh Gael, that's some description of what happened after saying that you had taken your eye off the play and didn't see the incident....

Since that post it was clarified what happened. I was merely trying to point out that it wasn't the exact same situation as the Castlederg punch. Lough player clearly in the wrong and is serving his time (well above the usual suspension) as a result.

the lough player got 8 weeks as he has a few red cards the last 12 months, you would prob know this as a fan of loughmacrory so its NOT well above the usual suspension

Under Lights

Rumours of change of management in Galbally

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Under Lights on June 12, 2018, 07:05:18 PM

Who is the manager and who is the replacement? That would be 3 division 1 teams that have changed management mid season. Club players think they are premier league players these days.
Living the dream!!!

bigfrank

Fergal p mc Cusker has been given the chop at galbally,his assistant/trainer also has left,trainor from dungannon

Localexpert

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 12, 2018, 09:17:14 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 12, 2018, 07:05:18 PM

Who is the manager and who is the replacement? That would be 3 division 1 teams that have changed management mid season. Club players think they are premier league players these days.

In fairness coalisland more than vindicated with their decision.  Not only are we undefeated since the change but it's cost us nothing as well....

Under Lights

Kevin Kelly from team talk fame is said to be one of the members of the new management team, I wish them well #PlayersCoup

skeog

Kevin knows his football expect Galbally to improve on recent results.

WT4E

Quote from: skeog on June 13, 2018, 03:00:30 AM
Kevin knows his football expect Galbally to improve on recent results.

Will he interview himself after their championship game... that would be worth a watch!  ;D