The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

Alvarez's face didn't look right must have broke his cheek bone or something, serious knee for the win alright though.

Hound

Quote from: MoChara on December 04, 2017, 10:10:35 AM
Alvarez's face didn't look right must have broke his cheek bone or something, serious knee for the win alright though.
Was a brilliant fight. Very unusual swelling that Alvarez had alright! Kinda reminds you had good McGregor is (if he ever gets back to it) when you remember how easily he dismantled Alvarez.

Ngannou is a monster. But Miocic won't make it easy for him. That'll be a great fight to look forward to. I've never seen a knocked out guy go as stiff as a board like Overeem! I was fearing the worst for a few seconds.

I thought Holloway was exceptional. Don't think there's anyone in 145 that can touch him. Although apparently he struggled to make weight this time, so maybe at 24 he won't be fighting 145 for too much longer. I reckon he'll be 155 by 2019 if not earlier. With Ferguson, Khabib, Diaz and (in a year or two) Holloway there are a lot of potential great fights for McGregor if he does come back. I'd love to see Diaz fight someone other than McGregor, but it seems he's holding out for just Conor.

HiMucker

Quote from: gallsman on December 04, 2017, 09:49:21 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on December 04, 2017, 09:27:49 AM
Forgot to mention Eddie Alvarez's superb KO with the knee.  Great scrap , but both men looked completely gassed.  Good pace to the fight but was surprised to see them so knackered.

Try going at the pace they were going at and not be exhausted. Brilliant fight, as expected.
Nah your alright, Ill just watch them boys try and do it :)

The Iceman

Cowboy Oliveira and Medeiros was some scrap.  An all out war.  I was laughing at how ridiculously good it was. Couldn't believe either of them were still standing...
Enjoyed the whole card. Alvarez' boxing was great. Those body shots took their toll.  Justin could make adjustments and come back better. It's his first loss.  I think CMG was in Alvarez' head andhe wasn't able to fight like he could. But it's all part of the fight -the mental side too....

So what's your definition of a good fight. Eddie said after the win that the fans dont care about titles - they care about violence. Is that true for you? I thought about it a lot...boxing, mma...all the fights we remember as great fights...was it because of sheer violence? Technical skill? Both?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Gs Man

The Cowboy Mediros fight was fight of the night for me, although I'm sure Alvarez will pick up that bonus.

When I first started really watching MMA I was more interested in the stand-up, bloody wars, but as I started learning more about the technical aspects and finishes etc I've moved away from that and can appreciate the ground work a bit more.

So somewhere in the middle would be my ideal fight.  Bit of boxing, bit of clinch-work, some groundwork.  That's ideal for me rather than just one extreme or the other.
Keep 'er lit

Hound

Quote from: The Gs Man on December 04, 2017, 01:41:31 PM
The Cowboy Mediros fight was fight of the night for me, although I'm sure Alvarez will pick up that bonus.

All 4 guys got the $50k Fight of the Night bonus.

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

GetOverTheBar

GSP out indefinitely with colitis, can't say I know too much about the condition but big blow for him and his return.

Can only see him coming back at catch weight really though going forward.

Smokin Joe

Khabib was pretty awesome (as usual) last night.

Hopefully with his weight now in order he can fit a bit more regularly than he has managed in the past.

gallsman

He's an absolute animal. Dominant on the ground and took some big shots as well. Walked right through a full speed wheel kick at one stage.

HiMucker

Just watched  the Khabib fight.  Honestly have never seen anything like that.  The pressure, stamina , ground and pound, all absolutely incredible.  He made barboza look like an amateur.  You felt that sorry for him.

gallsman

Ferguson-Khabib is official for the Lightweight Championship at UFC 223 on April 7th. Dana has just said that it will be the undisputed championship and Ferguson was introduced as the "UFC Lightweight Champion". He deliberately refused to confirm if McGregor had been stripped but said all would be clear soon. Suspect they'll pull a fast one and move McGregor to "Super Champion" or "Champion Emeritus" a la boxing.

Thug Rose - Joanna 2 also going to be on the same card.

Smokin Joe

My broadband is down (and I am using a slow mobile device at the moment), so it means that streaming is very slow / impossible.

Could any of you fellas tell me the best place to download tonight's card tomorrow morning? I am thinking that even if it takes a longer time to d/l at least I will then watch it without buffering.

gallsman

Brilliant performances by both Stipe and DC.

gallsman

Ffs, I forgot about this bellend.