The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: The Gs Man on November 30, 2017, 01:14:39 PM
His da has come out and said the stories are 95% nonsense and the other 5% exaggerated.

Matter closed then , nothing to see here!

All the money in the world can't prepare you for the fame notoriety and hangers on that McGregor encounters. He appears as though he is not equipped to handle the change in lifestyle and sudden accumulation of wealth. I hope I'm wrong but I fear that this is going to end badly for McGregor if he doesn't get the right people around him to try and keep a handle on the excesses of his lifestyle.

lurganblue

Leaving court there like he was the General

Syferus

The most insulting thing for him must have been having to pay a €400 fine in instalments.

Boycey

It looked to me like he was speeding on his way out, Jesus he's getting tiresome at this stage.

square_ball

Quote from: lurganblue on November 30, 2017, 02:39:30 PM

The state of his mate in the beige tracksuit too. Mcgregor puts the hood up so of course he has to copy him.

gallsman

Quote from: square_ball on November 30, 2017, 04:11:20 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on November 30, 2017, 02:39:30 PM

The state of his mate in the beige tracksuit too. Mcgregor puts the hood up so of course he has to copy him.

That's his mate Charlie Ward. An absolute bum of a martial artist that McGregor got two fights in the UFC. He was knocked out badly both times, the second time KOing himself after getting thrown to the ground. He's the same lad who won the fight a few weeks ago when McGregor jumped the cage.

Don Johnson

Quote from: Syferus on November 30, 2017, 03:58:09 PM
The most insulting thing for him must have been having to pay a €400 fine in instalments.

He doesn't have to pay it in instalments you weapon. He was offered the chance to.

MoChara

HiMucker

Ngannous  ko was unreal.  Animal.

Would there be any chance mcgregor would step back down to featherweight at any stage?

gallsman

No chance of him ever going to FW. He's the draw - if Holloway wants the fight, it'll be at 155.

Ngannou is an absolute Savage. Think he'll run through Stipe as well.

The Gs Man

That was a great card at the weekend.  Some really good fights.

Ngannou could be a champ for the foreseeable.
Keep 'er lit

HiMucker

Forgot to mention Eddie Alvarez's superb KO with the knee.  Great scrap , but both men looked completely gassed.  Good pace to the fight but was surprised to see them so knackered.

gallsman

Quote from: HiMucker on December 04, 2017, 09:27:49 AM
Forgot to mention Eddie Alvarez's superb KO with the knee.  Great scrap , but both men looked completely gassed.  Good pace to the fight but was surprised to see them so knackered.

Try going at the pace they were going at and not be exhausted. Brilliant fight, as expected.

Smokin Joe

I wrote this on Page 77 of this thread 51 weeks ago:

"I've only started watching UFC recently, but the French light heavyweight, Francis N'gannou who fought at UFC Albany looked pretty special."

He is a monster.

It was a great card alright.