Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 26, 2016, 01:05:35 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 26, 2016, 12:25:18 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 26, 2016, 11:55:15 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 26, 2016, 11:43:42 AM
I wonder who will be sold

My name is Arry, Arry Kane. €60m to Man United.

For €60 million? Not a chance, you would have to go close to breaking a world record to get him.

I'm pretty sure anyway him and Alli or anyone that might attract a megabucks offer will stay at least another year and play in the Champions League for Spurs..

Man United are still Man United, biggest club in England, top 4 in the World.

Spurs have a stadium to pay for £100m for Arry and Alli would go a long way towards helping to pay for that.

Man United have a history of buying the best available British talent, it's always being part of their model. Spurs have always being a selling club.

For the player it will always come down to money, 200K a week at Man United or 100K a week at Spurs. What player has ever turned down the money?

Nail on the head Dinny. All comes down to money. Spurs will be lucky if they get another season out of those mentioned!

bennydorano

For €60 million? Not a chance, you would have to go close to breaking a world record to get him.

I'm pretty sure anyway him and Alli or anyone that might attract a megabucks offer will stay at least another year and play in the Champions League for Spurs..

Spurs have a stadium to pay for £100m for Arry and Alli would go a long way towards helping to pay for that.

Man United have a history of buying the best available British talent, it's always being part of their model. Spurs have always being a selling club.

For the player it will always come down to money, 200K a week at Man United or 100K a week at Spurs. What player has ever turned down the money?
Shearer

muppet

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 26, 2016, 01:07:33 PM

Nail on the head Dinny. All comes down to money. Spurs will be lucky if they get another season out of those mentioned!

No one ever Bale's out of Spurs for money!
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

Quote from: bennydorano on April 26, 2016, 01:10:32 PM

Shearer

Did he?
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Shearer

I've read this a few times recently.

Blackburn offered more money than Man United for both Shearer (1992) and Keane (1993). Alan took the money and Roy took United.
MWWSI 2017

Walter Cronc

Lads catch yourselves on if you think Kane will turn down the money. I do think he'll stay another year, so will Alli but when Spurs aren't challenging they'll be off.

bennydorano

I was referring to when big Al went to Newcastle, not Blackburn.

Maroon Manc

Shearer

Shearer earned more money at Blackburn then he would have done at United, it was probably the same at Newcastle. United weren't a huge wage payer back then. Blackburn offered Keane a higher wage then United did in 1993.

As for Kane he's going nowhere this summer and if Spurs continue to do well then then he'll certainly stay for a few more years although their going to have to up his wage especially if he has a good summer in France. I thought I remember reading he was on about 60k a week at Spurs, that is a long way short of what United would offer him.

Walter Cronc

MM theres no way in hell he'll stay if United were to double/treble his salary. That stadium needs paid for!

Lest be realistic here - despite Uniteds dip I'd put money on them to win more trophies than Spurs over the next 10 years!

Dinny Breen

Keane also held Man United to ransom over his contract which made him the highest paid player in England. He knew his worth and knew going to Man United ultimately would make him more money. Roy is no mug. Harry Kane the ex-gooner is no mug.
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 26, 2016, 01:31:41 PM
Keane also held Man United to ransom over his contract which made him the highest paid player in England. He knew his worth and knew going to Man United ultimately would make him more money. Roy is no mug. Harry Kane the ex-gooner is no mug.

Time for Harry to come home! she wore.....

seafoid

According to Forbes billionaires issue the Joe dude who owns TH is richer than the Glazers

Maroon Manc

In fairness Keane the best player in the league at the time and one of the best players in the world and his wage didn't reflect that. He could have easily doubled his wage at the time, Bayern & Juve offered him double what United ended up paying him.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 26, 2016, 01:39:49 PM

In fairness Keane the best player in the league at the time and one of the best players in the world and his wage didn't reflect that. He could have easily doubled his wage at the time, Bayern & Juve offered him double what United ended up paying him.
Calling what footballers earn "wages" always makes me smile.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 26, 2016, 01:24:59 PM
MM theres no way in hell he'll stay if United were to double/treble his salary. That stadium needs paid for!

Lest be realistic here - despite Uniteds dip I'd put money on them to win more trophies than Spurs over the next 10 years!

Agreed