The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: ONeill on January 07, 2014, 11:15:25 AM
Quote from: deiseach on January 07, 2014, 11:08:48 AM
And if there really was a link between his gesture and his injury I'd be horrified.

wtf?

It would be horrific if we lived in a world where some light-hearted joshing led to you getting an injury. It'd be the equivalent of some Greek myth where Zeus turns you into a monster because you're too beautiful. But we don't live in that kind of world. At least, I hope we don't.

ONeill

In that case Thatcher would've died in a vat of acid in 1988.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

deiseach

Quote from: ONeill on January 07, 2014, 11:26:23 AM

Way to make me wish we did live in that kind of world.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: ONeill on January 07, 2014, 11:26:23 AM

Loooooooonnngggggg before 88.

rodney trotter

http://t.co/o554WYHcty
Jermain Defoe's long-mooted move from Tottenham Hotspur to Toronto should be finalised shortly with the ambitious Major League Soccer club intending to unveil the England striker at a press conference on Monday.

The forward will become the most eye-catching of the Canadian club's pre-season signings, and is expected to sign a deal worth in excess of £90,000 a week, with Spurs to collect a fee of around £6m for a player who has 18 months to run on his contract. There remains the prospect of Defoe returning to White Hart Lane on loan until March before departing for the MLS, with Tottenham having initially hoped to retain his services until the end of their current campaign.

That compromise – Toronto's domestic season begins at Seattle on 15 March – would see a transfer first suggested in the autumn finally concluded, with Defoe to rejoin a former Tottenham team-mate, the Toronto head coach Ryan Nelsen, at his new club.

The former New Zealand international and Blackburn Rovers centre-half has described Defoe as "one of the most natural goalscorers I have ever come across" and suggested that bringing him to MLS would be "incredible" for Major League Soccer. His arrival would reflect the ambitions of the Ontario club overseen by Tim Leiweke, who brought David Beckham to Los Angeles Galaxy.

It remains to be seen how the move will affect Defoe's chances of making Roy Hodgson's England squad for the summer's World Cup finals in Brazil. The 31-year-old boasts 19 goals from his 55 caps and has been a regular squad member under the current regime, if not always utilised from the bench. He has suffered similar frustrations at Spurs having started only three Premier League games to date this term, his goalscoring exploits reserved for the Europa League and domestic cup competitions. Indeed, he has registered nine times in those competitions this term having scored 90 goals in the topflight for Spurs over two spells at the club.

His departure will prompt Tottenham to explore the addition of a striker to their ranks, though they may wait until the summer before aggressively entering the market. The club's unsettled Argentine winger Erik Lamela, who has also made just three league starts since his £30m move from Roma last summer, has been told he will not be allowed to leave White Hart Lane on loan this month and will remain at the club despite tentative interest from Italian clubs to return him to Serie A.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dinny Breen

Happy St Totteringhams Day

Just the 19 years....
#newbridgeornowhere

J OGorman

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AQMP on May 13, 2014, 12:25:26 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 13, 2014, 12:23:42 PM
Where?

To the dole office

The Final Salute!!!!! 

Goodbye Timmy, he is more of a Littlewoods Catalogue man and not Topman!

rodney trotter

He won 1.91 points per PL match at Tottenham, the highest average of all Spurs managers in PL era.