The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on December 16, 2013, 11:52:20 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 16, 2013, 11:31:25 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 16, 2013, 11:08:08 AM
AVB gone!

In fairness they looked awful clueless at times yesterday. Didn't seem to have any idea what each person's role was. Feel sorry for him though.

They are laying 7th in the league and sack the manager! The sport has gone mad..

Yes. It does appear crazy. I knew looking at your man's face (Levy I think) there on Sunday that he was toast.

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 16, 2013, 12:15:10 PM
Yes. It does appear crazy. I knew looking at your man's face (Levy I think) there on Sunday that he was toast.

He'd make a terrible poker player.

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on November 04, 2013, 04:00:52 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2013, 03:50:56 PM
Bollix! Bert Trautmann played in an FA Cup Final with a broken neck, and lived into his 90s. Let the player decide.
You don't fcuk around with brain injuries, end of story. Doctor makes the call, not the player or the manager.

Reminds me of this.....

The wise words of former Partick Thistle manager John Lambie. George Shaw, one of Lambie's strikers, collided with an opposition player and was knocked out cold. When he came round the trainer said to the manager: "Boss he's got concussion, he doesn't know who he is." Lambie replied: "Tell him he's Pele and send him back on."
;D

Sidney

Tottenham's big mistake was getting rid of Harry Redknapp - their most successful manager since Keith Burkinshaw.

EC Unique

Be interesting to see what Tony thinks? Spurs fans happy with sacking or not? I suppose it depends on who comes in next..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: EC Unique on December 16, 2013, 01:00:27 PM
Be interesting to see what Tony thinks? Spurs fans happy with sacking or not? I suppose it depends on who comes in next..
Exactly! They'll decide in May.

Canalman

AVP very harshly treated imo. The culture of underachieving at the club just cannot be blamed on virtually every manager to pass through.

The amount of class players to come there and see their careers nosedive is beyond belief.

Sidney

Villas Boas has clearly shown he doesn't have the personality or tactical knowledge to hack it in English football and is damaged goods now. You could argue he shouldn't take all the blame for Tottenham's signings failing to bed in this season but he agreed to the job under the conditions where somebody else would make the signings and you're automatically compromising yourself by agreeing to that.

His reputation was based pretty much entirely on one season in an uncompetitive league and a devalued European competition with Porto, where he inherited Hulk and Falcao. Also because Mourinho had won the UEFA Cup and Champions League with Porto, and because Villas Boas had worked with Mourinho, this notion grew that he was the new Mourinho, which didn't help him.

He could learn from his mistakes and go on to be a relative success with a smaller club in a weaker league than England but Tottenham were going nowhere under him. You cannot survive two 6-0 and 5-0 thumpings like that, especially at home, and it could have been 8 or 9 yesterday. He has shown that he can't organise a defence in big matches both with Chelsea and Tottenham. He jumped far too quickly from Porto, where he would have been better off learning his trade in the Champions League for another couple of seasons.

AZOffaly

In fairness the 6-0 was away to Man City, who are racking up the goals altogether at home. Yesterday was an abomination as far as Spurs would be concerned, but I'd say the 3-0 defeat at home to West Ham might have actually been the death knell. They do look extremely ragged though, and it can't all be because of Bale leaving. It looks more like a club that bought too many lads, too soon, without any real grand plan of how to fit them in.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Sidney on December 16, 2013, 12:54:51 PM
Tottenham's big mistake was getting rid of Harry Redknapp - their most successful manager since Keith Burkinshaw.

As a Spurs man for 30 years, once Redknapp whored himself out for the english job, he had to go.........as for AVB, he should have held fire until after Christmas..............Tim Sherwood, its like lord of the flies....madness..

T Fearon

I just don't know at this stage.Long for the glory days of NIcholson and Burkinshaw and even those two had their problems with the Spurs chairman of their days.Maybe it's time for a younger manager in the Rodgers mode, who I never rated before,but must admit is doing a first class job at Liverpool this season.Questions have to be asked of Levy himself,who appoints these managers in the first place.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

No.She's working with Arsenal,trying to help them avoid conceding 6 goals

Dinny Breen

Sherwood seems like a decent skin, how long before he starts whinging moaning like every other EPL manager.
#newbridgeornowhere

T Fearon

Two wins in a row at Old Trafford,the second without Bale and with Webb fit to start for Man Ure! We are all Tims now,Celtic and Spurs fans together!