The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Remember that myself.It was in Tommy Smith's testimonial game.

Main Street

Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2013, 11:38:51 PM
Remember that myself.It was in Tommy Smith's testimonial game.
So long ago?
then it was from the era of the mustaches, before the era of the perms.

T Fearon

Bollix! Bert Trautmann played in an FA Cup Final with a broken neck, and lived into his 90s. Let the player decide.

ballinaman

Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2013, 03:50:56 PM
Bollix! Bert Trautmann played in an FA Cup Final with a broken neck, and lived into his 90s. Let the player decide.
You don't fcuk around with brain injuries, end of story. Doctor makes the call, not the player or the manager.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2013, 03:50:56 PM

Spurs played Mido for months when he was clearly out of his mind.
MWWSI 2017

EC Unique

brokencrossbar1

His press conference after the game suggested that he didn't bring in the players, that it was Baldini who brought the most of them in.  In fairness they are performing below the level that they should be and it will be interesting to see who takes them on.

Bingo

brokencrossbar1

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on December 16, 2013, 11:08:08 AM
AVB gone!

In fairness they looked awful clueless at times yesterday. Didn't seem to have any idea what each person's role was. Feel sorry for him though.

laoislad

Liverpool were linked with most of the players Spurs bought in the Summer. Just as well they picked Spurs,good enough for them now!
Would Whiskey nose go to Spurs till end of season.

No sign of Fearon?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

Quote from: laoislad on December 16, 2013, 11:34:01 AM
Liverpool were linked with most of the players Spurs bought in the Summer. Just as well they picked Spurs,good enough for them now!
Would Whiskey nose go to Spurs till end of season.No sign of Fearon?

I take it your joking?

EC Unique

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 16, 2013, 11:31:25 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 16, 2013, 11:08:08 AM
AVB gone!

In fairness they looked awful clueless at times yesterday. Didn't seem to have any idea what each person's role was. Feel sorry for him though.

They are laying 7th in the league and sack the manager! The sport has gone mad..

deiseach

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at the meeting where he was sacked. On the face of it, it's harsh. They are still ahead of Man Utd and it is going to take time to integrate all those new players into the team. He's had only 16 games and standards are flat enough this season that a half-dozen of them would be viewed as a crap shoot beforehand. Spurs have a great chance of winning the Europa League and we all know what that is worth these days. On the other hand, he seemed to be stubbornly making the same mistakes - Michael Cox has a great article on how he adopted the same tactics for the Liverpool game as he did for the Citeh game - and his petulance would have driven the most patient of chairmen to distraction. I'd have been tempted to fire him just for slagging off the fans after the Hull game.