The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 02, 2017, 06:41:56 PM
Kane is very good no doubt but i don't think he is mobile enough to be among the real top guys at clubs of that stature.

Be interesting to see what he does at world cup.

Fcuk all hopefully.

HiMucker

Quote from: GJL on November 02, 2017, 07:13:51 PM
Kane is very good no doubt but i don't think he is mobile enough to be among the real top guys at clubs of that stature.

Fcuk all hopefully.
Ah not at All,  I always hope for progression to a semi final with a controversial defeat

ned

For some one who isn't mobile he appears to have a great knack of getting to the ball before the defender or creating space when you dont think he should.

screenexile

If I were a Spurs supporter I'd be more worried about Real swooping for Pochetino!!

Dire Ear

Quote from: HiMucker on November 02, 2017, 07:28:20 PM

Fcuk all hopefully.
Ah not at All,  I always hope for progression to a semi final with a controversial defeat

;D ;D

TabClear

Quote from: ned on November 02, 2017, 10:46:30 PM

For some one who isn't mobile he appears to have a great knack of getting to the ball before the defender or creating space when you dont think he should.

Like Robbie Fowler. Dont know whether it was just his running style but at times it looked like he was running in quicksand but always seemed to get to a toe to the ball just before the keeper/defender and it would trickle in off the post!

Sign of a great striker.

Maroon Manc

He makes up for it in other ways, turned into a brilliant all round footballer. There's not many better centre forwards the last 12 months if any.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: screenexile on November 02, 2017, 10:54:32 PM
If I were a Spurs supporter I'd be more worried about Real swooping for Pochetino!!

I don't think managing Barca & Real is as important to managers as it is too players. There is no chance of building a legacy at Real, Zidane could get the chop after winning back to back CL.; Its madness.

He's an ex PSG man so there's always the chance he might want to there one day although if I had to put money on it I could his next job at City or United. Both clubs would give him the time and money to get it right.

Minder

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 03, 2017, 11:13:15 AM

He makes up for it in other ways, turned into a brilliant all round footballer. There's not many better centre forwards the last 12 months if any.

Yeh like many I thought he was a one season wonder. There isn't a team that wouldn't have him now.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lurganblue

Quote from: HiMucker on November 02, 2017, 07:28:20 PM

Fcuk all hopefully.

Although getting dumped out of a major tournament by Iceland is particular recent favourite

Denn Forever

He didn't look at sea against Real. 

I think that england will find it hard after their easy progresssion to the finals and their conservatism by not playing players that in Form or are not the paper's darlings.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on November 02, 2017, 10:54:32 PM

Poch has been good, but far more replaceable than a player like Kane. Just imagine what he'd cost if you had to buy him.

I thought he might turn out to be a one season wonder like so many other English strikers but he's definitely set himself apart from all his compatriots since peak Rooney.

johnnydrama

Alright lads, just looking a bit of logistics advice. What's the handiest and cheapest way of getting to Wembley from Luton airport on St Stephens day? Heading over for the Southampton game and a bit clueless round london. Cheers.

thewobbler

Get the Easybus to Baker St and you'll only be 3 tube stops away.

Farrandeelin

Cawnt believe Tony hasn't been on about this game today.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.