SHANNON AIRPORT AND AER LINGUS

Started by mannix, August 09, 2007, 09:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

Quotethat is prone to been fogged in quite often

Not any more. Knock has recently acquired funding to buy some top spec guidance system that will greatly reduce the number of cancelled or re-directed flights

stephenite

Had to laugh when I read about the Bishops coming out and saying that Aer Lingus had a moral responsibilty to reverse the decision - Yeah right lads ;D :D ;D

Hardy

Quote from: GweylTah on August 14, 2007, 12:03:34 AM
Well, the Southern State and many of its people will insist on referring to itself as "Ireland"

Dreadful behaviour, really. I mean, how dare we call our country by its name. Almost as outrageous as The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland referring to itself as "Britain", I'd suggest, or the USA calling itself America. But nowhere near the outrageous provocation continuously perpetrated by France calling itself ... France. I mean, where do we get off with this insulting carry on?  wouldn't blame you UK-ish people if you refused to accept our subsidies and support for your roads, airports, etc.

GweylTah

Quote from: Hardy on August 14, 2007, 10:33:10 AM
Quote from: GweylTah on August 14, 2007, 12:03:34 AM
Well, the Southern State and many of its people will insist on referring to itself as "Ireland"

Dreadful behaviour, really. I mean, how dare we call our country by its name. Almost as outrageous as The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland referring to itself as "Britain", I'd suggest, or the USA calling itself America. But nowhere near the outrageous provocation continuously perpetrated by France calling itself ... France. I mean, where do we get off with this insulting carry on?  wouldn't blame you UK-ish people if you refused to accept our subsidies and support for your roads, airports, etc.

Oh lighten-up FFS.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: dec on August 13, 2007, 10:06:40 PM
The Financial Times take on the event.

The recent decision by Aer Lingus to end its Shannon to Heathrow service and make Belfast its first non-Irish hub has triggered what some observers believe will be one of many commercial squabbles over the spoils of peace in Northern Ireland.

That's a mis-print.........should read 'norn-Irish hub'
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Donagh

The "first non-Irish hub" phrase and the bull about Birmingham being in the running is to make it more palatable to the unionist Neanderthals who can't see the all-Ireland economy rapidly taking root on the island. Like seriously, how many "non-Irish" people are going to fly into Aldergrove to get a connecting flight? It's a second Irish base/hub for what used to be the national carrier.

In a few years from now, we could have 42k people standing for Amhrán na bhFiann at an Ulster Final on the site of Long Kesh Concentration Camp, watching the Green Shamrock coming into land in South Antrim.  ;D