may warriors
Faithful Turfmen B

Division B is

Smackdown Clowns
Galway Bay Tribesmen
L'Esprit de Biff
Hegan's Helmets
New York Jets V

at least ya haven't renamed my team the Gay Warriors Az, wouldn't really have put the Fear of god into the oppostion teams  ;) :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Alright, same question re division names for the 'B' Championship. Let me know.

Division A

Revis and Butthead
Rehab is 4 Quitters
Craigyhill Terrors
Crossmaglen Hitmen
Faithful Turfmen

Division B
Red Hand Helmets
Royal Badgers
Ruthless Rossies
Captain Pat's Vikings
O'Neill's Chargers

AZOffaly

Finally for the new 'C' championship

Division 1

Uibh Fhailians
Curragh Rams
Superdubs
North Antrim Nuggets
Savage Bears

Division 2
Puppet Master
Oraisteach's Browns
Faithful Turfmen 'C'
Derry No Clues
Big Apple Orchards

AZOffaly

Remember, the divisions are important in this game. No matter what league you are in, the playoff (and promotion) will be decided as follows.

2 Divisions of 5 teams in each.

The winner of each division qualifies for the playoffs. The division winner with the best win-loss record is seed #1, the other division winner is seed #2

seeds #3 and #4 are the wildcards, and are the two best losers (in win-loss) regardless of which division they come from.

Seeds #1,2,3 and 4 will be promoted for next year.

The playoffs will see #1 v #4. #2 v #3 in the semi.

This holds true for all Leagues.

magpie seanie

I've an idea for 4 of the 6 divisions - name after the modern era players enshrined into the Hall of Fame this year. Richard Dent, Marshall Faulk, Deion Sanders and Shannon Sharpe. That's 4.

Throw in current commentators and former Superbowl MVP's Troy Aikman and Phil Simms just cos it came into my head reading a list of Superbowl MVP's and there you have it!

AZOffaly

I like all that except Phil Simms and Troy Aikman. i do like the idea of naming them after the hall of fame class. How about those 4, plus the John Madden and Pat Summerall divisions as well?

magpie seanie

Cool with me. As I said the Simms/Aikman thing was just a completely random thought.

Oraisteach

I'd feel a whole lot better about being "C" quality if the division was Jim Brown. 

ceiphas50

After Shannon Sharpes speech at Canton he defiently has to be in, but if were going with HOFs we should go with HOF managers thats what were all tryn to be like
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

Minder

Quote from: ceiphas50 on August 10, 2011, 04:50:31 PM
After Shannon Sharpes speech at Canton he defiently has to be in, but if were going with HOFs we should go with HOF managers thats what were all tryn to be like

That was a great touch by Shannon Sharpe in fairness, Sterling tried not to cry but ended up sobbing like a baby.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

AZOffaly

AZOffaly

Great stuff. Now the entire league waits for heganboy to move into the A Championship. That will sort out A, B and C :D

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 09, 2011, 02:34:29 PM
Lads, just doing the draw for the Divisions within the 'A'Championship at the moment. East and West, North and South is not really applicable any more, so any suggestions for names? (I've all 10 team names, including hegans helments in a hat).

My 2 cents

Since we are the manager/coach the divisions should reflect that title.

A Championship     Vince Lombardi     George Halas  divisions   The two most famous coaches in the history of the league.

This would be the elite of the elite hence A championship

B Championship     John Madden       George Allen   divisions     The two coaches with most wins behind Lombardi.

Almost the best but not there yet makes the B championship.

C Championship     Bill Belichick           Andy Reid  divisions         The two active coaches with most wins.

The new guys on the block trying to make it to the show at the C championship .     
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014