Author Topic: The Official UFC Thread  (Read 87942 times)

HiMucker

• View Profile
Re: The Official UFC Thread
« Reply #1305 on: December 04, 2017, 09:27:49 AM »
Forgot to mention Eddie Alvarez's superb KO with the knee.  Great scrap , but both men looked completely gassed.  Good pace to the fight but was surprised to see them so knackered.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: December 04, 2017, 09:49:21 AM »
Forgot to mention Eddie Alvarez's superb KO with the knee.  Great scrap , but both men looked completely gassed.  Good pace to the fight but was surprised to see them so knackered.

Try going at the pace they were going at and not be exhausted. Brilliant fight, as expected.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Smokin Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: December 04, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »
I wrote this on Page 77 of this thread 51 weeks ago:

"I've only started watching UFC recently, but the French light heavyweight, Francis N'gannou who fought at UFC Albany looked pretty special."

He is a monster.

It was a great card alright.

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: December 04, 2017, 10:10:35 AM »
Alvarez's face didn't look right must have broke his cheek bone or something, serious knee for the win alright though.

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: December 04, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »
Alvarez's face didn't look right must have broke his cheek bone or something, serious knee for the win alright though.
Was a brilliant fight. Very unusual swelling that Alvarez had alright! Kinda reminds you had good McGregor is (if he ever gets back to it) when you remember how easily he dismantled Alvarez.

Ngannou is a monster. But Miocic won't make it easy for him. That'll be a great fight to look forward to. I've never seen a knocked out guy go as stiff as a board like Overeem! I was fearing the worst for a few seconds.

I thought Holloway was exceptional. Don't think there's anyone in 145 that can touch him. Although apparently he struggled to make weight this time, so maybe at 24 he won't be fighting 145 for too much longer. I reckon he'll be 155 by 2019 if not earlier. With Ferguson, Khabib, Diaz and (in a year or two) Holloway there are a lot of potential great fights for McGregor if he does come back. I'd love to see Diaz fight someone other than McGregor, but it seems he's holding out for just Conor.

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: December 04, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »

Try going at the pace they were going at and not be exhausted. Brilliant fight, as expected.
Nah your alright, Ill just watch them boys try and do it :)

The Iceman

• Here comes the Pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 04, 2017, 01:33:00 PM »
Cowboy Oliveira and Medeiros was some scrap.  An all out war.  I was laughing at how ridiculously good it was. Couldn't believe either of them were still standing...
Enjoyed the whole card. Alvarez' boxing was great. Those body shots took their toll.  Justin could make adjustments and come back better. It's his first loss.  I think CMG was in Alvarez' head andhe wasn't able to fight like he could. But it's all part of the fight -the mental side too....

So what's your definition of a good fight. Eddie said after the win that the fans dont care about titles - they care about violence. Is that true for you? I thought about it a lot...boxing, mma...all the fights we remember as great fights...was it because of sheer violence? Technical skill? Both?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Gs Man

• View Profile
    • Captain Kennedy
« Reply #1312 on: December 04, 2017, 01:41:31 PM »
The Cowboy Mediros fight was fight of the night for me, although I'm sure Alvarez will pick up that bonus.

When I first started really watching MMA I was more interested in the stand-up, bloody wars, but as I started learning more about the technical aspects and finishes etc I've moved away from that and can appreciate the ground work a bit more.

So somewhere in the middle would be my ideal fight.  Bit of boxing, bit of clinch-work, some groundwork.  That's ideal for me rather than just one extreme or the other.
Phosporescent!

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: December 04, 2017, 04:40:27 PM »
The Cowboy Mediros fight was fight of the night for me, although I'm sure Alvarez will pick up that bonus.

All 4 guys got the $50k Fight of the Night bonus.

The Gs Man

• View Profile
    • Captain Kennedy
« Reply #1314 on: December 05, 2017, 08:32:25 AM »
Nice one!
Phosporescent!

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: December 05, 2017, 03:07:46 PM »
GSP out indefinitely with colitis, can't say I know too much about the condition but big blow for him and his return.

Can only see him coming back at catch weight really though going forward.